Spin and spin....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Spin and spin....

Spin and spin....

FF are obviously just running a popularity contest to get in, a campaign based on trust NB & AT to know what is best.....as a strategist I don't blame them for as a marketer I understand that it is often more effective to sell the sizzle than the sausage.

On FF.....They state that they don't know where the $1 million from the current profit is parked??? FAIR DINKUM...how gullible are many that post on this forum...Gdanski a CURRENT Board memember of long standing is PART of the FF ticket, if not the originator.

Now either FF would have it that Gdanski is a complete dill (in which case why have him on the ticket???) or through Gdanski they would have a very detailed and accurate knowledge of past Board decisions, budgets finances etc. Or was Gdanski asleep at the wheel????

PROOF that they have had access to information also lies in the members database which they got in advance of the normal process......if they can get such databse in breech of Privacy Rules....why would they not have also gotten other data????

The Board are spinning too.

Both sides are spinning....and only the naive cannot see this.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 19 Sep 2007 11:38am, edited 2 times in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Did we need ANOTHER thread on SFF vs RB ????????????

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Did we need ANOTHER thread on SFF vs RB ????????????
Who mentioned RB?

This is about the spin...not the individuals...& I am not advocating a vote either way.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 19 Sep 2007 11:30am, edited 1 time in total.

GrumpyOne

Its like politics SRR.

You vote for the person you think tells the fewest lies. :(

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The battle is about selling the dream.....the dream of winning the Cup...

FF have foccused quite narrowly and clearly on this.

It is a value propostion that members what to buy into as they all want to achieve the dream

Carl Mynott
Club Player

"Naive"

Ease up belittling other posters because they dont get on here continuously with yet another angle on the same subject.....

Some have already made up their minds,history will then prove them right or wrong.........It's not rocket science,this new mob want to run the business in
a different way to the current,burnt out mob,let them have a go at it, they maybe just what the club has been searching for since 1966.......

Go Saints .......WHOEVER IS RUNNING THE PLACE

:P

The more things change the more they stay the same
yipper
SS Life Member

Carl Mynott wrote:"Naive"

Ease up belittling other posters because they dont get on here continuously with yet another angle on the same subject.....

Some have already made up their minds,history will then prove them right or wrong.........It's not rocket science,this new mob want to run the business in
a different way to the current,burnt out mob,let them have a go at it, they maybe just what the club has been searching for since 1966.......

Go Saints .......WHOEVER IS RUNNING THE PLACE

:P
Agree. 100%. Naive indeed!! Vote for whomever you want. And whomever it is in charge - pull your finger out and get the joint rocking again!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:The battle is about selling the dream.....the dream of winning the Cup...

It is a value propostion that members what to buy into as they all want to achieve the dream
Isn't having a dream better than continuing down a road that is looking more like a deadend street every year?

Many have simply decided that RB should have moved on for many of the reasons he moved on Thomas...

As a club we cannot afford to have the risk of the fallout of this decision
haunt us going forward.

Time for a fresh start to compliment the relatively new coaching staff...

A continuation of the unforgivable ,embarrassing ,unprofessional public brawling we saw this year would certainly kill off the dream...

The next 3 years are probably the most important in this clubs history..

We must get it right or be consigned as the greatest goodabeens of the modern era :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Saints43
Club Player

9992 posts in 1283 days.
7.78 posts every day for 3 years 6 months and 4 days.

Too many?

Shaggy
Club Player

SR ... SFF actually did say that no idea where the money was parked ... lol.

You do not believe it.

Fair enough but I don't think there is anything for the SFF to gain by their statement.

I doubt they are trying to win over members by being ignorant. Are you calling them liars? What on earth do they gain by making up BS?

As far as Board members go, and knowledge, it doesn't surprise me at all. How do you know what is disclosed at the Board meetings?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

For the record (Yipper and Mynot)...I did not say that forumites were naive in selecting to vote for FF (and remember that I have posted early on that given the information that I currently have that I too will be voting for FF)....just if they thought that FF were not spinning as well then they were naive

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gives you the s***s doesn't it......whichever way you go...there is someone on here that will insult your intelligence and probably question your sanity and manhood...ffs......pple are entitled to make a choice without posters on here trying to thrust their views down your throat.....nothing anyone states on here will have any effect on how i will vote....i will (or have)... made up my mind on what each party has to say.....my proxy is still in my pocket at this stage.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:9992 posts in 1283 days.

Too many?
Can you read the OP..READ it??

It is about both sides spinning.

Id DID NOT say that people were naive for voting for FF....just naive if they believed that BOTH parties were not BOTH spinning.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Re: Spin and spin....

saintsRrising wrote:PROOTH
Prooth wath a thuper player with Fithroy and Thydney and now coacheth the Thwanth.

Just a bit of thilly trivia for forumiteth ... pleath, carry on.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:The battle is about selling the dream.....the dream of winning the Cup...

Isn't having a dream better than continuing down a road that is looking more like a deadend street every year?

Many have simply decided that RB should have moved on for many of the reasons he moved on Thomas...

As a club we cannot afford to have the risk of the fallout of this decision
haunt us going forward.

Time for a fresh start to compliment the relatively new coaching staff...

A continuation of the unforgivable ,embarrassing ,unprofessional public brawling we saw this year would certainly kill off the dream...

The next 3 years are probably the most important in this clubs history..

We must get it right or be consigned as the greatest goodabeens of the modern era :roll:
Saint Pat....AGAIN...I was not advocating to NOT VOTE for FF.

I was not advocating to Vote for the Board....and that is not why I started this string.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:SR ... SFF actually did say that no idea where the money was parked ... lol.

You do not believe it.

Fair enough but I don't think there is anything for the SFF to gain by their statement.

I doubt they are trying to win over members by being ignorant. Are you calling them liars? What on earth do they gain by making up BS?

As far as Board members go, and knowledge, it doesn't surprise me at all. How do you know what is disclosed at the Board meetings?
It must be an incompetent Board then....and pretty poor form then IF Gdanski is clueless about such a large sum of money.

Must be a mighty unusual Board then....in which case the current Boad deserves to go.

As to are they Liars....what I have said is that both sides are "spinning".

For example it was intially said by FF that ALL proposed FF candidates were "Passionate about the Saints". We now know that the Dana (who is an excellent candidate) was added for expertise rather than for having been passionate about the Saints.

Saints43
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:

Too many?

Id DID NOT say that people were naive for voting for FF....just naive if they believed that BOTH parties were not BOTH spinning.
Didn't agree. Didn't disagree. Just asking if you think you post too often?

Clearly not.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Too many?

Didn't agree. Didn't disagree. Just asking if you think you post too often?

Clearly not.
Do you think that you post too little??

I enjoy the forum...and discussion and debate (which at the shool I went to was nota dirty word).

So no I don't think I post too often.

a forum is there to make posts in....

Do you visit to not read posts???? Some lurk...so write...each to their own.

Though a forum with onlu lurkers would not last for long.

I enkoy the Forum because I like to think and discuss things.....and that I am curious about things.

You makea post...and get replies....sometimes you learn things...sometime not.

Sometimes you change your view....sometimes not.

But if no one posts...then there is no discussion.

Personally I enjoy the site and learn something new about the saints each day.

Cheers sRr

Shaggy
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
Shaggy wrote:SR ... SFF actually did say that no idea where the money was parked ... lol.

You do not believe it.

It must be an incompetent Board then....and pretty poor form then IF Gdanski is clueless about such a large sum of money.
No ... maybe its been a divided Board for a while. A non exec can ask questions but can't get answers unless the Chairman wants to give it. Given Gdanski jumped ship there will have been a lot of nonsense going on. It doesn't mean he is clueless ... on the contrary he would have just walked away if that was the case.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Ah....but you see I don't think Gdanski is clueless...or that he does not havea good idea of what was going on.

My view is that he wanted to take another direction....and took it....

Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

Come on Forum Hogger - one more post for 10,000. Then you can ease off a bit and stop driving me mad with your repetitive forcefull opinions.

Once a Sainter always a Sainter.
Shaggy
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Ah....but you see I don't think Gdanski is clueless...or that he does not havea good idea of what was going on.
Well then why did they go public that they didn't know where the million is? Is that because Gdanski is clueless, or very smart, or actually doesn't know where the million is ?(assuming we have a million lying around in the first place). Its seems a very odd statement to make as spin.

To the top
SS Life Member

The reason this debate rages in the manner it does is because the lack of success of the St Kilda FC inflames the passion for success.

But success does not come from passion - it comes from committed, consistent effort benchmarked against the criteria for success.

And the criteria for success is a stable administration making correct decisions.

In regards Director's duties, try going before a Court of Law and attempting to argue that, as a Director of a Company, you did not know something (anything) about that Company.

The requirements on Directors are onerous - and onerous in the extreme, which is why there is a dearth of people prepared to take on the responsibility - including me!

Even when offering opinion, you cover off with an Indemnity to protect your position and documentation is marked "Commercial in Confidence".

What we have here is an alternate ticket highlighting that revenue has fallen, that expenses have been adjusted and that Net Profit has been maintained.

The proposal is to win a premiership (passion) by increasing expenditure accross the Football Department and in regards sponsor services - with an appropriation of funds marked for debt reduction to (be diverted to) Football Department expenditure.

Further there is reference to "good debt" and a diversification of income streams.

What we do know is that St Kilda FC have lost 2 of its major sponsors for particular reasons (Change in business plan and being "gazzumped" by Pratt).

In response to this, the alternate ticket states that they have people (including former Saint's legends) in the wings - and sponsorships are on foot - dependent on the success of the alternate ticket (so, these people will support St Kilda on a certain premise - but not otherwise - and that raises its own set of questions because sponsors are there for product identification - and decisions are made for business promotion purposes).

So the debate rages on on this forum.

And it remains my view that no-one is in a position to come to any conclusion at this juncture.

And, by extension of the foregoing, the use of a revered player's name to accrue proxies (which are not binding) at this stage is premature.

I did have some input into a similar process elsewhere - and where the alternate ticket was successful.

That particular Australian Rules Football Club was paralysed in 2003 because its (freehold owned) Social Club had been making losses for 12 years, camoflaged by transfers from the Football Club.

The stage had been reached where the Social Clubrooms were to be sold (with bank pressure), there was a forward plan which was not tenable because of the necessary approvals not being forthcoming etc. etc. etc.

The alternate ticket put its plan and was voted in.

That club, in the last 6 months, has resolved an impasse over the relocation of its poker machines to an alternate (non football) purpose built site (a joint venture with the objector) and has put a property which the club could not afford to develop - and was largely condemed - out to tender - and sold for around $6 Million.

The change rooms have been rebuilt under one of the stands.

The re-valuation reserve will repair the previous write-downs on the Balance Sheet (where Net Assets had reduced to the order of $400,000-, with losses of up to $400,000- per annum, finaced by bank overdraft. The viability of the club was in question) - and the next decision is how to deploy the cash reserves to a sustainable, income producing asset to augment the re-established revenue from the poker machine venue.

The next step is recruiting - and on-field success.

The alternate ticket laid out specific plans - and won the debate.

I would like to see this replicated at St Kilda FC.

Mind you, this club could now buy and sell St Kilda FC!

JeffDunne

TTT, ask Mr Pratt why support is sometimes conditional. Lack of integrity or conviction isn't always the answer.

At least you're starting to show your true colours though, that's a plus.

However, maybe it's time for you to declare your interest in preserving the status quo rather than attempting to smear anyone that might question it.

And I'll ask again, are you going to answer my question?

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

No matter which group runs the ST.K.F.C they both have to attempt to gain the services of a Brilliant media performer know the world over just to explain to their members and the public at large what is happening at the club. I implore both parties to get the service of one Murray Walker as chief of Media liaisons. Spin Spin Spin Round and Round and Round he goes. :wink:

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.