Sportal - AFL lashes out at drug rumours

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Sportal - AFL lashes out at drug rumours

AFL lashes out at drug rumours
21/09/2007 10:41:16 AM
Angus Morgan
Sportal

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou has angrily denied rumours that an AFL player has returned a third positive test for illicit drugs.

Demetriou said the rumour was being peddled by a 'crappy' website which also named a player in relation to the allegations.

"It is completely unfounded, it is completely untrue, it is a scurrilous rumour that's going around … it's just simply not true and I just want to put an end to it," Demetriou said.

"There's no player out there with three positives. If there were it would be public knowledge now because they have to go to the Tribunal.

"Those people who are pushing it should be ashamed of themselves because it's simply not true.

"It was on a website yesterday, some crappy website. People think they can name people and cast aspersions on their reputation, it’s just disgraceful."

Demetriou told 3AW the AFL and a club had taken action to have the website remove the offending article.

Three AFL players are on the record as having twice tested positive for illicit drugs. A player who tests positive for a third time is required to appear before the AFL Tribunal where he faces a suspension of up to 12 weeks.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Its seems the site in question is Bigfooty. I got a look into the thread yesterday before it was deleted....started off simply that they heard a player had tested three times.....snowballed from there.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Its seems the site in question is Bigfooty. I got a look into the thread....started off simply that they heard a player had tested three times.....snowballed from there.
I didn't think that BigFooty actually named the player or Club?

Is more likely it is the Landeryou website they are referring to.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Spinner wrote:Its seems the site in question is Bigfooty. I got a look into the thread....started off simply that they heard a player had tested three times.....snowballed from there.
I didn't think that BigFooty actually named the player or Club?

Is more likely it is the Landeryou website they are referring to.

Could also quite possibly that website too.....

As bigfooty threads were taken down yesterday.

But it begs the questions....Where does that Landeryou bloke get his info????

roo+hayes=flag
Club Player

Who ever made this up is clearly bored with all the talk lately about Judd. They wanted to start some thing. I hope they cop a huge sentance for it. I makes the game look like a joke when it is the best damn game in all the lands

Keep on rolling Harvs
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Andrew Landeryou was once a minor player in the labor party.

he has a lot of connections, and basically lives of his fathers reputation.

hes ripped off people, funnelled funds over seas through dodgy scams and abandoned his wife as he hid from people he ripped off a couple years ago.

son of another labor scoundrel bill landeryou who some of you older folks may remember.

scum son of scum.

given his rumourmongering nature, he is a political version of patrick smith. friendless small minded shyte eater.

either he has no money and is bankrupt or threatened to become a bankrupt a few years ago, so he sits around peddling rumours about labor, liberal, anyone who he doesn't like and pretty much unless he breaks a state or federal law, he's not worht suing as he doesn't have a sou was the story a while ago.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:Andrew Landeryou was once a minor player in the labor party.

he has a lot of connections, and basically lives of his fathers reputation.

hes ripped off people, funnelled funds over seas through dodgy scams and abandoned his wife as he hid from people he ripped off a couple years ago.

son of another labor scoundrel bill landeryou who some of you older folks may remember.

scum son of scum.

given his rumourmongering nature, he is a political version of patrick smith. friendless small minded shyte eater.

either he has no money and is bankrupt or threatened to become a bankrupt a few years ago, so he sits around peddling rumours about labor, liberal, anyone who he doesn't like and pretty much unless he breaks a state or federal law, he's not worht suing as he doesn't have a sou was the story a while ago.

Is he a kid or what???

What age are we talking.....30s 40s?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

Is he a kid or what???

What age are we talking.....30s 40s?
andy landy would be about 38 to 40

acts like a petulant 9 year old

if he hadn't been such a selfish prick was being groomed as a labour man, was in danbys group as an advisor during the election about a decade ago?

dodgy as all hell.

SHUT UP KRIME!
TheBabyBlues
Club Player

I found out this rumour through a friend who got an email from someone at aflvic.com

I'm not sure if thats where that guy you were talking about is from, but its come from within the AFL somewhere.

Not surprising to see the AFL deny it though. :roll:

"We dont have a drug problem"
"We dont have a tanking problem"
"we dont have any problems at all...we are infallible!" :roll:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:I found out this rumour through a friend who got an email from someone at aflvic.com

I'm not sure if thats where that guy you were talking about is from, but its come from within the AFL somewhere.

Not surprising to see the AFL deny it though. :roll:

"We dont have a drug problem"
"We dont have a tanking problem"
"we dont have any problems at all...we are infallible!" :roll:
google andrew landeryou on wiki nothing going to get this site busted for that, and then have a look at the link to his blog.

andy landy has or had powerful links once, he had a business run in conjunction with solly lew, linked to Danby, his old man is a powerful union lobbyist bill landeryou, he partner(or former partner), ,was melbourne city councillor.

he has a TREMENDOUS ego and thinks he is infallable.

now im general left of current liberal govt but a social conscious liberal appartchik friend of mine, told me some even more disgusting things about andy landy that I wont tell even if you PM me, but he is a nasty nasty piece of work and even the laborites wont touch him any more, and the liberals dont want him.

so he sits in his celler spouting his vile filth at everyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Landeryou

SHUT UP KRIME!