Butters and his ego

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Butters and his ego

I had a flat tyre the other day driving down South Rd. Moorabbin - it was Butters fault apparently like everything people can possibly think of even remotely to do with St.Kilda F.C. Butters should have written to me and told me to put more air in my tyre, but no, he was too busy with other things due to his terrible ego. Greg Westaway drove past and promised me a new tyre and also that I would never get a flat tyre again -ever...he drove off before he could tell me where to get the tyre and who was going to pay for it. The crappy weather in Moorabbin this morning is also Butters fault because of his uncontrollable ego. Yuk, my coffee is cold -you guessed it, Butters and his ego at work.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Well time to get rid of him then. He sounds like nothing but trouble. Put in what-his-name he will save you :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Butters and his ego

spert wrote:I had a flat tyre the other day driving down South Rd. Moorabbin - it was Butters fault apparently like everything people can possibly think of even remotely to do with St.Kilda F.C. Butters should have written to me and told me to put more air in my tyre, but no, he was too busy with other things due to his terrible ego. Greg Westaway drove past and promised me a new tyre and also that I would never get a flat tyre again -ever...he drove off before he could tell me where to get the tyre and who was going to pay for it. The crappy weather in Moorabbin this morning is also Butters fault because of his uncontrollable ego. Yuk, my coffee is cold -you guessed it, Butters and his ego at work.
have a real sook why don't you..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Shaggy
Club Player

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 72,00.html

"The Saints' $214,000 recruiting budget last year was the least of any club - little more than a quarter of the total spent by Collingwood to ensure the Pies snared the best kids from Australia, and even abroad."

That was not GT’s nor Beveridge’s fault .... that was the Board.

Pathetic.

After 2 years in the finals it’s unbelievable to spend so little on recruitment.

Our Board then decides to increase our recruitment expenditure in stages to $600,000 by 2009.

FFS our list matures 2009 - 2010. What is the point of maximizing spending on recruitment 2009 when there is a 3 year time lag?

The mate of Alex Rance (who should be top 10 draft this year) said it all on BF when he stated that the only team not to talk to Rance so far was StKilda. If we are not even talking to top 10 drafts forget the crap about out bottom end picks or rookies.

I do blame the Board … not the workers working under duress.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 72,00.html

"The Saints' $214,000 recruiting budget last year was the least of any club - little more than a quarter of the total spent by Collingwood to ensure the Pies snared the best kids from Australia, and even abroad."

That was not GT’s nor Beveridge’s fault .... that was the Board.

Pathetic.

After 2 years in the finals it’s unbelievable to spend so little on recruitment.

Our Board then decides to increase our recruitment expenditure in stages to $600,000 by 2009.

FFS our list matures 2009 - 2010. What is the point of maximizing spending on recruitment 2009 when there is a 3 year time lag?

The mate of Alex Rance (who should be top 10 draft this year) said it all on BF when he stated that the only team not to talk to Rance so far was StKilda. If we are not even talking to top 10 drafts forget the crap about out bottom end picks or rookies.

I do blame the Board … not the workers working under duress.
and that's one of the major problems.......but according to ttt and a couple of others on here ...we should all keep the faith and throw in our lot with tthese penny pinching f-wits.....

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I had a flat tyre the other day driving down South Rd. Moorabbin - it was Butters fault apparently like everything people can possibly think of even remotely to do with St.Kilda F.C. Butters should have written to me and told me to put more air in my tyre, but no, he was too busy with other things due to his terrible ego. Greg Westaway drove past and promised me a new tyre and also that I would never get a flat tyre again -ever...he drove off before he could tell me where to get the tyre and who was going to pay for it. The crappy weather in Moorabbin this morning is also Butters fault because of his uncontrollable ego. Yuk, my coffee is cold -you guessed it, Butters and his ego at work.
Did he claim credit for every day that your tyre was proplerly inflated though?

If so, then he's got to cop it when it does go flat.

bungiton
SS Life Member

spert wrote:I had a flat tyre the other day driving down South Rd. Moorabbin - it was Butters fault apparently like everything people can possibly think of even remotely to do with St.Kilda F.C. Butters should have written to me and told me to put more air in my tyre, but no, he was too busy with other things due to his terrible ego. Greg Westaway drove past and promised me a new tyre and also that I would never get a flat tyre again -ever...he drove off before he could tell me where to get the tyre and who was going to pay for it. The crappy weather in Moorabbin this morning is also Butters fault because of his uncontrollable ego. Yuk, my coffee is cold -you guessed it, Butters and his ego at work
Well it comes back to Butterss eventually doesn't it, if instead of cutting costs by taking money away from maintenance and injury management, he had invested some money to cover for this eventuality you could have regularly maintained and serviced the vehicle, the tyre would have been noticed beforehand, thus negating the inconvenience of time spent needlessly on the side of the road.

Thank you your post exactly sums up the current situation at the club.

fairly pedantic, bordering on the pathetic but thanks for the example

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
Shaggy
Club Player

For a small time I am going to become a B4Eva and copy and paste the same message.

I want to know from people like Spert and TTT why they think it is appropriate that:

bungiton
SS Life Member

Shaggy wrote:For a small time I am going to become a B4Eva and copy and paste the same message.

I want to know from people like Spert and TTT why they think it is appropriate that:

Because a profit is more important than a premiership! Bottom line not top of ladder.

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:For a small time I am going to become a B4Eva and copy and paste the same message.

what...????...you asking for a sensible answer to a reasonable question from spert and ttt.........?????....hope you are not holding your breath..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

bungiton
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:

what...????...you asking for a sensible answer to a reasonable question from spert and ttt.........?????....hope you are not holding your breath..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
yeah expect it to start with
One time...... at band camp....
Or this bloke i know from Norwood....
Or I was having lunch with all the world leaders yesterday....
Or me and the pope were fishing once and.....

Shaggy
Club Player

I am seriously angry.

As Thommo has said the cuts made may have cost us a premiership (and I think in terms of 2005 that is probably true).

I want Spert and TTT to come out and tell me why cutting costs is given priority to performance during the good times (when cutting costs is not necessary for survival ... from 2004 onwards when we start getting serious TV coverage).

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I had a flat tyre the other day driving down South Rd. Moorabbin - it was Butters

Perhaps Butterss was also responsible for when Grant Thomas ran out of petrol in Bay St Brighton and was stuck in the middle of the road holding up traffic

One thing Butterss was responsible for which is hard to forgive is appointing this buffoon as coach in the first place

At least he did the right thing and exited out this megalomaniacal maestro and svengali snake oil salesman, but ultimately his association with the unscrupulous little Johnnie man has come back to bite him

At least Butterss actually gave his own money and quite a bit of it to help the St.Kilda football club, a point obviously lost on most

Then you have Grant Thomas who many naively claim, bleeds red, white and black, well excuse me, the last time I checked the only bleeding coming from Thomas was coming off the clubs bottomline

The difference is Butterss puts in his own money, Thomas has been paid over 2.5 million dollars by this club and still he's not happy and is sueing the club and taking it to court for more.

Interesting that $167,000 of this is for holiday pay and annual leave even though the pissant had already signed a statutory declaration stating that he had been paid ALL monies owed.

To think we had this numbnut in charge of our recruiting, no wonder our list ran out of petrol.

Granting Thomas the role as coach has been the rod for Butterss back.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Shaggy
Club Player

Good to see you are back B4 Eva.

So I can now add you to Spert and TTT.

Direct question:

Why do you think it is appropriate that the Board only allows the following in 2006:

The Saints' $214,000 recruiting budget last year was the least of any club - little more than a quarter of the total spent by Collingwood to ensure the Pies snared the best kids from Australia, and even abroad."

And for you specifically:

Why do you blame GT for recruiting when the Board gave him the lowest budget in the AFL? We were not worst in the AFL for our recruitment so we did better then our budget. That is all you can ask of an employee. Don't you agree?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:
stinger wrote:

you've got his number haven't you......???? :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:[
At least Butterss actually gave his own money and quite a bit of it to help the St.Kilda football club, a point obviously lost on most
you seen the cancelled cheques have you.??????....yeah ...rod put in his own money...just like lindsay fox.....

....oh well...i guess they participated in a raffle or two.......but then so did i....and.... ......at least i paid for my social club membership :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:Good to see you are back B4 Eva.

along with joffaboy......the three musketeers......well there really always were four of them...........could never work that out.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
bungiton wrote:
stinger wrote:

Thats correct just more denigration of anybody who doesn't follow the party line.

Frawley
Breen
Cowboy

anybody supporter who actually asks questions of the all singing all dancing all SPENDING FFS and their merry crew.

Keep it up, when the argument dissolves into denigration and vilification of anybody with an alternate view you know the opposition has nothing to counter the claims, no reasoned debate, no rational objective analysis, just vitriol and hatred.

Is this what we have in store for our club?

Is this the promised land offered by Westaway and his ticket?

A divided club, with hate filled board acyloytes supporters shouting down any dissenting voices.

next we will be hearing that we aren't real supporters because we dont slavishly follow the new messiah to the promised land.

Can i still be a member of the Saints even though I dont fall at Westaways feet?

Am I still worthy or will the neo-stormtroopers with thie rigid orthodox totalitarian views disbarr me as not being "patriotic enough" :roll:

Really echo's of Brave New World and 1984 in the current mob mentality climate.

Very worrying for the future of the club.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bob__71
Club Player

JB, I think your new signature seems very similar to RB's attitude. And one of the prime reasons why his support has been diminished...

I want to know what the difference is between the Messiah and the Baby

Lennon
Club Player

Direct question:

Why do you think it is appropriate that the Board only allows the following in 2006:

The Saints' $214,000 recruiting budget last year was the least of any club - little more than a quarter of the total spent by Collingwood to ensure the Pies snared the best kids from Australia, and even abroad."

Why do you blame GT for recruiting when the Board gave him the lowest budget in the AFL? We were not worst in the AFL for our recruitment so we did better then our budget. That is all you can ask of an employee. Don't you agree?
Well?

Waiting.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Keep it up, when the argument dissolves into denigration and vilification of anybody with an alternate view you know the opposition has nothing to counter the claims, no reasoned debate, no rational objective analysis, just vitriol and hatred.
ain't that the truth...and you are the resident expert at that very tactic......a fact pointed out to you by one or two mods...whom you have continued to vilify ever since.....

talk about the pot calling the kettle a black turkey....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Lennon wrote:

Direct question:

Well?

Waiting.
you will be waiting a long time lennon...good to see you back and postiog by the way.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
stinger wrote:
bungiton wrote:
stinger wrote:

Thats correct just more denigration of anybody who doesn't follow the party line.

Frawley
Breen
Cowboy

anybody supporter who actually asks questions of the all singing all dancing all SPENDING FFS and their merry crew.

Is this what we have in store for our club?

Is this the promised land offered by Westaway and his ticket?

A divided club, with hate filled board acyloytes supporters shouting down any dissenting voices.

next we will be hearing that we aren't real supporters because we dont slavishly follow the new messiah to the promised land.

Can i still be a member of the Saints even though I dont fall at Westaways feet?

Am I still worthy or will the neo-stormtroopers with thie rigid orthodox totalitarian views disbarr me as not being "patriotic enough" :roll:

Really echo's of Brave New World and 1984 in the current mob mentality climate.

Very worrying for the future of the club.
it is very devisive and its not just westaway fanboi's doing it either.

its a repetition of the GT/RL split that occurred 12 months ago, and sadly I was party to the villification.

even now GT is blamed for everything wrong at the club.

12 months ago every day there was a new thread on why the sacking of GT was a crime or the sacking of GT was long over due.

i think most folks have moved on from that, and except for a couple who say 'bring GT back" and "GT is the great satan" most have put it behind them.

lets hope in 12 months time except for the small number of westaway has destroyed the club and if only RB were still here, or OMG why did westaway wait so long to challenge RB was the devil incarnate...we are all saints fans together and RB is suitably thanked for his contribution to st kilda as we hoist the premiership cup.

TBH Im still not converted to RL but thats another issue.

i'll be a saints member and SC member regardless of who wins the election.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Shaggy wrote:The mate of Alex Rance (who should be top 10 draft this year) said it all on BF when he stated that the only team not to talk to Rance so far was StKilda. If we are not even talking to top 10 drafts forget the crap about out bottom end picks or rookies.
I'm not entirely surprised. We haven't drafted a player out of WA since 1999. I't disappointing though, because Rance was one of the players I was hoping we'd consider with pick 9.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Looks like my little hook in the water with some Butters bait got some nibbles.. pity most of it is carp. I see Collingwood spent a lot on recruiting, have great training facilities and a loudmouth President, but in the end didn't win a premiership..Brisbane, Adelaide and WCE have fantastic training facilities, top sponsors, lots of members good recruiting- no premiership either this year..I'm afraid it's not that easy.