Jaryn Geary

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Jaryn Geary

Found this thread on Big Footy re Jaryn Geary. Explains why he had a slow start to the season, getting over a broken arm. Should be first rookie promoted.

21st September 2006, 14:52 #2
Thurry
BigFooty Member

Re: Jaryn Geary!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyBlues
Talk about under the radar...Gun from bendigo has been invitd to attend draft camp an wouldnt be suprised if he went mid second round any thoughts. I have seen most of his games so let me no..

Yes i totally agree. prolific ball winner loves to run and carry he is defiently going to be a suprise package for who ever picks him up.. Love to see him put on abit more muscle once his arm right.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

They named him emergency for Round 22, and I know he impressed late in the season.

Really looks like there is something to work with. Hope he is promoted.

Halo Halo
Club Player

His brother goes alright as well - watched him play in the under 18's grand final in Bendigo on w/e..

Jarryn was there watching his bro on!!

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Halo Halo wrote:watching his bro on!!
thats normal i suppose :?

Fwiw, when we first picked up Geary i thought he was just picked for the sake of filling our rookie list but in the second half of the year Jarryn has turned it on and i wouldnt be at all surprised if he is elevated.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Nice report to read.

Let's hope Eddy is added, an All Australian (with Allen) from last years carnival which isn't bad for a super draft.

Between those three we may have some surprise debuts and a much needed injection of enthusiasm and a new look to the line up. Plus whoever we pick up in the coming weeks.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:Nice report to read.

Let's hope Eddy is added, an All Australian (with Allen) from last years carnival which isn't bad for a super draft.

Between those three we may have some surprise debuts and a much needed injection of enthusiasm and a new look to the line up. Plus whoever we pick up in the coming weeks.

yep....good post........you obviously know your footballers.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
firthy
Club Player

Just to mention the Geary family 8 of them - Eaglehawk Netball, footy and cricket . Under 18s won flag and seniors belted gisborne by 2 points -- Go the Mighty Borough

Please let me live long enough to see it happen.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

From the same thread on Big Footy
"broke both bones in arm 3rd last game had plates rods inserted in arm was going to miss 12months of footy but managed to get back and start training i think a week b4 draft camp but wasnt able to do contact till late dec early jan maybe thats the reason not sure?
has done well for casey has some good brothers who the youngest could get pick up played tac this year was 16, won the u/18 club BOG in grand final sorta of the same player as his older brother, '

iceman
Club Player

Awesome natural ability, in his first practice game for Casey reserves, he kicked 7 in the last half to bring the scorps from 10 goals down and win by 1. Showed slight rustyness and consitency lacked, but definately showed what he could be once fully fit and confident, Later in the year went on to pick up 35 odd touches off the HBF in the Casey seniors!

SaintWodonga
Club Player

shows the benefit of using rookies. We missed out using rookies for a number of years. Glad that we are now embrasing the rookie system.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
wildgoose
Club Player

Great news, and well done to the club to pick him up as a rookie. Hopefully he and Armitage both start for us, and replace Blake and Birss, who lets face it, would not be in a premiership side.

And hack pup is out again, bowled without troubling the scorers.