Cousins misses flight to rehab

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Mik
Club Player

Cousins misses flight to rehab

This was the headline on the 10 news then they go to the story and he missed the coecting flight at sydney.

Love the way the media is milking this bloke for all the can :roll:

Benny in sydney for the night mmmm interesting surley no headlines to come.

Did say he was looking forward to coming back to reserect his career and hoplefully get a kick next year.

SUPRISE Frank Costa is the first one to say that he deserves a seconed chance LET THE GAMES BEGIN :lol:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I hope Cousins comes back and blitzes the comp. And I hope it's in St Kilda colours.

Imagine the response...

Would be like when Maradona went to Napoli; they sold 70,000 season tickets and he led them to two Scudettos.

Don't worry about what he did afterwards, on the field is where it matters.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Yep its starting to look anf feel that way, its quite a strange thing when you see him with his shirt off and in the hands of the cops you think this bloke is a d!ckhead what was he thinking but then you see him in an interveiw which he doesnt do that often and you think geez he looks good and he presents himself so well and when he talks about playing footy again your heart goes F*** he is going to be back and having a go at it.

Just proves to me that footy is the only thing that matters and ALOT of influential people in the AFL think this way so in my mind there is no way the AFL will stand in the way of another club picking him up because its going to put headlines in the paper around the country (which the AFL want) and its also going to put bums on seats (which the AFL want).

This argument has been fought out on here pretty hard but the new one i suppose is its not IF he will be picked up but wether we want to play with him or have him tear us a new one again like he has in the past

MMMMM could his good mate Gardi just come into it going to split opinions here but thats the way it goes i dont think i want him at our club because of the risk but now after seeing him in the interview and how keen he is to get his career back i dinot want say F*** to think we could of had him

Going to be very interesting to see which way we as a club go about it and i wonder what RL thinks of the whole thing, you can bet your bottom dollar that we and thats me included will soon change our minds if RL comes out and does a Frank Costa and say he needs a seconed chance and we want to give it to him

Would like to hear Burkey today on SEN to see if he has anything to say about it

claystreet
Club Player

If he nominates for the draft read allowed to play AFL again
i bet Richmond pick him up

:wink:

Saint Mik
Club Player

What about if he does a AKKA and says its the Saints i want so dont come and see me, i want to go there and nowhere else, not saying he will but anything can happen at this stage and i think that the chance for him to play in a premiership side with is ex team mate and good freind with a club that has only won one flag would suit his personality and prove that HE may just be able to turn things around and prove to others like WC that they made the biggest mistake in letting him go, like i said let the games begin now that Franky Costa which is very well respected in the AFL has come out in support of him getting a second chance :wink:

I'm smiling for some stupid reason as i type this :? :shock: :wink: :lol:

saintm
Club Player

Article from today's Herald Sun.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 88,00.html

Two interesting quotes taken from the article:

quote 1 : "Collingwood has not dismissed the notion of claiming him in next year's national draft.

Hawthorn, Essendon and St Kilda told the Herald Sun they would not take Cousins on their lists if he was eligible.

Others would not comment. "

quote 2 : "The Geelong president suggested Sydney as a possible club for Cousins to resume his playing career.

"They were able to take boys from other clubs who for whatever reason those clubs weren't happy with them," Costa said.

"They took them up to Sydney, and with a strong leadership program they've got there through their players, they were able to turn those boys into really good team players." "

Saint Mik
Club Player

Thanks for that saintm thats where ch10 got there story from for sure the only thing is the way they reported it they linked him to geelong through Costa's comments :roll:

Like to know when we told the Herald Sun we were not interested in him because that could of been just after his arrest or anytime between now and then according to what they are saying, like Nixon says alot of reports saying clubs dont want him but thats not what he is getting from clubs

But i would like to hear from the club itself saying we wont take him rather than rely on what the papers are saying the club has told them.

Thanks for the link anyway

saintm
Club Player

Think training for some at the Club starts on Monday so perhaps this is when we will get some clarification on Ben - seemed to be a fair bit of media coverage from Carlton's first training run earlier in the week.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Yeah you are right, that will be when we get some answers as to wether we are truly interested or not.

RL can play his cards that close to his chest though on seconed thoughts that we still might not get that much info anyway

I wonder what the players think about it also?

Its going to be interesting :wink:

BIG RISK still IMO.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

saintm wrote:Hawthorn, Essendon and St Kilda told the Herald Sun they would not take Cousins on their lists if he was eligible.
Just like we weren't interested in Gardiner? :roll:

Ross is a snake at trade week, and he'll be in for him at the PSD if he's available.

PS: Not that it means anything, but how clean has Cousins been with the media this past week? Impeccable. I can't explain it, but I'm throughly enjoying how things have unfolded once it was revealed what he really had. Get yourself healthy mate and stick it up 'em :D

See you in December.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Yep a snake he is when it comes to getting players that he wants :)

Can someone please make sure Dan is going to be ok because if RL says we want him it could just tip him over the edge and he might think of geting on the Pies bandwagon :lol:

Nothing could ever be that bad really 8-)

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:Yep a snake he is when it comes to getting players that he wants :)

Can someone please make sure Dan is going to be ok because if RL says we want him it could just tip him over the edge and he might think of geting on the Pies bandwagon :lol:

Nothing could ever be that bad really 8-)
as if I would ever barrack for another club. :roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintm
Club Player

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 23,00.html Cousins - I want to play again

Found this one on the Peanut's West of Moorabbin (thanks Peanut) with a slightly different take on things - who knows what to believe???

Saint Mik
Club Player

No Dan you woudnt just 21 Saints and a drug cheat then :wink:

Can see you yelling out YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A DRUG CHEAT as he is slotting one through for us in that last day in September. :shock:

Just having a bit of fun Dan i think its been very funny some of your work :lol:

aussiejones
Club Player

AFL to charge Cuz with bringing the game into disrepute ..

AFL determined to keep him out

Time will tell

Saint Mik
Club Player

They wont have the balls when it gets down to it i reckon

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Good point re Lyon is a snake during trade week/draft etc.......may well be true, and is a good contrast to GT who virtually always stuck to his word to the media.

Nothing wrong IMO leading the media with some well place porky pies at times!

Re the official spin that we don't want Cuz, aren't we entitled to change our mind if circumstances change???

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:No Dan you woudnt just 21 Saints and a drug cheat then :wink:

Can see you yelling out YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A DRUG CHEAT as he is slotting one through for us in that last day in September. :shock:

Just having a bit of fun Dan i think its been very funny some of your work :lol:
no worries.

but if he did play for st kilda and win a premiership with us, good on st kilda, but I will still consider him a cheat.

that said I buy my membership and SC membership regardless.

IMO if I can survive timmid, and monkey and tony francis purporting to be st kilda players, and rix and clarke doing their best impersonations of goal posts in the middle of the ground, i can survive cousins.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Saint Mik
Club Player

No doubt you will Dan but dont yell out hes a drug cheat on grand final day you may not survive :lol: :wink:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:No doubt you will Dan but dont yell out hes a drug cheat on grand final day you may not survive :lol: :wink:
unless of course its us v someone else and he's playing for someone else...

then all guns!

SHUT UP KRIME!
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:Yep its starting to look anf feel that way, its quite a strange thing when you see him with his shirt off and in the hands of the cops you think this bloke is a d!ckhead what was he thinking but then you see him in an interveiw which he doesnt do that often and you think geez he looks good and he presents himself so well and when he talks about playing footy again your heart goes F*** he is going to be back and having a go at it.
Thats all well and good, but just because he is an elloquent speaker dosen't mean he automatically should be allowed back in the AFL.

He IS still facing police charges after all.

Saint Mik
Club Player

In your perfect world yes you would love that

Heres one for ya would you rather him with us or against us IF we were on that last day in SEP 08?

I would rather him with us i think only for the sake of our chances with him rather than without him mmmm i think my mind may be changing already on this one :shock:

LETS GET HIM :lol:

I am leaving it up to the club and will support them in there decisions

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:In your perfect world yes you would love that

Heres one for ya would you rather him with us or against us IF we were on that last day in SEP 08?

I would rather him with us i think only for the sake of our chances with him rather than without him mmmm i think my mind may be changing already on this one :shock:

LETS GET HIM :lol:

I am leaving it up to the club and will support them in there decisions
I'd rather he was banned from AFL

secondly I would rather his filth was not at st kilda

if he was at st kilda I will STFU while at st kilda and bag him on his departure, a la tony francis, and damien schithorse.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Saint Mik
Club Player

Dont dance around it :lol:

On GF day IF it happened are we with or without Benny (the drug cheat) :P what would you prefer?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:Dont dance around it :lol:

On GF day IF it happened are we with or without Benny (the drug cheat) :P what would you prefer?
definately I would rather win without benny.

or bennies...if you get my drift.

SHUT UP KRIME!