Cousins is now a crack junkie in downtown LA? Version 2

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

benoc
Club Player

Cousins is now a crack junkie in downtown LA? Version 2

Second attempt given the previous failure for some reason.

I am not sure who I hate more: Cousins for being an addict retard wasting good football talent or the media for wasting news space and my brain cells.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22682277-2,00.html

Cousins missing on streets of LA

By Robert Lusetich and Greg Denham

November 01, 2007 12:00am
Article from: The Australian

* Source says Cousins failed to check in to Malibu rehab
* LA "not a good place to do what he may be doing"
* Rehab centre won't confirm, deny rumours

COUNSELLORS at an exclusive drug treatment facility in Malibu are scouring Los Angeles in search of Ben Cousins.

Sources close to the Summit Centre in Malibu told The Australian yesterday the 29-year-old failed to check in, as scheduled, on Monday.

They say they are worried for his safety.

"No one has any idea where he is," said a person with knowledge of the situation.

"He's got everyone freaking out because LA's not a good place to be out doing what he may be doing.

"I just hope nothing bad happens to him."

The fallen West Coast Eagle, who is battling addiction to cocaine as well as methamphetamines - one of the toughest drugs to kick, according to experts - arrived in Los Angeles on Saturday morning and was picked up at the airport by two mystery blonde women in a Mercedes-Benz sports car.

Friends Cousins made from his last stay at the $3300-a-day Summit Centre, who are recovering drug addicts, have left messages on his phone offering to pick him up and pleading for him to check in to the facility.

But they say he has not been answering his phone or returning their calls.

'We don't confirm or deny'

An employee at the Summit Centre yesterday refused to discuss Cousins.

"We don't confirm or deny that anyone is here or not here," she said.

West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett was stunned to hear of Cousins's disappearance in LA.

"It seems to us he never had any intentions to return (to rehab). We feel betrayed," Nisbett told The Australian.

Case adjourned for rehab stint

Perth Chief Magistrate Steven Heath two weeks ago adjourned a case against Cousins for possession of drugs and for refusing to undertake a driver assessment.

While the possession charge was later dropped, Mr Heath granted Cousins a 90-day adjournment so he could return to the US for another stint of drug rehabilitation.

Mr Heath ordered the footballer to reappear on January 21.

Cousins's bail, believed to be $1000 personal bail with the same surety, was extended until that date.

Outside the court, Cousins' lawyer Shane Brennan spoke on his client's behalf.

"The matter has been remanded for 90 days with a view to Mr Cousins continuing the course of action he adopted early in the winter," he said.

Cousins spent a month at the Mediterranean-style treatment centre, nestled in the Santa Monica mountains with views of the Pacific Ocean, in April.

Patients are not usually allowed to leave the grounds until well into their rehabilitation, but are pampered while there.

The 2005 Brownlow Medallist and six-time All Australian has said he wants to continue playing football, but that dream would surely be in tatters if he fails to complete drug rehabilitation.

Cousins footing $90,000 rehab bill

He was due to spend at least a month at the Summit, although West Coast is not paying the bill, as the club did in April.

Cousins was believed to be footing the bill himself for this stay, an estimated $90,000.

Cousins was sacked by the Eagles for numerous breaches of the club's conduct policy, the final straw coming with the possession and driver assessment charges.

Embarrassingly for the Perth police, it was revealed that the drugs charges were laid because Cousins was found with a banned sedative, diazepam.

However, that drug is only illegal in injectable form.

Cousins's on-field brilliance has long been dimmed by his off-field behaviour; he has had numerous run-ins with the law and has been warned by police about his continued association with known criminals.

Additional reporting: Elizabeth Gosch

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Just stumbled across this pic on the AP photo wires

Last edited by Riewoldting on Thu 01 Nov 2007 5:31am, edited 1 time in total.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:Just stumbled across this pic on the AP photo wires

LOL, is that photoshopped? That's him!

edit: it's obviously photoshopped. If it's not, he has one massive head. :roll: :lol:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I said last week that he's only paying lip service to wanting to return to AFL Football..the lifestyle required to succeed at that has no interest to him right now..thats appearing more obvious by the minute

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:

edit: it's obviously photoshopped. If it's not, he has one massive head. :roll: :lol:
His biceps seem to have shrunk a little bit in the last few weeks :shock:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Gee, I haven't heard much from the "Get Benny To Moorabbin Faction" who reside on this forum this morning....

The silence is overwhelming

Maybe they're also in denial like Ben

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Ben Cousins will not live to see 40. Sad waste.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:Gee, I haven't heard much from the "Get Benny To Moorabbin Faction" who reside on this forum this morning....

What? He's in Egypt now? First LA, then NY, now Egypt. He's flying....

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:

It's either Benny or another Ebert.

I wonder who his lawyer will sue now because obviously none of this is Benny's fault.

Maybe the Magistrate for not putting strict conditions on his bail and allowing him to travel?

What about Qantas, their ground crew should never have allowed Ben to wander the airport alone and be picked up by strays?

Who were those strays? If the lawyer can get their names he can sue them for kidnap and not taking him for treatment.

Poor Ben, how unlucky is this bloke, always wrong place, wrong time, thank god there are so many people willing to make excuses for him and defend him.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

SENsaintsational wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:Gee, I haven't heard much from the "Get Benny To Moorabbin Faction" who reside on this forum this morning....

What? He's in Egypt now? First LA, then NY, now Egypt. He's flying....
An oldie but a goodie.....

:D

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

who cares if he's on drugs, steroids, beating up on children and rustling villages, raping cattle and burning women, he'll deliver a premiership right :roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Remind me again why its a good idea to pick up this waste of skin and organs? :roll:

Saint Mik
Club Player

MMM Whats Benny up to now.

RUMOURS that he has not checked in for my first point

Has NOT been confirmed or denied from the rehab centre second point

WHO is paying the bill and could possibly of changed the dates of a check in day IF he is not there already? third point

Who's schedule is he not running to IF he is not already checked in at rehab WC's schedule hang on he is not commited to them anymore so why would he worry about that?fourth piont

LA not a good place to be doing WHAT?lets all speculate shall we fith point

Would he really give a shite what others think of him and what he is doing after the way he has been shafted over the last few weeks and why would he be botherd to answer his phone to confirm to anyone in the media where he is IF he has made other plans.

Just to easy to jump on the gravy train of the media and slam him for a good headline and say plenty of things once again about him without any FACTS.

If he does not go to rehab while he is over there and returns to reserect his career without doing the right things then yes I'll be the first to say well thats it but when HE is the one footing $90,000 for the services i dont think for one minute he is going to just throw that away along with his career even if it doesnt suit the WC or the local papers.

Just going on the FACTS for all those out there that think that some of us are being silent on the issue and just as quick as some of you make up a story about him on pure speculation (like the media has done) i will also make up some bullshite story in return to defend him UNTIL it is proven any different.

I hope he does get back and plays some good footy and turns his life around and i will keep this thought in mind UNTIL it happens but i would rather do that than talk absolute shite about the situation without the FACTS.

SPECULATE all you want but it can work both ways :roll:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

wasn't his court case adjourned on the provisio he attend rehab?

SHUT UP KRIME!
Saint Mik
Club Player

Can you confirm that he is not there Dan :roll:

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

i somehow get the impression we are not going to be taking ben cousins in the psd...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:M
Would he really give a shite what others think of him and what he is doing after the way he has been shafted over the last few weeks

shafted ???..by whom pray tell......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

do you think he gives a s*** about anyone except for him?

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

can you guarantee he has attended the rehab centre?

i am not giving that drug cheat cousins the benifit of the doubt.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Saint Mik
Club Player

HELLO Dan are you there you seem to have plenty to say about the situation UNTIL you need to actually spit out the FACTS and its reallt starting to become boring when the ones in here that hope he turns his life around get branded as being silent :roll:

Shafted by the media for one the cops for another and three the club he played for and before you carry on about the blood test why did they not confirm with his legal people first before they gave him the arse.

Get all the impressions you want what will happen in the PSD because thats just another word to add to the others :roll:

Once again NOBODY really knows whats going on so why do we all think we do :roll:

Saint Mik
Club Player

Sorry Dan you beat me to it :wink:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:Can you confirm that he is not there Dan :roll:
Can you confirm he IS there then?..Maybe he was in the loo when they did roll call and they just missed him????? :roll:

St Mik..your post has more holes than Swiss cheese..I dont have time to tear it apart now...suffice to say that I wish in Year 12 we had stuff like this to rip into in exams

DOnt you think it would be nice if he gave say...his Dad or loved ones a call??? Or is it OK in your mind for him to behave like a self-centred egotistical prat?? Poor lil hard done by Benny...

Shafted?? Pfffft please...Im gonna vomit :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:HELLO Dan are you there you seem to have plenty to say about the situation UNTIL you need to actually spit out the FACTS and its reallt starting to become boring when the ones in here that hope he turns his life around get branded as being silent :roll:

Shafted by the media for one the cops for another and three the club he played for and before you carry on about the blood test why did they not confirm with his legal people first before they gave him the arse.

Get all the impressions you want what will happen in the PSD because thats just another word to add to the others :roll:

Once again NOBODY really knows whats going on so why do we all think we do :roll:
if you refuse a blood test...or a breath test...you are in strife...end of story....any lawyer who advised him not to submit ,did it for reasons other than to avoid a court conviction.....get real....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saint Mik
Club Player

Please tell me where it says his family and loved ones dont know where he is because all i can see is shyte written that could be ANYONE

yipper
SS Life Member

Saint Mik wrote:Please tell me where it says his family and loved ones dont know where he is because all i can see is shyte written that could be ANYONE
Been widely reported that family are concerned about his welfare as they have not heard from him at all. Apparently no-one has heard from him!! Has not answered his phone to ppl from the Rehab clinic and apparently family. Are the reports correct??
Last edited by yipper on Thu 01 Nov 2007 11:18am, edited 1 time in total.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.