Cousins is now a crack junkie in downtown LA? Version 2

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Mik
Club Player

Your right TTSF :wink:

That was to Ghosty telling me its beyond doubt now just pionting out the obvious that Chick might ,mabey, who knows really be there when they say SUPPOSEDLY :roll:

I really have to get better with the computer to much typing when you dont know how to quote :oops:

YES ive treid in the general forum and still farked it up :oops:

One day :lol:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Barney2
Club Player

reports are that Ben phoned his father whilst there. Rest I don't know.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Whoever posted that Cousins is elsewhere until he gets through the "Cold Turkey" phase before checking i to the Summit appears to be on the money, according to the statement read out by his Dad to the media.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Yes Dan they will consider it until they realise that he hasnt and they cant.

Well mabey they can you might just have me there but it was worth a shot :wink:

They consider alot of things that never happen so we will wait and see and then see the reaction from the Cousins camp wont this be exciting lets see if they can nail the bastard hey :roll:

Do you look anything like DR. Evil by any chance :lol:

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Barney2 wrote:reports are that Ben phoned his father whilst there. Rest I don't know.
groundbreaking info.cheers.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:
Do you look anything like DR. Evil by any chance :lol:
oh ,give it a rest..... .you benny's mother or something.....?

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Barney2 wrote:reports are that Ben phoned his father whilst there. Rest I don't know.
Ben: "Dad, can you wire me US$5000 ASAP?"
Bryan: "$5000? What the hell do you need that kind of money for, Ben?"
Ben: "Umm ... ahhh ... my mother needs an operation ...?"
Bryan: "Oh f*** off, you selfish little s***."

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Found on BigFooty - http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthrea ... ost9383524
Crankitup wrote:

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/cousin ... -17el.html

Cousins is in rehab in LA, says Dad

Ben Cousins' father has accused the media of fabricating stories about his son being missing in the United States, saying the fallen West Coast AFL star is receiving treatment in Los Angeles.

Reports suggested Cousins had failed to turn up for rehabilitation treatment in Malibu and was missing.

"As a parent, I am disappointed that it is necessary for me to make a statement today about Ben's welfare due to the ongoing fabricated stories and blatant untruths that have appeared in the media today," his father, Bryan Cousins, told reporters in Perth.

"The facts are these: Ben is not missing and has not been missing at any time whilst in the US.

"I and my family have spoken to him regularly.

"And I spoke to him myself late last night.

"I have always known exactly where he is.

"He is currently receiving treatment in Los Angeles at an appropriate facility, and he will be attending The Summit Medical Centre in the next few days," Mr Cousins said.

Reading a statement in a park in the southern Perth suburb of Booragoon, Cousins' father choked back tears and was clearly emotional as he explained his son's situation.

"He will be there for a period of time that will be determined by the Summit medical staff," he said.

"He has not missed any pre-arranged appointment with Summit.

"The plan of treatment that Ben is currently undergoing was arranged some months ago, and was confirmed prior to Ben leaving Australia.

"These arrangements were made with the full consultation of the Summit medical staff, our own medical advisers and Ben.

"Finally, I would like to add that I have learned that rehabilitation is a complex and arduous process that requires continual review and is best dealt with in private.

"The ill-informed comments and the harassment by the media and others will not assist his rehabilitation."

Mr Cousins refused to take any questions from the media.

Cousins was sacked by the West Coast Eagles after a string of off-field incidents, some of them drug-related.

The final straw came when his car was pulled over by police in central Perth last month and Cousins refused to submit to a driver assessment.

What later turned out to be prescription drugs were found in the vehicle.

A drug possession charge against the player was dropped and a Perth magistrate two weeks ago adjourned the case so that Cousins could return to the US for another stint of drug rehabilitation.
Breaking news - something else has gone missing.

The media's credibility.
So, do you still believe there's people scampering all over LA looking for him...?

:D

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:So, do you still believe there's people scampering all over LA looking for him...?

Who are you addressing?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:
evertonfc wrote:So, do you still believe there's people scampering all over LA looking for him...?

Who are you addressing?
G'day Riewoldting,

I was addressing those who believed there were people scampering all over LA looking for him.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:
Riewoldting wrote:

Who are you addressing?
G'day Riewoldting,

I was addressing those who believed there were people scampering all over LA looking for him.
"Pretentious ..? Moi ..?"

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Keep up the good work there fella.
Last edited by evertonfc on Thu 01 Nov 2007 6:21pm, edited 3 times in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Riewoldting wrote:

Who are you addressing?
G'day Riewoldting,

i saw an article from brad hardy early this morning saying that he had heard from benny and that he just needed some time out.....was always a media beat-up...that's what you guys do........

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
Riewoldting wrote:

Who are you addressing?
G'day Riewoldting,

i saw an article from brad hardy early this morning saying that he had heard from benny and that he just needed some time out.....was always a media beat-up...that's what you guys do........
I'm with you stinger - the evil media blew this one up and the public took the bait hook, line and sinker.

jill
Club Player

Did any of you watch "Catalyst" tonight on the ABC? Looked at "ice" - can even rub it on, easy to take. Think Ben's 2nd half against us was awesome!!
However still hope he acknowledges the problem he has & gets the help he needs. For his own sake needs to stand out of footy for a year & get his life/health back.
But on same note does anyone ever spare a thought for AFL'S 1st drug "cheat" who used to try & get a quick recovery from injury? His suspension looks ultra harsh in the light of Ben's ongoing saga.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Justin Charles?

jill
Club Player

Yes.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Jill,

Charles was busted for performance enhancing and is a completley different situation Ben has never been busted at all for anything.

Bens not going to bad according to his parents and they would know i would think so why would he need 12 months to get back on track he might already be well on the way.

Are you another one that thinks Ben took drugs at half time then :roll:

He is in rehab isnt he so i think he has acknowledged his problem.
Last edited by Saint Mik on Fri 02 Nov 2007 10:51am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

jill wrote:Yes.
But today if Charles was found to be using the same performance enhancing steroids he had been, he would be banned for 2 years and not the 16 weeks he got.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:Jill,

Charles was busted for performance inhancing and is a completley different situation Ben has never been busted at all for anything.

Bens not going to bad according to his parents and they would know i would think so why would he need 12 months to get back on track he might already be well on the way.

Are you another one that thinks Ben took drugs at half time then :roll:

He is in rehab isnt he so i think he has acknowledged his problem.
you only believe he didnt' take drugs during season 07, there is no testing to prove either way.

his symptoms and behavour are in accordance with someone who was suffering withdrawal symptoms at half time.

believe or not there is circumstantial evidence to suggest he was.

and I choose not to give him the benifit of doubt.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Saint Mik
Club Player

No there isnt :shock:

Evidence my arse or should that be your arse because thats where you are getting your information from :roll:

I will give him the benifit of the doubt :wink:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:No there isnt :shock:

Evidence my arse or should that be your arse because thats where you are getting your information from :roll:

I will give him the benifit of the doubt :wink:
he was throwing up, and had the shakes unless he was belted by a saints player which I missed, those are quite often symptoms of ice withdrawal which is a drug that he has been linked with...

unless he's in rehab for a drug addiction he doesn't have :roll:

SHUT UP KRIME!
jill
Club Player

After watching Catalyst on ABC ice ,if taken in moderation can definitely be performance-enhancing. Iit's NOT just a "recreational" drug. Show also illustrated how easy it would be to "use" without others being aware. :cry:
I just wish press would leave Ben alone and let him concentrate on recovery. However also feel he should stand out for a year and get his life and health back on track.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Shite Dan theres a few on drugs then espeically our boys going on that so called evidence.

Seen some pretty big spews in my time at the footy :roll:

FINISHING WHAT HE STARTED and ive said to you how many times and I have never said he didnt have a drug problem but the word I use is HAD no proof otherwise other than him addmitting to it how long ago.

Why do we always go over the same things have you got a short memory or something, sorry you cant have because you remember every time Ben was done for doing drugs dont you, shite sorry again he never has been has he Dan.

Perhaps we can test him at half time in the 08 season then, but we will wait until RL has finished his instructions shall we :wink:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

no you see his refusal to submit to tests, his running away from a testing station, he continual association with the underworld figures, his on field and off field antics as mere misunderstandings.

I see the same events as a continued attempt to avoid detection while carrying on a lifestyle of cheating.

as for detection, marion jones wasn't detected by the 2000 olympics in 20 odd tests over the competition period. and yet she was subsequently exposed as a drug cheat.

the AFL testing policy (on average less than 1 player a year in 07, and half those testing numbers in 06 and 05) is a complete joke and only a moron would be caught once, let alone twice.

and as you confirm he is in LA for rehab for an addiction.

if he is has an addiction, how often would the drugs be OUT of his system? wouldn't he show the symptoms of his addiction when the drugs are out of his system?

if he has been clean in 07 as you suggest, why is in for rehab now?

SHUT UP KRIME!