City of Casey offered more for the Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SAINTLY73
Club Player

City of Casey offered more for the Saints

The Frankston move surprised me and quite a few other supporters when it was anoounced. Thought I had the inside word on the Saints moving to Casey.
The word is they offered more than Frankston and are now spitting chops about it. as they thought it was in the bag. Questions have to be asked why they didn't take the Casey offer. The word is that it was the players who didn't want to go.

It seems the new Footy First crew hadn't even tried to sort out their differences and look and redeveloping Moorabbin. Wasn't even in the equation.
Check out the Westaway interview and in the sitcky section. A bit disconcerting.

At a bbq on the weekend (election evening- very messy) caught up with a town planner mate who does a lot of work with poker machine venues and VCAT. Seems the Saints poker machines will have to go when the club goes to Frankston. Either the directors haven't done their homework or their moving them not staying as announced.

Why don't they come clean?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Why would they have to go?

There is absolutely no reason the saints would lose their current pokie machines.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

dont we still have a 40 year lease on Linton St...??... If so, I say we just let it rot out there to stick it up the council...twats..

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I would have thought that the pokies are 'licensed' to the venue - the StKilda Social CLub and as long as it remains in its present location the Social CLub is entitled to keep them?

The problem would arise if they tried to move the facility (like the proposal to move the venue down Linton Street to South Road) which would then require Council approval.

SAINTLY73
Club Player

It's a legal matter. Not emotional. Once the club goes the machines have to leave as well as the lease has been broken. The licence is connected to the primary premises.

As previously stated. The club left the deal with the South Road site not the council. The club enjoys the fact that members don't question their judgement and what they say.

Same with the goverment funding of 3.45m. The funding wasn't confirmed with government and there's a chance they will lose some to removing some of the granstands at Moorabbin.(Check the Vic gov website for funding agreement).

SAINTLY73
Club Player

I believe its connected to the admin and football function aspect. Not the Social club aspect.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

How are they 'breaking' their lease? I have heard Archie say publicly that the Social CLub will remain there until the lease runs out in 34 years time.

As long as they continue to pay the rent and fulfill any other legal obligations under the lease then I don't understand what the issue is?

The pokies 'license' would have been granted to the Social CLub, which is a totally different legal entity to the Football Club, and I'm sure that notwithstanding the Council's desire to reduce the total number of pokies within the City area, they would have absolutely no say on whether we can keep them or not - if we remain in the current Social Club premises.

IIRC the problem with the Moorabbin redevelopment arose because the Club wanted to move the Social Club down to South Road which necessitated an application to the Gaming Commission, which the Council refused to fully endorse?

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

SAINTLY73 wrote:It's a legal matter. Not emotional. Once the club goes the machines have to leave as well as the lease has been broken. The licence is connected to the primary premises.

As previously stated. The club left the deal with the South Road site not the council. The club enjoys the fact that members don't question their judgement and what they say.

Same with the goverment funding of 3.45m. The funding wasn't confirmed with government and there's a chance they will lose some to removing some of the granstands at Moorabbin.(Check the Vic gov website for funding agreement).
why do we need to remove the grandstands at moorabbin?

if the council wants them gone tell them to do it themselves

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:Why would they have to go?

There is absolutely no reason the saints would lose their current pokie machines.
NO but they are going to have to budget for a sizeable drop in revenue once you take away training, Family Day and Intra-Club away from the venue

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SAINTLY73
Club Player

And you believe Archie?
I'd believe Mick Malthouse before I believe him. Give it time and you will see what I mean.

The grandstands are the clubs property. Hence the writedowns a few years ago. The buildings belong to the club and the state government was going to take them down. I believe they have been condemned and need to come down anyway. The lease will cease once the club's taken the football department and admin away. FACT.

It probably a good idea for people to do some research (Not just what the saints say) re: the failed buying of the land on South Road and you'll start seeing all the sh*t you've been fed.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: City of Casey offered more for the Saints

SAINTLY73 wrote:The Frankston move surprised me and quite a few other supporters when it was anoounced. Thought I had the inside word on the Saints moving to Casey.
The word is they offered more than Frankston and are now spitting chops about it. as they thought it was in the bag. Questions have to be asked why they didn't take the Casey offer. The word is that it was the players who didn't want to go.

It seems the new Footy First crew hadn't even tried to sort out their differences and look and redeveloping Moorabbin. Wasn't even in the equation.
Check out the Westaway interview and in the sitcky section. A bit disconcerting.

At a bbq on the weekend (election evening- very messy) caught up with a town planner mate who does a lot of work with poker machine venues and VCAT. Seems the Saints poker machines will have to go when the club goes to Frankston. Either the directors haven't done their homework or their moving them not staying as announced.

Why don't they come clean?

what's your interest.......?????see you signed on here about the time archie said we were leaving.....curious to know....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:How are they 'breaking' their lease? I have heard Archie say publicly that the Social CLub will remain there until the lease runs out in 34 years time.

As long as they continue to pay the rent and fulfill any other legal obligations under the lease then I don't understand what the issue is?

The pokies 'license' would have been granted to the Social CLub, which is a totally different legal entity to the Football Club, and I'm sure that notwithstanding the Council's desire to reduce the total number of pokies within the City area, they would have absolutely no say on whether we can keep them or not - if we remain in the current Social Club premises.

IIRC the problem with the Moorabbin redevelopment arose because the Club wanted to move the Social Club down to South Road which necessitated an application to the Gaming Commission, which the Council refused to fully endorse?

spot on...as usual.... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SAINTLY73 wrote:And you believe Archie?
I'd believe Mick Malthouse before I believe him. Give it time and you will see what I mean.

The grandstands are the clubs property. Hence the writedowns a few years ago. The buildings belong to the club and the state government was going to take them down. I believe they have been condemned and need to come down anyway. The lease will cease once the club's taken the football department and admin away. FACT.

It probably a good idea for people to do some research (Not just what the saints say) re: the failed buying of the land on South Road and you'll start seeing all the sh*t you've been fed.
Well I haven't seen the lease so its purely conjecture on my part but given that they are publicly claiming that the Social CLub will continue to operate at its present location in Linton Street and that they continue to pay rent, I don't understand how by moving part of their operations to another venue they would be 'breaking' their lease?

Also when they signed the original lease in 1964 there were no 'pokies' in existence in Victoria so how they would be part of the lease is beyond me?

Maybe the COuncil can lobby the Gsming Commission to remove the 'license' on the basis that the facility is 'run-down'? But surely the Gaming Commssion determines who has/doesn't have a 'license'?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

well here I know you are wrong for a FACT, the saints do not own the grandstands but LEASE them from the council. Kingsington was going to remove them not the state government. I think you need to go back and do some homework as the lease will stand, do you really think the saints would come out and move and lose 1 million plus income per year? and then say they have a 34 year lease? That would make no sence whats ever, and no matter what you think of Archie he is not mentally retarted.

SAINTLY73
Club Player

Hey Dolphin Man Child, check your diary.Been reading and contributing ocassionally to this forum for about 4 years.

My interest is I sick of reading bullsh*t. A degree of scepticism is healthy. The info I come up with is usually spot on and only got it wrong on the move to Frankston when the club shafted Casey for the sake of the players.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

SAINTLY73 wrote:Hey Dolphin Man Child, check your diary.Been reading and contributing ocassionally to this forum for about 4 years.

My interest is I sick of reading bullsh*t. A degree of scepticism is healthy. The info I come up with is usually spot on and only got it wrong on the move to Frankston when the club shafted Casey for the sake of the players.

Umm do they owe casey money?

Did they give a guareentee to Casey?

If not how did they shaft Casey?

And whats wrong with taking players into consideration?

SAINTLY73
Club Player

AF is a boofhead. He should think 3 times and speak once.

Know enough about the lease and know I'm right. (I've actually physically it).

SAINTLY73
Club Player

Casey spent a heap of money and time making it happen .Saints hadn't spent any except for the stratcorp guys.Did everything asked of them and then more. They offered more than Frankston. I think they are justified in feeling jilted.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

SAINTLY73 wrote:Casey spent a heap of money and time making it happen .Saints hadn't spent any except for the stratcorp guys.Did everything asked of them and then more. They offered more than Frankston. I think they are justified in feeling jilted.

Did the saints ask for them to spend the money? Did they make a guareentee if not they would've known the risks and took chance that didn't pay off?

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

SAINTLY73 wrote: Know enough about the lease and know I'm right. (I've actually physically it).

"i've actually physically it". hmm want a dictionary my friend?

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SAINTLY73 wrote:Hey Dolphin Man Child, check your diary.Been reading and contributing ocassionally to this forum for about 4 years.

it's a shark nn.....not that you are all that bright..but you should know the difference...

...dolpin...ffs.... :roll: :roll:

....you signed on earlier this year..

.not one of the flower wits from kingston cxouncil by any chance...the ones planting weeds in the car park.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
SAINTLY73 wrote: Know enough about the lease and know I'm right. (I've actually physically it).

"i've actually physically it". hmm want a dictionary my friend?
nah...think he needs a few more brain cells....

SAINTLY73
Club Player

It's a dolphin.

SAINTLY73
Club Player

I think you've asked the same repetitive questions before about who I might be. Look back my posts, dolphin boy.

It's definitely a dolphin.

Snakeman66
Club Player

How are you privy to the conditions of the lease Greg errrr... I mean Saintly?

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.