Casey Scorps.Do they have problems?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jezza
Club Player

Casey Scorps.Do they have problems?

Hey i was down at the pub today and i ran into a bloke who said thet a few of the players who have left and their fitness coach have not been paid yet.Not that i care but is that a concern for our relationship moving fwd.

RBnW
Club Player

Re: Casey Scorps.Do they have problems?

jezza wrote:Hey i was down at the pub today and i ran into a bloke who said thet a few of the players who have left and their fitness coach have not been paid yet.Not that i care but is that a concern for our relationship moving fwd.
the only problem will be where will the put the flag, Hutchinson appointed as coach and working at the Saints every day and there at night, with the flow on of the player availability Casey will have a ripper side this year...expect a big year and they have a good draw with a couple of home night games too....

Our best is yet
to come......
GrumpyOne

jezza wrote:Hey i was down at the pub today and i ran into a bloke who said thet a few of the players who have left and their fitness coach have not been paid yet.Not that i care but is that a concern for our relationship moving fwd.
Depends on what sort of relationship you were having with this bloke. :wink:

Seriously though, if your wallet is a couple of ponys lighter and you have a boot full of dodgy gear, that bloke was Crannypete and you can expect Constable Plod on your doorstep tomorrow.

If you have reams of stats of hitouts to advantage, you have been B4E'd. Nothing that a course of antibiotics can't clear up.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I think the Scorps are in trouble. They have lost their coach and the bulk of their best 22.

Harrison and Carmody have held the team together at times and they've both left
James Wall was an outstanding key defender for them
Justin Sweeney has been their leading goalkicker in the past two years
Barry Brooks has been an excellent ruck/forward in the past few seasons
Fergus Watts was a good tall forward when fit
And the likes of Gilbert, Fiora, Raph Clarke etc seem like they will be spending very little, if any time at Casey

The new saints players (who will be playing at Casey) are mostly ruckmen and flankers, which they already have plenty of. Unless they get some great talent from the juniors and other state leagues I don't think the Scorps have any real chance of making the finals. No key defenders and no midfield. They'll be hoping Jarryd Allen and Ben McEvoy steps up this year or they will really struggle for marking power up forward as well.

Hopefully they can get back on their feet soon, but any team that has just lost about 8 of its best players is going to struggle.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think you will find that those kids from Gippsland Power who didn't get drafted have been invited down there over summer. I don't know how many of them have taken up the offer but I would suspect that they would have 60+ training with them at the moment. This would also include some of the better players from the local leagues as well !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:
the only problem will be where will the put the flag, Hutchinson appointed as coach and working at the Saints every day and there at night, with the flow on of the player availability Casey will have a ripper side this year...expect a big year and they have a good draw with a couple of home night games too....
Can please give us names of the players replacing the Scorps stars because I dont know of any.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

The fact is the Scorps team for 2007 clearly wasn't good enough,hence it's evolving,it may may evolve into crap but that's the chance you take....

I watched them about 7 times last season and i wasn't overly impressed,i hope they get it together by the start of the 2008 season,i'm thinking of becoming a member....

:wink:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

My St.Kilda round 1 team would be:

B: S. Fisher Hudghton Dempster
HB: Armitage Maguire Gram
C: Fiora Dal Santo Gilbert
HF: Ball Reiwoldt Schneider
F: Gehrig Koschitzke Milne

Foll: King Hayes Montagna

Int: X Clarke Harvey M. Gardiner Blake

Exclusions:
Baker - Suspended
Goddard - Knee
J. Attard - Knee

My Scorpions round 1 team would be: I know nothing about the Scorps players so I will not list any

B: L. Fisher Gwilt -
HB:Ferguson R. Clarke Geary
C: Howard Birss Steven
HF: Connors C.Gardiner -
F: McEvoy Allen Haretuku

Foll: Rix Eddy Jones

Int: Van Rheenen

There is also 3 more Rookies to be added to this team.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

The addition of Charlie Gardiner will help, although I am a quiet backer of his and believe he will actually "do a Jayden Attard" next year with us and become a regular.

Rix should spend a lot more time at Casey next year (15+ games), and that will stabilise their ruck division (which will be quite reasonable)

And Jones will also spend a fair bit of time at Casey (more than in '07 IMO), and this will boost their experience through the midfield.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:My St.Kilda round 1 team would be:

Exclusions:
Baker - Suspended
Goddard - Knee
J. Attard - Knee

My Scorpions round 1 team would be: I know nothing about the Scorps players so I will not list any

my teams

http://saintsational.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38588

Darryl Strawberry

LTN16 wrote:My St.Kilda round 1 team would be:

Exclusions:
Baker - Suspended
Goddard - Knee
J. Attard - Knee

Can guarantee Haretuku, Steven, Connors and depending on the age and size of the rookies, will all start the season in the 2s regardless of what casey players are there next year. They just wont be upto it physically and it wouldnt be good for confidence and/or development.

Haretuku might need to understand what football is Conners is the size of a 15yr old girl - but not hot! & steven too small.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:

Seriously though, if your wallet is a couple of ponys lighter and you have a boot full of dodgy gear, that bloke was Crannypete and you can expect Constable Plod on your doorstep tomorrow.

If you have reams of stats of hitouts to advantage, you have been B4E'd. Nothing that a course of antibiotics can't clear up.

i think we worked out before that this guys a troll.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
GrumpyOne

stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

i think we worked out before that this guys a troll.....
More likely to be a flogger than a buyer in that case, in every sense of the word. :wink:

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
RBnW wrote:
Can please give us names of the players replacing the Scorps stars because I dont know of any.
can you please name the scorps stars that have left (harro and carmody were showing their age, been fantastic servents but were treading water by the end of the season. makepeace barely played the second half the of 2007 because of injury.)

Basically there is still a decient shell of some second year VFL players, plus it is way to early (before the preseason/rookie draft) to rule out any ex AFL rookies/senior players being picked up by the scorps.

It was always a long term development stage for the club with a lot of young players being played by banfield in the past two years.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Solar wrote:can you please name the scorps stars that have left
Scorps stars hey - that might just qualify as the oxymoron of the year....

Classic comedy stuff from Solar..........

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

given that there are Plenty of former AFL players nominating for the PSD and there are only 8 spots I would assume there are a raft of Players wanting to continue in some form of football in hopes of renominating next year.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Solar
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:

don't give me the credit, I was just replying to a silly comment made by plugger66 (now thats not an oxymoron!) :lol:

agree brat

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Darryl Strawberry

Scorps stars where do I start - Dylan Pfzitner, Phil Raymond Cathal Corr Luke Mullins Howard cant think of his first name

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
RBnW wrote:
can you please name the scorps stars that have left (harro and carmody were showing their age, been fantastic servents but were treading water by the end of the season. makepeace barely played the second half the of 2007 because of injury.)

Basically there is still a decient shell of some second year VFL players, plus it is way to early (before the preseason/rookie draft) to rule out any ex AFL rookies/senior players being picked up by the scorps.

It was always a long term development stage for the club with a lot of young players being played by banfield in the past two years.

They may be showing their age but they are in their best 5 players so they are not easily replaced and by all accounts havent been replaced. Biaggi has also gone from what i hear as well as Makepeace.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:

don't give me the credit, I was just replying to a silly comment made by plugger66 (now thats not an oxymoron!) :lol:

agree brat
He of little knowledge. They are stars in the crap competition called VFL.

iceman
Club Player

Jezza can I ask why you keep brining up the same points about the Scorpions constantly.

Some truths; Right now the Club is lucky to be afloat.
They do not have much money at all.

They are lucky they have massive coucil support in Casey, something that did not occur from the City of Greater Dandenong.

Casey are trying as much as they can to strengthen their relationship with the saints, while still maintain Idenity in their own right.

Harrison and Carmody WERE absoloute champions of the competition, and the club, and very unlucky not to have been given an opportunity at the higher level.

They will be very hard to replace, and it will not happen until some of the youngsters develop.

The reasons for them leaving have been well documented. No they were not struggling towards the end of the season, they were platying terrific football, and a main reason the club was playing finals football.

A tough decision was made in conjunction with the St. Kilda Football club for a full time Coach, The idea was right, the execution and timing was wrong, and Casey now suffer the consequences, yet the majority the core younger players have returned this season meaning the only notable losses have been Harrison, Carmody and Makepiece (who missed the last 4/5 weeks through injury anyway)

Players are aware when they sign on of the payment structure, this can be negotiated to a degree.

I can't look at last years results at the moment as it's down on the footballvic site, however, I ahve a strong feeling that of the 11 or 12 Scorps listed players who played in the first final, 7 or 8 of them remain, this coupled with what WILL be a stringer relationship THIS YEAR anyway will only help the development of both parties.

Desicions have been made for the long term visiona nd future of the club, it may push us back a little bit initially, but it's intended for the better of the club in the long term.

I don't like the way people lash out at the Scorps on a consistent basis, who, if it hadn't have been for some hard working people, may not be around anymore, and the saints would be spending hundreds of thousands on their own reserves.

Darryl Strawberry

Come on I think you need a hug

iceman
Club Player

righto buddy...

GrumpyOne

Awww get a room you two.....

Darryl Strawberry

Sorry was only offering