What would you do if St Kilda moved?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

What would you do?

Still support them
77%
Change to a different team
4%
Not barrack for anyone
19%

Total votes: 52

signed sealed sainter
Club Player

What would you do if St Kilda moved?

If the Saints moved to the Gold Coast, would you still barrack for them? Or would you change to another team? Or not barrack for a team at all?

Personally if the saints moved to Brisbane I'd stop supporting them, infact I'd hate their guts and i'd hope that they lose every game they play. I mean they'd be betraying all of their members.

Signed Sealed Sainter
Fortius Quo Fidelius
Strength Through Loyalty
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

One response, from someone who would still support them.

Why don't you vote in your own poll, SSS?

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: What would you do if St Kilda moved?

signed sealed sainter wrote:If the Saints moved to the Gold Coast, would you still barrack for them? Or would you change to another team? Or not barrack for a team at all?

Personally if the saints moved to Brisbane I'd stop supporting them, infact I'd hate their guts and i'd hope that they lose every game they play. I mean they'd be betraying all of their members.
I agree. If they were going broke and unlikly to survive better to fold and have no one to barrack for rather than watching the on TV for 16 games and seeing 6 or so live. No wonder you have that first part in your signiture. Your as silly as him.

signed sealed sainter
Club Player

What's with the anti-Mark Fine thing around here?

Signed Sealed Sainter
Fortius Quo Fidelius
Strength Through Loyalty
stinger
Saintsational Legend

i would actually shift to the gold coast......got family there already.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

dumb questiom. Aint ever going to happen, so WHY ask it? jeez.

jill
Club Player

:cry: Would still barrack for them BUT - would NO longer be a member, would watch their games that were televised but would NOT go to games.
It would break my heart!

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:dumb questiom. Aint ever going to happen, so WHY ask it? jeez.
It shouldn't happen, but if the AFL manages to force North Melbourne out of Victoria then I think we will see more and more changes over the next 30 years. As far as Melbourne clubs go, the next in line would be Melbourne, Bulldogs and then us.

That said, I'm hoping that the Kangas give the finger to Demetriou and he gets the sack, making way for a CEO who has respect for clubs history and culture.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

mad saint guy wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:dumb questiom. Aint ever going to happen, so WHY ask it? jeez.
It shouldn't happen, but if the AFL manages to force North Melbourne out of Victoria then I think we will see more and more changes over the next 30 years. As far as Melbourne clubs go, the next in line would be Melbourne, Bulldogs and then us.

That said, I'm hoping that the Kangas give the finger to Demetriou and he gets the sack, making way for a CEO who has respect for clubs history and culture.
nup. Yes those other two may be the next ones. But there will be no more than 3 teams move. Unless we do something stupid, or take our eye of the ball, we have3 enough support to be ok.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Signed Sealed Sainter - a question for you.

what if due to unforeseen circumstances you had to move to WA or QLD or NZ ? Would you stop supporting the Saints and start following the Eagles, Lions or a different code ? .. and dont take the option of saying you will never move .. because you just dont know what life is going to throw at you.

So then hypotheically, with you living in WA or QLD or NZ, and the Saints decided to move, what would you do then ? . .stop supporting them ?

Mate.. if its in your blood, you will never stop supporting them, even if they move to the moon.

Take a good look in the mirror and get fair dinkum with yourself

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Winmarvellous
Club Player

they were going broke and unlikly to survive better to fold and have no one to barrack for rather than watching the on TV for 16 games and seeing 6 or so live.
Try living in WA! St Kilda blood flows thick my friend, and when you get cut it either has black and white mixed in, or get out now

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

It would be a great incentive to move to the gold coast or south of brisbane.

RBnW
Club Player

Re: What would you do if St Kilda moved?

signed sealed sainter wrote:If the Saints moved to the Gold Coast, would you still barrack for them? Or would you change to another team? Or not barrack for a team at all?

This is a rediculous question we are never going to move to the Gold Coast or anywhere else, the club has just signed a 50 year lease to move to Frankston.....

Our best is yet
to come......
signed sealed sainter
Club Player

I know it's not gonna happen mate but i'm just making a scenario. Anyway, if i ever move interstate i'll keep barracking for the Saints cause it's the red, white and black as I know it. But if they move interstate, then it's a different story

Signed Sealed Sainter
Fortius Quo Fidelius
Strength Through Loyalty
RBnW
Club Player

signed sealed sainter wrote:I know it's not gonna happen mate but i'm just making a scenario. Anyway, if i ever move interstate i'll keep barracking for the Saints cause it's the red, white and black as I know it. But if they move interstate, then it's a different story
so it ok for you to move but not the club.......that figures, its so kind of you to ask a question that will never happen then tell us an answer that will never happen, does that meen you will never move interstate or will that happen.....So what would happen if you moved interstate and then the club moved there after you got there, that would never happen, but if it did would you barrack for the club...if so then you would barrack for the club if it moved interstate, even though it will never happen.....

Our best is yet
to come......
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I would hate St Kilda to shift interstate, but if they shifted here I would be wrapped as I could see them all the time. :lol: But even if they shift to Mongolia, I would never give them up and I would stay a paid up member as I am now and always have been. 8-)

Qld Saints Supporter Group
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

if it were out of our control, then of course o wpuld still support them..if GW and his FF crew did it for revenue, it would piss me off no end but i would deal with it because of my love for the club.

the fact that it is very very unlikely makes me feel like i wasted my time writing this post.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

If the saints moved I would seek advice from the great Rogerwa on how to support the saints from afar !!

bozza1980
Club Player

I would find it impossible not to barrack for them.

It would be horrible though.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Would throw my full support behind the Storm and take no more than a passing interest in the team that abandoned me and other loyal Melbourne based Saints.

hAyES
Club Player

I'd be majorly pissed, but I don't know if I could support another team.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i would still suport them! stupid question.
whoever would change team should have to spend a week with me! :twisted:

Edited by mods.

lol, which mod did that?
il put $100 on it was N1ck
Last edited by saintdooley on Wed 12 Dec 2007 7:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Saint Bev wrote: But even if they shift to Mongolia, I would never give them up and I would stay a paid up member as I am now and always have been. 8-)
exactly Bev .. if you truely are passionate about the Saints you just cant give them up :)

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Zed wrote:
Saint Bev wrote: But even if they shift to Mongolia, I would never give them up and I would stay a paid up member as I am now and always have been. 8-)
exactly Bev .. if you truely are passionate about the Saints you just cant give them up :)
THEY couldnt just give US up EITHER !! It would be pretty unforgivable in my book.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:Would throw my full support behind the Storm and take no more than a passing interest in the team that abandoned me and other loyal Melbourne based Saints.
Well you are entitled to your own opinion ric, but it really does say a lot for our loyal interstate supporters.

In other words, you don't have to live in Melbourne to be a Loyal supporter and that is demonstrated by many loyal interstate supporters we have on this site

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!