What would you do if St Kilda moved?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

What would you do?

Still support them
77%
Change to a different team
4%
Not barrack for anyone
19%

Total votes: 52

Huzzad
Club Player

I live in Sydney, and been in NSW most of my life and I have always supported the Saints. People find it weird I hate the home team (and I mean HATE) and go for a Vic team, but growing up supporting a team that plays one game a year in my state if we are lucky is still awesome. I wish I could see more games, but I can't. But I am a die-hard saints fan and will always love em. If I can survive, I am sure other true supporters could.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
riccardo wrote:Would throw my full support behind the Storm and take no more than a passing interest in the team that abandoned me and other loyal Melbourne based Saints.
Well you are entitled to your own opinion ric, but it really does say a lot for our loyal interstate supporters.

In other words, you don't have to live in Melbourne to be a Loyal supporter and that is demonstrated by many loyal interstate supporters we have on this site
I never said you had to be a Melburnian to be a loyal St Kilda supporter, did I?

But any person not from Melbourne knows they are supporting a side they don't get to see very often and have to support from afar - and good on them, they are the true passionate ones.

But to leave Melboure, and the core of the support base, would be too much for me. If I wanted to support an interstate side, I would have.

I don't want to support my team from afar, no disrespect to those that do, but I don't.

HarveysDeciple

riccardo wrote: But to leave Melboure, and the core of the support base, would be too much for me. If I wanted to support an interstate side, I would have.

I don't want to support my team from afar, no disrespect to those that do, but I don't.
what if it was a case of move or fold?

and they simply had no choice? that wouldn't be abandonment surely?

fisher_fan
Club Player

if it was move or fold i would support them. if they moved for money i would support them....i dont care where they play, there still the saints and thats why i will always go for them....

such is life
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:
riccardo wrote: But to leave Melboure, and the core of the support base, would be too much for me. If I wanted to support an interstate side, I would have.

Why am I the only one asking to justify my answer.................again?

Thats just how I feel, can't you leave it at that.

Saints94
SS Life Member

What kind of Ssaints fan woudn't?

HarveysDeciple

riccardo wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:

Why am I the only one asking to justify my answer.................again?

Thats just how I feel, can't you leave it at that.
im not using you to single out, it was just your oppinion that caught my interest.

Im interested if that would still count as abandoning? fair enough to not support, no qualms with that at all.