Riewoldt Wouldn't Mind Playing For New Gold Coast Team!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldt Wouldn't Mind Playing For New Gold Coast Team!

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/200 ... sport.html
Riewoldt left the door slightly ajar by conceding that, if circumstances change, he would not rule out a return to Queensland

gee that doesnt sound too good...id prefere it if we had players who were 100% behind playing out their careers at stkilda

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

I think they just tried to fish that out.
Pretty much all of what he said emphasised that he wants to play at St Kilda.

He's pretty well established in Melbourne too, with business investments, a girlfriend and some family here.

Remember the constant speculation that Winmar was going to return to WA at some point? Never happened and I don't think the Judd case is all that similar to Roo.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

The question was probably:

"If you were at the end of your career with St Kilda, and there was the possibility of playing for a team on the Gold Coast, and the circumstances at the time were right for you and the club, would you rule out a possible return to the Gold Coast at some point in the distant future?"

To which Riewoldt probably replied that:

"I absolutely love St Kilda and have no intention of leaving, but were something to change and circumstances were different, perhaps I might consider a return to Queensland".

From which the journalist has got:

"Riewoldt left the door slightly ajar by conceding that, if circumstances change, he would not rule out a return to Queensland."

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
savatage
SS Life Member

Did you actually read the article or just the heading?

If you're taking on the "sources to to Riewoldt believe" line - don't you realise that 95% of the time the journalists use that disclaimer as a vehicle to use their artistic license. They can say whatever they like without mentioning who this mystery "source" is. The fact that it's a gold coast created article makes me even more skeptical.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:Did you actually read the article or just the heading?
i do realise that riewoldt made mention that he wishes to be with stkilda, yet whichever way you put it, he is still holding onto the thought that one day he might go back to queensland to play league football

savatage
SS Life Member

SaintBot wrote:
savatage wrote:Did you actually read the article or just the heading?
i do realise that riewoldt made mention that he wishes to be with stkilda, yet whichever way you put it, he is still holding onto the thought that one day he might go back to queensland to play league football
That's not how I or anybody else seems to have read it.

bozza1980
Club Player

This is the sentence in question...

"From a footy person's perspective, a team up there would be great -- but all my focus is on staying with the Saints and getting that flag. Down the track, who knows what could happen with trades and all that."

That is the typical never say never comment, nothing more nothing less.

C'mon, he is talking to a Gold Coast newspaper, he's not going to say, no I will never entertain playing for a Gold Coast team.

Who knows what the situation will be in the future, it is the answer of someone who wants to play out his career at St Kilda but is smart enough to know he may not be the sole person to decide this.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Barry Hall said he wanted to stay at the Saints.

3 weeks later he was gone.

Wayne Campbell said he wanted to leave Richmond.

3 weeks later he was captain of the club.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Barry Hall said he wanted to stay at the Saints.

3 weeks later he was gone.

Wayne Campbell said he wanted to leave Richmond.

3 weeks later he was captain of the club.

so we live in opposite world?

If they say they stayed for less money that means they stayed for more money than they were offered else where.

A new Goldcoast team I would guess would be able to pick a few players from other clubs Reiwoldt would be there number one goal me thinks. Bad news for us indeed that the kanga's said no.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

worry warts
of coarse roo wouldnt say never to that question come 2010 he will be entering a contract talks with the saints with the goldcoast team pitching everything to him we would then have to come to the party to match it hence he will get the best contract thats for him.

for us to keep roo i think what we need is for
a. him to be made permanant captain
b. for us to continue to be playing finals or close to
c. have a coach who he gets along with (trust me muffin head at freo getting the arse was a keen point in pavlova staying put )
d. his media profile to continue to grow in melb
e. for our facillitys at our new home to be as good as the current board say they will be

if all those things are in order he wont move on and if he does with all that happening then so long to him

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:worry warts
of coarse roo wouldnt say never to that question come 2010 he will be entering a contract talks with the saints with the goldcoast team pitching everything to him we would then have to come to the party to match it hence he will get the best contract thats for him.

for us to keep roo i think what we need is for
a. him to be made permanant captain
b. for us to continue to be playing finals or close to
c. have a coach who he gets along with (trust me muffin head at freo getting the arse was a keen point in pavlova staying put )
d. his media profile to continue to grow in melb
e. for our facillitys at our new home to be as good as the current board say they will be

if all those things are in order he wont move on and if he does with all that happening then so long to him
Yep, make him captain, problem solved.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

I'm tipping there's a few people here who wouldn't mind playing with the Saints either, doesn't mean it's going to happen though. :wink:

casey scorp
Club Player

Re: Riewoldt Wouldn't Mind Playing For New Gold Coast Team!

Riewoldt left the door slightly ajar by conceding that, if circumstances change, he would not rule out a return to Queensland

If Riewoldt is reported as "conceding" the point, even using all of his journalistic licence the reporter is acknowleding that this concession had to be extracted from him. Doesn't sound too worrying at all.

fisher_fan
Club Player

hypothetically if riedwolt was to want to go to the gold coast, what would they give us in return?

such is life
casey scorp
Club Player

Some of the priority draft picks they will inevitably have in abundance.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

laughable, absolutely laughable..roo isnt going anywhere and never will

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Brian Collis
Club Player

Good luck to him and why wouldn't he after winning a premiership with The Saints