Geary?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BallBanger
Club Player

Geary?

What are expectations by those who watched his Scorps form 2007 or observers from Echuca/Bendigo

Was injured most of TAC draft year....did he get under the radar?

I'm hoping he comes on adding some class to our running department.
Is this unrealistic?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The club must see plenty in him. He was elevated from the rookie list. I'm not sure what people from Echuca would know of him. He's from Bendigo/Eaglehawk.

You're not getting him mixed up with Eljay Conors, are you? !!

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Yep, Geary missed most of 2006 with a broken arm, hence the lack of attention.

I have only seen him play 4 or 5 times, but each time he has impressed me. Good skills, smarts, has confidence in himself and has decent pace. A pretty well rounded player who will probably start off at half back/half forward if he gets a few games in the seniors. Long term I see him as being a goalkicking midfielder.

Could very well end up being the best player we drafted in 2006 (he has definitely performed the best so far).

BallBanger
Club Player

Thanks Msg
And I was thinking his hometown was Echuca but on reflection I think he is from Bridgewater district

sasaint
Club Player

Think Dal Santo type player. Very aware of what is around him and can weave through traffic. Has a good turn of speed. A great pickup.

HarveysDeciple

prolific ball winner, moves pretty well in traffic too.

one of my main points of focus when watching our pre season games this year.
Looks a natural footballer and should play some senior games this year for the saints.

Would think maybe 6-8 saints game would be a good result for him this season.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:

Could very well end up being the best player we drafted in 2006 (he has definitely performed the best so far).
I would have thought the best so far from 2006 would have been Attard with 20 games.

Geary could well end up better......but one should give Attard due credit for his efforts in 2007.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ben_fff
Club Player

BallBanger wrote:Thanks Msg
And I was thinking his hometown was Echuca but on reflection I think he is from Bridgewater district
No, he's from Bendigo, has a big family... I used to play against his brother, they played for Eaglehawk.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:I would have thought the best so far from 2006 would have been Attard with 20 games.

Geary could well end up better......but one should give Attard due credit for his efforts in 2007.
Yep, good point. Geary has been the best performed new draftee anyway.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:I would have thought the best so far from 2006 would have been Attard with 20 games.

Yep, good point. Geary has been the best performed new draftee anyway.
Yes....and overall it was a very good year for us with the rookies....Attard and Jones actually playing...

Geary looking very good towards the seasons end....as did Eddy....and Van reehan looking to bea reasonable prospect as well.

In the main draft Armo and Howard were both dissapointing... Howard wasalaysa project player and so for his first year I did not expect much but with Armo I would have expected abetter year....not so much in playing more senior games but in havinga higher standard at Casey games.

Lets hope that in the off season that he has significantly improved his base fitness which was lacking in 2007.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

VR will benefit from McEvoy being the focus of our future ruck stocks, he can continue to develop under the radar and without added pressure, real or imagined.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:VR will benefit from McEvoy being the focus of our future ruck stocks, he can continue to develop under the radar and without added pressure, real or imagined.
Depends on how you look at it. Will probably spend most of the year in the seconds because we got McEvoy and not sure that is good for his development especially in his second year.

spiral2
Club Player

plugger, do you think McEvoy will get a run in the 1s this year?
I would have guessed 2009 at the earliest, depending on injuries of course.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

spiral2 wrote:plugger, do you think McEvoy will get a run in the 1s this year?
I would have guessed 2009 at the earliest, depending on injuries of course.
I think he has a good chance of getting a couple of games. It is very likely that both King and Gardiner will be unavailable at some point in time, while Kosi is prefered up forward and Blake in the midfield. This would leave Rix and McEvoy as our only two ruck options.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Otiman wrote:VR will benefit from McEvoy being the focus of our future ruck stocks, he can continue to develop under the radar and without added pressure, real or imagined.
Depends on how you look at it. Will probably spend most of the year in the seconds because we got McEvoy and not sure that is good for his development especially in his second year.
Do casey have any rucks???

If not...have VR and McEvoy alternate in the ruck and have Rixy playing as a key defender with some runs in the ruck.

As VR is in his second year asa rookie it would be pretty pointless to have him running around Casey 2s for most of the year.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Do casey have any rucks???

If not...have VR and McEvoy alternate in the ruck and have Rixy playing as a key defender with some runs in the ruck.

As VR is in his second year asa rookie it would be pretty pointless to have him running around Casey 2s for most of the year.
agreed, in fact there is no reason that all three wont spend a lot of the time in the ruck for casey. bigmac can go forward and yes rix could play down back if needed.

on geary, the kid is quick, smart and should be developed as a rebounding HBF'er during 2008 and look at him, eddy, gram and armo being the centre piece of our next generation of midfielders.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith