Family day in Frankston !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jk23
Club Player

Family day in Frankston !!

I went to the intraclub match today and they handed out flyers advertising the family day on Sunday the 9th of March . 11am-2pm
Frankston Park young street Frankston ( Melways ref. 100A B9 )
Admission free !!
All players attending
2008 membership and merchandise on sale
free rides and children activities
2008 official guernsey presentation
Player clinics and signing sessions

luke.l_26
SS Hall of Fame

oh yeah. it's only a 2 hour train trip....
*sigh*
The things we do for the club...
But the free admission is a big plus for sure.!!
It makes the train trip worth it now that it's free ;)

MWL - Blinding footy players on the field since 2003
esaint66
SS Life Member

thats ridiculous :x
it needs to be at moorabbin
now thats 2 events im going to miss :x

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

thanks jk23

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
noddy

luke.l_26 wrote:oh yeah. it's only a 2 hour train trip....
*sigh*
The things we do for the club...
But the free admission is a big plus for sure.!!
It makes the train trip worth it now that it's free ;)
Or a 11 hour car trip :roll:

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Try driving from Qld :roll:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

we should always have family day at moorabbin!
its the home of stkilda!
get f***ed frankston park, moorabbin oval is better!
Last edited by saintdooley on Sat 09 Feb 2008 12:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Look on the positive side....it is great chance to build membership from the Peninsula.....lets hope a lot of new members sign up.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

The club is looking to move their training to Frankston, so it makes sense that they would have a Family Day there. Hopefully with the free entry it might entice a few locals to get on board. Smart thinking by the decision makers.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

sRr and Snoopy thanks for the common sense, we have to do it, if we are not trying to establish a presence down that way why on Earth would we have signed the deal over Casey's offer?
Sure it is an inconvenience for a lot of us, but we are the diehards, hopefully the short trip will get people from that area who aren't the biggest saints fans to come down have a look, hopefully they will like what they see and we could get a few members, we just have to trust that the people in charge know what they're doing...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

yes, i will be going to my 1st family day. Im moving down to frankston on the 15h of Feb so this is great timing and hopefully i can sign up as a new member if i have the cash.

Sounds great ive been waiting to get joey and the fishers to sign my jumper since forever so finally ill have it all signed!

Go saints in '09!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:yes, i will be going to my 1st family day. Im moving down to frankston on the 15h of Feb so this is great timing and hopefully i can sign up as a new member if i have the cash.

Sounds great ive been waiting to get joey and the fishers to sign my jumper since forever so finally ill have it all signed!
That's what I like to hear :) Try and get a couple of mates to sign up aswell and it would oh so much sweeter :wink:

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:
i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:yes, i will be going to my 1st family day. Im moving down to frankston on the 15h of Feb so this is great timing and hopefully i can sign up as a new member if i have the cash.

That's what I like to hear :) Try and get a couple of mates to sign up aswell and it would oh so much sweeter :wink:
dont worry about that ill scout around the uni for new members!

Go saints in '09!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:
Armoooo wrote:

dont worry about that ill scout around the uni for new members!
Haha good work :D

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

was keen on going until I was reminded how crap it was last year.

Not enough rides, massive queues, and very little else to do.

Was a complete waste of time......I hope they learn from last year's mistakes.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
truman38

saintspremiers wrote:was keen on going until I was reminded how crap it was last year.

Well after my first year back living in Melbourne after 17 years in Broome it sounded like a great venue to take the kids to but now you've got me worried. Could it really be that bad?

esaint66
SS Life Member

truman38 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:was keen on going until I was reminded how crap it was last year.

Well after my first year back living in Melbourne after 17 years in Broome it sounded like a great venue to take the kids to but now you've got me worried. Could it really be that bad?

well it started to get pretty stale after a while at moorabbin you sort of knew what was going to happen but this is all new so it could be better.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

trueman38 My advice is as it is your first family day just go along and enjoy.

The problem is that as the Saints have become more popular so have their family days and the number of supporters attending, gets us more media and more supporters :P
the club have tried several ways to make it easier and more fair to get photos and signatures and the boys are usually more than generous.

last year 2007 they tried having tents around the ground with groups and players and you queued to get in - which is fair but resulted in the line for the leadership group stretching across the ground and back a couple of times.
this in some way meant that all got a go- and not just the pushiest or the tallest or relying on pot luck if you missed players wandering around the ground,

there will never be the time or space for EVERY supporter to get to EVERY player,

personally I have taken to attending these larger events and just taking in the atmosphere and getting pics of the boys getting their jumpers, saying hi if close enough and grabbing a photo if a chance,
But planning to go to training or similar if something more personal required.

realistically I am happy that the saints are popular and around,

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:trueman38 My advice is as it is your first family day just go along and enjoy.

The problem is that as the Saints have become more popular so have their family days and the number of supporters attending, gets us more media and more supporters :P
the club have tried several ways to make it easier and more fair to get photos and signatures and the boys are usually more than generous.

last year 2007 they tried having tents around the ground with groups and players and you queued to get in - which is fair but resulted in the line for the leadership group stretching across the ground and back a couple of times.
this in some way meant that all got a go- and not just the pushiest or the tallest or relying on pot luck if you missed players wandering around the ground,

there will never be the time or space for EVERY supporter to get to EVERY player,

personally I have taken to attending these larger events and just taking in the atmosphere and getting pics of the boys getting their jumpers, saying hi if close enough and grabbing a photo if a chance,
But planning to go to training or similar if something more personal required.

realistically I am happy that the saints are popular and around,
agree with brat...

Troy....

It is a worthwhile event for your family IMO.....

Forget about a post in another thread ........
snoopygirl wrote:Hard enough to get a parking spot in the vicinity now OWTS. I avoid shopping in Frankston for this very reason. God help them on Family Day & Intra Club games.
I would be surprised if a ground that has regular VFL games, has difficulties in providing parking.

I will not be able to attend as I have a 21st to attend in Bendigo, but I am sure you and your family will enjoy the day.

Hope to meet you Troy, during the season :wink:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
I will not be able to attend as I have a 21st to attend in Bendigo,
So !!

FREE BEER is nore important than the family day hey :roll:

Yeah, I can relate to that :lol: :wink: !!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
I will not be able to attend as I have a 21st to attend in Bendigo,
So !!

FREE BEER is nore important than the family day hey :roll:

Yeah, I can relate to that :lol: :wink: !!
lol

anyone with an idea about getting 1920s gangster costumes ???

:roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Look on the positive side....it is great chance to build membership from the Peninsula.....lets hope a lot of new members sign up.
Exactly my sentiments...a forward looking move with peninsula membership base in mind...and bloody handy on a personal basis being just 15 /20 minutes away

You bewdy Sainters :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Truman, obviously St. Fid & I have differing views on availability of parking but I certainly wouldn't let a minor issue like that spoil what will no doubt be a great day for the kids. Hope to see you there. :D

casey scorp
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:Forget about a post in another thread ........
snoopygirl wrote:Hard enough to get a parking spot in the vicinity now OWTS. I avoid shopping in Frankston for this very reason. God help them on Family Day & Intra Club games.
I would be surprised if a ground that has regular VFL games, has difficulties in providing parking.
Be ready to be surprised. The VFL games at Frankston only attract about 1,500 spectators. There is already parking stress at that level. I expect the Saints to want a far higher turnout.

And snoopygirl's comment (lifted from the other thread) was in relation to parking during standard business hours.