NAB Cup Rules

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

NAB Cup Rules

I thought the poster play on rule was terrific even though it didnt work in our favour last night it added plenty of excitement.

The nine point rule still has a lot of work to do before it can be considered for a fulltime role.

the bench rule was a nonevent for me being at the ground...was it watched by channel 7?

the kicking backwards rule was a quiet achiever...was a good result as we didnt see the chip-a-lot 5 minutes at the end

is the rushed behind 3 points rule still in play...wasnt used last night if it is

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

ch 7 brought up at one stage the interchange bench rotations during the second quater i think but apart from that nothing else.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Re: NAB Cup Rules

SaintBot wrote:I thought the poster play on rule was terrific even though it didnt work in our favour last night it added plenty of excitement.

The nine point rule still has a lot of work to do before it can be considered for a fulltime role.

the bench rule was a nonevent for me being at the ground...was it watched by channel 7?

the kicking backwards rule was a quiet achiever...was a good result as we didnt see the chip-a-lot 5 minutes at the end

is the rushed behind 3 points rule still in play...wasnt used last night if it is
yes, it is.
i watched the last 5 mins of the w.b v roos game and the dogs gave the roos a goal in total out of rushed behinds! :lol:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

In the saints game I think there was one rushed behind that was counted for the saints.

hobbo
Club Player

yeah we got one 3 pointer :)

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

sorry didnt see it....thought there were a few times we deserved one and it was signaled as an ordinary behind

SharpShooter
Club Player

SaintBot wrote:sorry didnt see it....thought there were a few times we deserved one and it was signaled as an ordinary behind
Its a bit tricky. A rushed behind when its punched over or something like that will still be given 1 point, but when players handball it or run with it will be given 3 points. It has to be a bit more obvious like the deliberate out of bounds rule.

Either way it was weird seeing the black flag signaling it (it was down the Coventry end). I made a joke to my mate about it meaning that the player who rushed it has to go to the bench for a stop-go penalty, Would add a bit more encouragement not to give away the 3 points.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Jake King ran over the goal line with the ball at one stage in the 3rd(?) quarter. Commentators called is as 3 pts, didnt notice the scoreboard though.

SharpShooter
Club Player

Otiman wrote:Jake King ran over the goal line with the ball at one stage in the 3rd(?) quarter. Commentators called is as 3 pts, didnt notice the scoreboard though.
From what I could see they don't have that dedicated tally for it like a few years ago. On the scorecard it'd probably just show as 3 normal behinds. You'd go from 1.3.2 : 29 points, to 1.3.5 : 32 points.

Yes, it was the third quarter I believe. Under pressure just stepped back over.