Ansett Cup V Wizzard/nab cup

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Ansett Cup V Wizzard/nab cup

Sorry if this has been previously posted.........

I hate the current system of bullshyte experimental rules V the old fashion "practice matches" of the Ansett Cup.......

This is meant to be a "practice match" for the season proper and with the so called "Rules Committee " into dabbling the rules to see "just what happens" it's becoming a joke, and any wonder a side wants to stay clear of the nab cup when they are focused on round 1 with the "standard rules" .....

F*** this system, of experiment, at the cost of a teams main game plan......

How can a team "focus" on the main game when they have idiots messing with the rules for a competition that the rules don't apply to the season proper???

What farkin DimWit thought of that???

Yes, an obvious question to an obvious answer......

A "PRACTICE MATCH" (or nab wizzard) should be played under the same rules as the season proper...

like the old Ansett Cup

What is the point of training when you have some bullshyt comp with different rules ???

Why experiment with the rules when teams are focused on the season??

F*** experimenting with the game when teams want to focus with the season proper

F*** everything

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

If the rule doesn't come into fruition into real AFL H&A games within x years (2 or 3) then it should be scrapped from the preseason comp.

Supergoals - GONE
Rebound Posters into field of play - 1 more year
10m boundary throwins - 1 more year
Umpires corridor - 2-3 more years
20m kick + backwards rule - 1-2 more years

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:If the rule doesn't come into fruition into real AFL H&A games within x years (2 or 3) then it should be scrapped from the preseason comp.

Supergoals - GONE
yeah I know most of that, but ......

The pre season comp was meant to be a practice match for the main season and it is now being a testing ground for rules....

What the F*** is a practice match???????

A match with "different rules" to a standard match???

So why do the clubs play in a game that is supposed to be a pre season comp, that has different rules to the season proper???

F*** this system and go back to the rules or the Ansett Cup IMO....

What is the point of playing a comp and training your team plan when you have a "bullshyte" comp with different rules...

KB, and the rest of that committee, take a hike IMO...

I don't know how to do a poll, but I would like someone to created one on this...

Ansett Cup (original rules) V Wizzard/nab (experimental rules)

I remember being at the Ansett Cup Win and to me it was far better than the Wizard Cup Win...

I hate experimenting with rules and then the players are meant to adapt to the normal system...

Yeah, righto this is a "precursor" to how a team plays under some different rule and pays $30 odd to watch this crap that is not football???

The AFL is a money hungry piece of worthless shyte ever since dimwit took charge.

F*** the nab and F*** dimwit

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:The AFL is a money hungry piece of worthless shyte ever since dimwit took charge.
:lol: :lol:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Otiman wrote:If the rule doesn't come into fruition into real AFL H&A games within x years (2 or 3) then it should be scrapped from the preseason comp.

Supergoals - GONE
yeah I know most of that, but ......

The pre season comp was meant to be a practice match for the main season and it is now being a testing ground for rules....

What the F*** is a practice match???????

A match with "different rules" to a standard match???

So why do the clubs play in a game that is supposed to be a pre season comp, that has different rules to the season proper???

F*** this system and go back to the rules or the Ansett Cup IMO....

What is the point of playing a comp and training your team plan when you have a "bullshyte" comp with different rules...

KB, and the rest of that committee, take a hike IMO...

I don't know how to do a poll, but I would like someone to created one on this...

Ansett Cup (original rules) V Wizzard/nab (experimental rules)

I remember being at the Ansett Cup Win and to me it was far better than the Wizard Cup Win...

I hate experimenting with rules and then the players are meant to adapt to the normal system...

Yeah, righto this is a "precursor" to how a team plays under some different rule and pays $30 odd to watch this crap that is not football???

The AFL is a money hungry piece of worthless shyte ever since dimwit took charge.

F*** the nab and F*** dimwit
Most of the rules are the same. A couple dont even chamge the way the game is played. The coaches dont give a dam about the different rules. As long as the players get match practice that is all that matters.
The AFL are really stuffing up the game with record basically everything. Who should be in charge. The saints president. Or do we go back to the VFL where every team was broke.

asiu

tend to agree fid

(besides that, its good to see you angry....thats a big part of the process)

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:I remember being at the Ansett Cup Win and to me it was far better than the Wizard Cup Win...
I remember that too and it was a better win. Not because of the rules but because we had not been in any Grand Final since 1971.

In 2004 we were running hot. We'd finished off 2003 in spectacular fashion and the promise of big things was to come.

We were also scheduled to play Geelong in round 1, so I think everyone's focus was on that match, rather than winning the pre-season comp.

This season is even less exciting. I don't even think that we have been taking these games seriously. If we really wanted to win every match we would not be doing things like resting Luke Ball for the entire first half and resting Riewoldt for the last quarter when the game is in the balance.

The whole comp does not have the same feel and I don't think it is the rules. The focus is (and rightly so) on round 1 for all teams.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

To make the event more credible, the Grandfinal could be played for 4 premiership points with normal rules and then the two teams would have a bye in the season proper when then they would normally be fixtured to play.

Another opportunity awaits!
my les foote
Club Player

Moccha wrote:To make the event more credible, the Grandfinal could be played for 4 premiership points with normal rules and then the two teams would have a bye in the season proper when then they would normally be fixtured to play.
Great idea Moccha.

Because we don't play the Crows at AAMI this year, the final would have to be played at the Dome.

And we would get a week off two weeks before the finals.

Win it for HIM!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Dimwit is a complete clown, and everyone, including nearly all media outlets can see that at the moment.

$1.4M salary does not equal respect.

He is one sad individual.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
congorozides
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:The AFL is a money hungry piece of worthless shyte ever since dimwit took charge.
agree. i read in the paper AD has doubled his salary to 1.4 mill a year. and the guy is an idiot.

he lets carlton and richmond tank in the H & A for months on end. Then has a go at Roos over some crap practice match? Why because he places gambling revenue over the game. The pre season has always been about rookies, kids and recruits. It should always be.

Now cos the AFL allows betting on it - AD is concerned about the integrity - so is looking to protect betting revenue.

SO AD meets his KPI's on revenues and gets his pay doubled but at what cost to the game? The game has sold its sould so one man can get a performance bonus and a fat salary. WHAT A JOKE!

AFL in Western Sydney but not Tassie - why? cos he thinks he can get "market share" and an ego boost so people say he had "vision" and opened a new market! Oh god dont make me laugh. Good luck fellas.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

congorozides wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
agree. i read in the paper AD has doubled his salary to 1.4 mill a year. and the guy is an idiot.

he lets carlton and richmond tank in the H & A for months on end. Then has a go at Roos over some crap practice match? Why because he places gambling revenue over the game. The pre season has always been about rookies, kids and recruits. It should always be.

Now cos the AFL allows betting on it - AD is concerned about the integrity - so is looking to protect betting revenue.

SO AD meets his KPI's on revenues and gets his pay doubled but at what cost to the game? The game has sold its sould so one man can get a performance bonus and a fat salary. WHAT A JOKE!

AFL in Western Sydney but not Tassie - why? cos he thinks he can get "market share" and an ego boost so people say he had "vision" and opened a new market! Oh god dont make me laugh. Good luck fellas.
now i dont like dimwit like the rest but i do admit hes doing a good job the AFL is still the most popular sport in the country and is growing in leaps and bounds not bad for a idiot .. fair call i recon on his critisism of Roos if afl clubs want to make money out of playing in the AFL then they should follow the AFL's rules

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

How is the AFL run? I have no idea here,but it needs to be like politics,we need a opposition party,an alternative,because this current regime is a joke. Destroying the game to the core,pathetic changing rules,expanding to a 18 team comp(what the F$ck!),tearing the heart and soul out of the game.

I can't believe how much there f$cking it up,yet they can get away with it! Demetriou p$ss off to the corporate world,we don't want you a$$ bandit :evil:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

How is the AFL run?

A benevolent dictarorship, without the benevolence.
Much like present day Russia.

I must agree that the NAB Cup is a sham and to allow betting on practice matches is a disgrace (almost as big a disgrace as the number of one armed bandits the Filth have in the community).

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:How is the AFL run?

I must agree that the NAB Cup is a sham and to allow betting on practice matches is a disgrace (almost as big a disgrace as the number of one armed bandits the Filth have in the community).
Well the betting has nothing to do with the AFL. The government gives that approval and anyone who bets on those games should seek some help.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:How is the AFL run?

Well the betting has nothing to do with the AFL. The government gives that approval and anyone who bets on those games should seek some help.
True and not true....whilst the government gives approval who seeks the approval??

The AFL!

Who collects a commission/kickbacks/money etc from turnover from betting on AFL matches?

The AFL!

The AFL has the final say if betting is allowed on any AFL sanctioned match, and I agree with you that you need your head read if bet on any nab crap match.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Huzzad
Club Player

Eat some meat and get over it. While some of the rules annoy me at times, the supergoal and poster/rebound rules make it quite interesting and lively, and add a bit more competetion to a game which is worth nothing. I don't like the over-use of rule changes, but a couple of them are alright and add some spice. otherwise it is just a game that means nothing, so might as well have a bit of fun trying to kick a 9 pointer, and if you miss and hit the post, you can have another crack. reminds me a bit of high school/street rules etc. I hate the interchange one though and not overly fussed on the boundry line coming in, but a couple of the other ones don't bug me.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Huzzad wrote:Eat some meat and get over it. While some of the rules annoy me at times, the supergoal and poster/rebound rules make it quite interesting and lively, and add a bit more competetion to a game which is worth nothing. I don't like the over-use of rule changes, but a couple of them are alright and add some spice. otherwise it is just a game that means nothing, so might as well have a bit of fun trying to kick a 9 pointer, and if you miss and hit the post, you can have another crack. reminds me a bit of high school/street rules etc. I hate the interchange one though and not overly fussed on the boundry line coming in, but a couple of the other ones don't bug me.
Well, I really don't now what to say with that.....

My whole point of the post was Original Rules (Ansett) V "Makeup Rules" (Wizzard/Nab)

If a team is trying to practice for the season proper, surly the rules should be the same..

yeah Ive heard that there is not too much changes...

20 metre passes instead of 15

3 pointers...

9 pointers

kick behind play (and play on)

Limited interchange...

Yep........

This is a great way to have a side primed to a season, with a comp with experimental rules ........

and some on here think that is good???

A Proper Pre Season SHOULD BE with the same rules as the season proper and not some bullshyte that KB and whoever devised ......

Just what is this crap of playing a comp that is meant to be a pre season and the rules are different???

LEAVE THE FARKING GAME ALONE!!!

Lets have a pre season the same as the home and away FFS

Stop making the Pre Season Comp A MICKEY MOUSE ONE...

WITH BULLSHYTE RULES THAT WILL NEVER BE A PART OF THE MAIN SEASON..

F*** em the Ansett Cup competition was far better.......

and not because of our win but the game in general

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Huzzad wrote:Eat some meat and get over it. While some of the rules annoy me at times, the supergoal and poster/rebound rules make it quite interesting and lively, and add a bit more competetion to a game which is worth nothing. I don't like the over-use of rule changes, but a couple of them are alright and add some spice. otherwise it is just a game that means nothing, so might as well have a bit of fun trying to kick a 9 pointer, and if you miss and hit the post, you can have another crack. reminds me a bit of high school/street rules etc. I hate the interchange one though and not overly fussed on the boundry line coming in, but a couple of the other ones don't bug me.

My whole point of the post was Original Rules (Ansett) V "Makeup Rules" (Wizzard/Nab)

If a team is trying to practice for the season proper, surly the rules should be the same..

3 pointers...

9 pointers

Limited interchange...

Yep........

This is a great way to have a side primed to a season, with a comp with experimental rules ........

A Proper Pre Season SHOULD BE with the same rules as the season proper and not some bullshyte that KB and whoever devised ......

Just what is this crap of playing a comp that is meant to be a pre season and the rules are different???

They are practice matches and the minor rule changes have no bearing on how the sides prepare for the season. They train for the real stuff. They just have a point of difference for the practice games and to trial different rules. Had the hands in the back rule been trialed in these games we may have been lucky enough not to get it in the real season. Teams can lose if they want by playing with a crap side but the benefits out weigh your negativity.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

everything St.Fid said in this thread, I agree with 110% :wink:

The rules are bollocks

boundary throw ins 15 metres in :roll:

9 point supergoals, half the time they're as a result of 50 metre penalties :roll: stupid rule to begin with

3 points for a rushed behind :roll:

play on after a rebound into play from the goalpost :roll:

etc...etc...

only new rule I like is that you have to play on if you kick the ball backwards, which imho makes perfect sense

disband the fools committee and leave the game alone

FAIR DINKUM

I'll take a win over Sydney in Round One over a victory against Adelaide in the NAB final any day

pre-season nonsense is about as relevant as John Howard's workplace relations, FAIR DINKUM Carltoon won the thing last year, means SFA

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I love the NAB cup.

Bogus rules and all!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

3 pointers...

9 pointers

Limited interchange...

Yep........

They are practice matches and the minor rule changes have no bearing on how the sides prepare for the season. They train for the real stuff. They just have a point of difference for the practice games and to trial different rules. Had the hands in the back rule been trialed in these games we may have been lucky enough not to get it in the real season. Teams can lose if they want by playing with a crap side but the benefits out weigh your negativity.
It has F*** all to do whether you think I am being negative and I would appreciate it if you don't go down the PERSONAL path......

My point is that IMO the game was a much better spectacle during the Ansett Cup days than this current nab and the past Wizard Cup games which include some ridiculous rules that b4e has also pointed.

Yes, that's my opinion and you obviously have a different view, but again leave any personal issues you have with out of the issue.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sorry didnt think that would upset anyone but I guess I was wrong.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Sorry didnt think
Yep, and just maybe you should before you hit the submit tab

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Sorry didnt think
Yep, and just maybe you should before you hit the submit tab
Thanks for only taking part of what I said. I didnt think anyone would get upset by that small comment after all we are adults. Or are we?