On the ground

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

On the ground

Im not saying we will win it. Though if you were at a grand final that we were the victors in, would you run onto the ground? I would, maybe not naked :wink: , but yeah. If you have enough numbers no one could catch you, also at the end of the day $1500 for that Gabba streaker isn't as harsh a penalty as I thought would be deserved. I wouldn't laugh at $1500 at all by any means, just it seems a small price to pay.

I would definitly be very tempted to run onto the ground, but It'd probably be a different story at the time. I wouldn't want to ruind/taint it for the players, but at the same time it might be such an overwhleming feeling I wouldn't think and just go out there. Though knowing the penalty I would be prepared to take the risk.

EDIT: just remembered that the penalty for running onto the ground is more in AFL $4500?? so I might have to rethink what I posted, but cannot be bothered changing it just yet.

Carpe Diem
Huzzad
Club Player

Yeah it is heavier plus I think the AFL might impose a life ban, not too sure of that but I have heard of it happening in the past. So don't plan on going to saints games for a while, maybe ever

Btw, can I be co-driver of the bandwagon? Or perhaps rally navigator?

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

StKilda fans have always been the first to jump the fence after big wins! It was a Moorabbin tradition! We were still doing it in the late 90's at Waverley in front of 15-20,000,they'd never stop 95,000 if they wanted to go.
If we won the big one,I reckon I'd go over for sure,because it's tradition at Moorabbin,we win,we celebrate as one,on the ground! We'll make a mockery of the AFL's ground entering policies.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Harvs would be mobbed if such a feat happened, I've never been to a game where people run onto the ground (I've experienced streakers,dogs, etc). Though never a whole mob.

Carpe Diem
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

in footy its $6,000.
if i was given $7,000 i would run onto the ground.
if we won a GF and people started to run onto the ground, i wouldnt go until i was sure there is enough people on the oval that the cops wouldnt chase me, but if only 20 people went on i would stay glued to my seat!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:in footy its $6,000.
if we won a GF and people started to run onto the ground, i wouldnt go until i was sure there is enough people on the oval that the cops wouldnt chase me, but if only 20 people went on i would stay glued to my seat!
I would fancy my chances with 20 people, Under the circumstances you would be full of adrenaline. Just like when your chased by the cops/security/thugs or other authority, when you running away from something for a reason you seem to run a hell of a lot faster and longer. The second you make it back into the stands/seats your home and hosed as well.

The guy at the international rules a few years back did ridiculously well outrunning the cops.

Carpe Diem
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Run like you stole something!

RRR 9am Saturdays

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Saint Corin wrote:
saintdooley wrote:in footy its $6,000.
I would fancy my chances with 20 people, Under the circumstances you would be full of adrenaline. Just like when your chased by the cops/security/thugs or other authority, when you running away from something for a reason you seem to run a hell of a lot faster and longer. The second you make it back into the stands/seats your home and hosed as well.

The guy at the international rules a few years back did ridiculously well outrunning the cops.
lol, yes, i know what you mean about the running faster part, but when you get back to your seat you are not always safe at home, they can still hunt you down!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Would never personally invade the ground. I would go on if I was invited to, though.

PLUGGER14
Club Player

It's a life ban from the ground at the SCG.

GrumpyOne

Bernard Shakey wrote:Run like you stole something!

RRR 9am Saturdays
Yeah... like your brain. :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i personally don't want to see naked men running around footy grounds with their wobbly bits...well...wobbling..

...now if a young woman choose to streak...that is an entirely different matter...... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Re: On the ground

Saint Corin wrote:Im not saying we will win it. Though if you were at a grand final that we were the victors in, would you run onto the ground? I would, maybe not naked :wink: , but yeah. If you have enough numbers no one could catch you, also at the end of the day $1500 for that Gabba streaker isn't as harsh a penalty as I thought would be deserved. I wouldn't laugh at $1500 at all by any means, just it seems a small price to pay.

I would definitly be very tempted to run onto the ground, but It'd probably be a different story at the time. I wouldn't want to ruind/taint it for the players, but at the same time it might be such an overwhleming feeling I wouldn't think and just go out there. Though knowing the penalty I would be prepared to take the risk.

EDIT: just remembered that the penalty for running onto the ground is more in AFL $4500?? so I might have to rethink what I posted, but cannot be bothered changing it just yet.
and its lifetime ban

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Just run on behind a little kid.... security guards will always pick out the smaller option!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

first i would have to get over the fence then to run i would prob die b4 i got past the goal square !!! :oops: :oops:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
GrumpyOne

I don't think any well hung naked man could make it over the fence at the MCG. :wink:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

life ban?
how would they know if you came back in or not?

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:I don't think any well hung naked man could make it over the fence at the MCG. :wink:
Could always go pole vaulting over the fence.

GrumpyOne

Otiman wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:I don't think any well hung naked man could make it over the fence at the MCG. :wink:
Could always go pole vaulting over the fence.
Don't do that to me Oti :lol:

A dozen lines I could use and they'd all get me banned. :lol:

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Wouldn't do it if we won the flag in either day or pre-season.

The players should be able to savour their time on the ground with each other instead of having over-excited fools interfere with their celebrations.

Shows a distinct lack of respect
Last edited by TimeToShineFellas on Thu 06 Mar 2008 8:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

you should be right then mate..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

GrumpyOne

stinger wrote:
I was going to say that I left myself wide open for that one, but I decided not to give you the opportunity. :wink:

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

It would be a very hard role to police a life ban on an individual, sure you can stop them buying a membership or something, but can't stop them getting tickets at the ground.

Carpe Diem
stinger
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:
I was going to say that I left myself wide open for that one, :wink:

that you did mate.... :wink: :lol:

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Saint Corin wrote:It would be a very hard role to police a life ban on an individual, sure you can stop them buying a membership or something, but can't stop them getting tickets at the ground.
They do it to hooligans in European football when they impose life bans.