how will the new clubs lists be made up?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

how will the new clubs lists be made up?

Ill tell ya, by raping and pillaging, thats how! :evil: Damn straight.

No way on gods green earth will the AFL not tolerate these teams not dominating within two years. No ifs no buts, they will be given every concession to ensure it takes place.

It will be out of control and over the top, and a monster will be created. Typical AFL style, ala Brisbane.

How the bloody presidents can give it UNAMANOUS support WITHOUT even knowing ANYTHING yet as to how the lists will be created is bulls***, and plain beyond me.

Its just bend over and cop a reaming from the AFL by the clubs, either that or they are running scared like a 2 year old girl at the thought of challenging the AFL.

I want to , in advance, send a big f*** YOU to the dictatorship called the AFL. Really, Im staggered I can love a game so much, yet detest the pigs that run it equally.

I could write a page, as we all could, of their inconsistant ridiculous decision making, but what can you do? They know they can do whatever the hell they want and noone will dare speak up. If they do, they will be crushed, with...oh lets say next years draw....till they think of something else additional that is.

Again, I hold the presidents responsible for the mess to follow. Highly IRRESPONSIBLE to green light the expansion and not know the details!!! Frickin madness.

So now, due to their infinte wisdom, the AFL are free to create whatever system they like so premierships shall reign down on the Gold Coast and Western Sydney immediately.

Dont think its going to be that bad do you? Glad you have faith, I for one spit in thier face. They do nothing of value for this competition. A clown could run this comp to be successful and negotiate mega buck media deals. Its AFL FFS!!

Expansion in itself is not my main beef. Even I can see the need to keep pushing the comp along. Its HOW ITS DONE that I have a problem with.

Some will heap scorn on me for this Im sure. But I dont give a s*** cause Im that damn pissed about it.

And they WILL set the wheel in motion for raping and pillaging. They have to to make it work. And not just us, but all clubs will suffer. As far as we are concerned, as that is our main concern, we are a big target that could suffer significantly.

Welcome to a new age of interstate dominance, quite like we havent seen before! You thought its been bad in the past? We aint seen nothing yet.

claystreet
Club Player

i think you need to get a life
build a bridge
take some chill pills

i wonder at the end of the day who really cares about this crap

not me thats for sure

:roll:

carn sainterz 08 is what its all about

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

stick ya head in the sand then. Real smart.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

You need to get off your seat for a while and let your brain breathe a little.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
claystreet
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:stick ya head in the sand then. Real smart.
I remember my 1st drink of beer too

8-)

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

So, you guys are saying you just dont care? More fool you.

claystreet
Club Player

LOL care about what that we left the Junction oval and moved to Moorabbin or that we left Moorabbin and moved to Waverley or that we left Waverley and moved to Telstra dome or that the VFL/AFL is an evolving machine that will never stop ???????

haha i dont give a rats arse about that stuff i care about the saints winning a flag in 08......... concentrate on that or GTFO

:wink:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Slightly concerned because we have 4 queenslanders on our list including Nick Riewoldt who they will throw bucket loads of cash at (with afl approval, of course). For all we know Gilbo and Armo could be high profile targets by 2011-2012 too !!

claystreet
Club Player

worry about it in 4 yrs

08 is now
Last edited by claystreet on Fri 14 Mar 2008 7:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

finally! Someone with a brain on this thread, thanks eastern.

claystreet
Club Player

dont discredit a persons intelligence just because they disagreee with you

:roll:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:finally! Someone with a brain on this thread, thanks eastern.
lol - so (before me :wink: ) Eastern was the only one with a brain on this thread :D

Bit hard on yourself mate.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

claystreet wrote:worry about it in 4 yrs

08 is now
I'd prefer that we had contingency and all sorts of other plans in place NOW !!

claystreet
Club Player

you may not be here tomorrow, worry about today tomorrow will sort itself out

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well apart from giving the captaincy to one of the Queenslanders what can do except for making the workplace as professional, enjoyable and successful as possible??
Last edited by saintsRrising on Fri 14 Mar 2008 8:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Do what WC does. Trade them off for young draft picks and go for some disenchanted Vic youth playing interstate. The only way it'll work. We WILL be raped and pillaged, as will other clubs to some degree, but such is life, as Benny would say. Move on, get over it and enjoy the ride.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

08 is now
Thanks for that Grant Thomas.....that's right, why plan for the future???

Re Reiwoldt - on 3AW on Wednesday he said he's pretty much rock solid at St.Kilda.....reading between the lines he desperately wants to win a flag with us.

I guess if we do win a flag in the next 4 years, and the Gold Coast Rednecks (or whatever they're called!) offer him $1M per year, then maybe he'll head up North.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
claystreet
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:

08 is now
Thanks for that Grant Thomas.....that's right, why plan for the future???
I didnt say anything about the club not planning for the future did i Malcolm Blight?? i just said plan for this season which is the future :roll:

4 yrs is a long time in footy

signed Ross Lyon

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

4 years isnt that long! I think its a huge issue, and any club not planning for this upcoming upheaval would be derelict in their duty.

claystreet
Club Player

Saint in 08
all that matters right now

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Your right Claystreet, but also very blinkered at the same time.

claystreet
Club Player

Negative in your comments, negative in your thoughts, negative in your life ....an old saying

I dont care what happens in 2012, i care what happens now. Dont call me blinkered when you have no idea or even the slightest perception of what i think about, buuuut i will say i do think beyond the boundries of football and the AFL.

Dont loose any sleep now, your crying will go unnoticed and un heralded in the world of football and the AFL, as i said MOVE ON

8-)

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

You do whatever the hell you want, I dont give a s***, I still say its an issue regardless of what you say!

claystreet
Club Player

Chacon son gout

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: how will the new clubs lists be made up?

terrific post iwantmeseats. i'm angry about it too and cannot believe the clubs have just rolled over and copped it from the afl on this one.

imo they're looking at a 20-team competition ultimately with two divisions and a promotion/relegation system. i guess at least you would get a fairer draw that way and you could claim winning a division as some sort of silverware.

it is clearly very unpopular. the no-to-18-teams vote was running at 70 per cent in a heraldsun online poll today and a little one on saintsational this week had it at closer to 80 per cent against.

the clubs must know something we don't know. perhaps there are short-term financial incentives. money is bound to be talking somewhere.

i just think that 16 is enough already.
Last edited by bigcarl on Fri 14 Mar 2008 10:35pm, edited 1 time in total.