Its our time

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Gainzo
Club Player

Its our time

Its been a while since I've posted here. Hello to the 1 or 2 people who remember me.

I have a good feeling about this year. Barring injury we should be one of the best sides in the comp.

We have a great bunch of blokes playing footy for us who wear the jumper with pride.

We are a great footy club.

The only thing I want is a Premiership. Is that too much to ask?
Raven
Club Player

Welcome back. Not meaning to be rude but there was a very similar thread posted a few hours before yours today:

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=40796

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I reckon more than one or two would remember you Gainzo ... welcome back and keep posting ... you're one of the better ones :)

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Gainzo
Club Player

12-0 at the break? Wow.

The boys may drop a couple going forward but a top 2 finish is going to happen.

This is our year.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Gainzo wrote:12-0 at the break? Wow.

This is our year.
who knows. The ony thing we do know is that the saints will make the finals.

unless the saints stuff it all up by not winning the the next 10 games. ( :shock: . how likely is that? 1 zillion to 1.

how well we go in the finals is another matter!

Gainzo
Club Player

Gainzo wrote:12-0 at the break? Wow.

This is our year.
I hate quoting myself but after Sunday's result I'm pretty sure a top 2 finish is in the cards

I was lucky enough to actually watch the game on Sunday. I was up in New Hampshire (a state in the USA for those who don't know) on the weekend visiting a good mate of mine and as luck would have it he has DirectTV and Setanta. Setanta shows the footy over here. We didn't watch it live as it started around midnight Saturday and we both agreed not to check the result.

We put the game at noon on Sunday arvo and had 4 or 5 others watching with us. He is a Crows supporter but appreciates good footy. I was stunned by the Saints performance in the 1st quarter but wasn't surprised the Cats came back.

I nearly s*** my pants when Gardiner took that mark with 90 seconds to go.

I love this team.

It is our turn. I know there are people on the board older than me (I'll be 37 in a couple of months) but we all lived through the 80's and the teasing of the late 90's.

For all of you thinking that I should put a lid on it. F*** off!!!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yup
all i know is im saving pennies to get over for the first final the second i know who and when and where its played.
not long now....
its our turn 8-)

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:yup
all i know is im saving pennies to get over for the first final the second i know who and when and where its played.
not long now....
its our turn 8-)
As we play Sunday arvo in Round 22, I reckon you can safely check airfares for a Sunday arvo final

SURELY our prize for finishing Top 2 wouldnt be a 6 day break before our first final????????

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
matrix
Saintsational Legend

mate im nearly tempted to book the flights a few weeks early, especially if we have top sewn up come round 20ish
flights were going for 69 bucks return during the year.
last year at finals, due to such an amazing finish against the bombers i had to wait until the last week...and flights cost me between around 190 and 270 bucks.

rort.
cheaper flights means better hotel room and more buying the jiggster a beverage which i am DEFF doing this year.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Re: Its our time

Gainzo wrote:Its been a while since I've posted here. Hello to the 1 or 2 people who remember me.

I have a good feeling about this year. Barring injury we should be one of the best sides in the comp.

We have a great bunch of blokes playing footy for us who wear the jumper with pride.

We are a great footy club.
That's a great early call Gainzo, good to see yo pop up in here too, been a while. I have been saying the same thing to anyone that would listen since about round 4 or 5. Everything has seemed to go our way for a change. Lack of the "i" word for our guys, injuries for opponents in the lead up to them playing us, bugger all reports and only the one or 2 suspensions, etc. It all just feels like it's meant to be! instead of wondering if we can cover for his guy or that guy (or both) we are debating who we can shoehorn into an undefeated side 14 rounds in. As one who had a misspent youth consuming large quantities of beer in the rain on the terraces of Moorabbin whilst observing the weekly flogging, I can say that this season feels like it is ours. I have confidence in our team that no matter what is thrown at them they will respond with interest. And importantly it is team, rather than individuals that provides that confidence.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Gainzo
Club Player

20-2 with the double chance? I called it!!

The Saints are going to be in the Grand Final.

I hope everyone who posts here goes to the G on Sunday. A 6 or 7 goal win would be excellent.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Gainzo wrote:20-2 with the double chance? I called it!!

I hope everyone who posts here goes to the G on Sunday. A 6 or 7 goal win would be excellent.
Now, all you have to do, is jump on an aeroplane, book your tickets and join us!

The Saints are coming!
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Gainzo wrote:20-2 with the double chance? I called it!!

Some great early calls, I was sky high after 6 zip, never would have predicted this

I love this club
Gainzo
Club Player

I had a feeling before the season. I'm either going to be Nostradamus or just an idiot with ridiculous expectations when it's all said and done.

snoopygirl: I should have mentioned in the Greening thread that I didn't condone what happened. It was disgusting. I was just trying to point out that 90% of Collingwood fans hate St Kilda because of something that happened before they were even born. You did the right thing by locking the thread.

It's Thursday evening here in lovely Boston, Massachusetts and I'm starting the build up for the game that I will see at 12:40AM on Sunday.

----------

I have had this thing since the mid 70's!

----------

My Study.

---------

Have no idea when I got this.

Gainzo
Club Player

One game left. I believe they call it the Grand Final? :lol:

Am I an idiot? Of course I am as I've been a Saints supporter for 30 years.