Roos blasts Archie

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

Roos blasts Archie

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Aah! the spinning begins.

We should have gone throught the 'right channels'.

ttufc7
Club Player

So Roos is now running our club now?

F_Q_F
Club Player

If they hadn't raised the issue publicly than nothing would have been done about it. Well done Archie for sticking it up to the Swans I say!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

And does anybody seriously think that Archie spoke publicly without the Football Dept knowing exactly what he was going to say? :roll:

But, not to worry. Paul 'butter wouldn't melt in my mouth' Roos says he's made a couple of telephone calls and everything is o.k.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I think 'Rossy' should tell Roos to piiss off next time he calls.

'Rossy's' club's CEO is backing our players, and so should 'Rossy'. It's time for 'Rossy' to cut the umbilical cord I think.

You're not in Sydney anymore.

spert
Saintsational Legend

As Roos knows all too well, the AFL are already proactive with clubs in monitoring tunnelling tactics.

RoseInOz
Club Player

I think Rossy should learn to stand on his own 2 feet. He needs to comment on Roos remarks as far as I am concerned. Either he is with us or he is not.
The players and supporters of St Kilda are what matter Rossy, not the Sydney football coach or team.

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

[quote="RoseInOz"]I think Rossy should learn to stand on his own 2 feet. He needs to comment on Roos remarks as far as I am concerned. Either he is with us or he is not.
The players and supporters of St Kilda are what matter Rossy, not the Sydney football coach or team.[/quote

To me this is all a media beat-up following Fraser's original comments. I've read the Age, the Australian and the Hun today and nowhere has Archie implied that anyone was trying to hurt Roo. He has simply raised tunnelling as an issue and said that if it continues, someone's going to get badly hurt.
Roos and Sydney are being over-sensitive. It's a legitimate issue and the Saints have stuck up for their player and made a complaint to the AFL through the 'proper channels'.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

RoseInOz wrote:I think Rossy should learn to stand on his own 2 feet. He needs to comment on Roos remarks as far as I am concerned. Either he is with us or he is not.
The players and supporters of St Kilda are what matter Rossy, not the Sydney football coach or team.
Rossy doesn't have to do anything. If he responds now he is just playing into Roos' hands and, IMHO, that is what Roos has attempted to do today.
He is trying to 'control' this before it gets too much deeper and he is called to account for his team/player actions.

GrumpyOne

Mr Magic wrote:
RoseInOz wrote:I think Rossy should learn to stand on his own 2 feet. He needs to comment on Roos remarks as far as I am concerned. Either he is with us or he is not.
Rossy doesn't have to do anything. If he responds now he is just playing into Roos' hands and, IMHO, that is what Roos has attempted to do today.
He is trying to 'control' this before it gets too much deeper and he is called to account for his team/player actions.
Agreed.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Roos is annoyed. He's been trying to perfect this cheating tactic all summer to nullify tall forwards and now it may all be for nothing.

Cheat more.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

RL dosent need to say anymore at all! FFS, we have a premiership contending team here and a entire season to concentrate on! First things first, we need to thump Carlton Sat night. Cause if we go down, all hell is going to break loose.

Lets not let another insignificant issue (in the greater scheme of things) get us sidetracked AGAIN. ALA siren gate, whispers in the skies, trips to the movies and all that s***. It should be ALL about the two hours on the park for the next six months, very important. I believe its called focus. Dont need to be falling into the same traps that have bitten us fair on the nads in the last few years IMO.

RoseInOz
Club Player

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... ,26576,234

"ST KILDA says its tunnelling claims were not an attack on the Sydney Swans.

The Saints yesterday sent a video to the AFL which highlighted their concern over "tunnelling" tactics used against key forward Nick Riewoldt.

“I’ve spoken to (Swans CEO) Myles Baron-Hay today and our clubs continue to have a good relationship,â€

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
StSteven
Club Player

We need to play this carefully or Roo is going to end up looking like a "protected species" or a whinger and sook. The opposition will get into his head even more than they do now.

Sam23
SS Life Member

why do we care if their is a perception that Riewoldt is a whinger or a sook.

We know he isn't.

He's a f****** champion

Goddard.
Apu
Club Player

A potentially dangerous situation occured numerous times during the game without so much as a free kick given. EVERY defender watching that game would be tempted to use those tactics, some of the dirtier ones would go the next step and actually do it. By formally raising this issue we have sent the message to all 16 clubs that THIS IS NOT OK. An informal "chat" between coaches would NOT achieve this.

IMO the St Kilda Board is 100% correct on this.
-It is not their concern if media beats up the story unnecessarily
-It is not their concern if Paul Roos or Craig Bolton are "Offended" by us raising the issue with the AFL
-It is not their concern if some idiots on bigfooty or bomberblitz view St Kilda as being soft

Their concern is the safety and well being of our players, and in this regard they did a stellar job.

Saintsational Legend

It's ironic how Paul Roos claims he's never heard the term "Tunelling" when he lived here he was a fairly decent basketballer.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

ROOS and Sydney protected species!

As soon as any heat comes their way doesn't he sook. I used to respect ROOS as a man of integrity but he is quickly losing that! If what he says about Ross LYON's comments are true - then Ross needs to seriously reassess where his loyalties lie also!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
casey scorp
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
I think he does have to respond. The term "Rossy" is demeaning and patronising, and cleverly intended to be so. Ross Lyon needs to simply say that:

• he fully supports the comments of Archie Fraser
• AF's comments were made with his knowledge and concurrence.

Simple as that.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Can't believe that people are seriously thinking that Lyons isn't behind our players 100%. As if the club are going to announce to the media that Rossy & Roos have had a huge falling out over this. :roll: What is being reported (about everything being rosy) is probably only 40% correct.

casey scorp
Club Player

snoopygirl wrote:Can't believe that people are seriously thinking that Lyons isn't behind our players 100%. As if the club are going to announce to the media that Rossy & Roos have had a huge falling out over this. :roll: What is being reported (about everything being rosy) is probably only 40% correct.
Is that rosy, rossy or roosy?

The Peanut
Club Player

RL has always been known as Rossy in Sydney from what I understand (as in Roosy and Rossy) and its a term of endearment - not to put him down. RL and PR are friends for crying out loud - they don't have to hate each to do their job properly.

There is no reason to go overboard on protecting RL, AF or anyone else.

The club has put the argument forward, the press have run with it which helps ensure that the AFL formally considers it. Roosy got a bit upset - end of story.

The press may continue this in tomorrows papers but after the team sheets come out or someone is caught pissing in public they'll have something else to talk about.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/b ... 05812.html

most would have seen this already i presume.

"No, definitely not," said Bolton when asked if the Sydney defenders had worked on pushing into their opponents as they marked, something Saints chief executive Archie Fraser claims endangered Riewoldt. "Sometimes you back into a contest and it happens [an opponent will flip over] but if the insinuation is that you are trying to do that or hurt him, then no way."

i actually didnt see him backing into any contest. :?
i saw him prop and push under his opponent.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I think 'Rossy' should tell Roos to piiss off next time he calls.

'Rossy's' club's CEO is backing our players, and so should 'Rossy'. It's time for 'Rossy' to cut the umbilical cord I think.

You're not in Sydney anymore.
Agree entirely.