38,000+, how many were sainters??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

38,000+, how many were sainters??

bulldogs home game, i understand but seriously where were the saints fans last night?

at the game i was surrounded by bulldogs, walking to and from i was again surrounded by bulldogs, and during the game all the noise was coming from THE FING BULLDOGS..

seriously saints fans get vocal !!!!

If we have the same sort of crowd involvement next week, look out!

we need to encourage, cheer you know the primary role of a supporter is to SUPPORT! even in our dominant 1st quarter i didn't hear a peep from the cheer squad and i sat above them, all we get is a few moans and the od woooooooooooooooooo. FFS its a disgrace..

*end rant*

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: 38,000+, how many were sainters??

fonz_#15 wrote:bulldogs home game, i understand but seriously where were the saints fans last night?

at the game i was surrounded by bulldogs, walking to and from i was again surrounded by bulldogs, and during the game all the noise was coming from THE FING BULLDOGS..

seriously saints fans get vocal !!!!

If we have the same sort of crowd involvement next week, look out!

we need to encourage, cheer you know the primary role of a supporter is to SUPPORT! even in our dominant 1st quarter i didn't hear a peep from the cheer squad and i sat above them, all we get is a few moans and the od woooooooooooooooooo. FFS its a disgrace..

*end rant*

The saints supporters seem to have a real problem going to away games even though they are at Telstra Dome or the G. Has been happening for years but this year maybe worse as Iget the feeling people dont like the way we play and who can blame them. It is a terrible style of footy.

People say if we win who cares but what happens when we lose. It looks shocking at the ground. And if you want proof people are struggling with the style look at membership. Coming off a good base this year and the best start to the season you can have you would have thought we would have broken records already but we are no where near it.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I think plugger has the answer right there mate, spot on. Its a very boring and painful style to watch. Us die hards will grin and bare it, as hard as it is, but the fair weather "supporters" wont! Just wont happen. Not a nice thought for the future is it?

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

modern day football sucks, just flat out sucks, i am sick of athletes trying to play a game that requires skill, coaching tactics that are just flat out negative, and rules and interpretations that continue to myth everybody.

our style of football is crap, but i worry about the future of the competition which is continuing to look more like basketball, non contact s***!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:modern day football sucks, just flat out sucks, i am sick of athletes trying to play a game that requires skill, coaching tactics that are just flat out negative, and rules and interpretations that continue to myth everybody.

our style of football is crap, but i worry about the future of the competition which is continuing to look more like basketball, non contact s***!!
Got to disagree. I reckon the last 2 years of footy has been fantastic. Dont get confused by how we play and other sides play.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Well these days you have to be a athlete first, good footballer/FOOTBALL THINKER distant second. They figure they can teach you that. Maybe to some small degree, but its lrgely a INSTINCT thing. You cant teach instinct.

Anyway, Although I sort of agree with your post, I think there is some great footy that can still be watched. I mean look at how Geelong play. Thats they way foward. Fast exciting footy, always looking to move the ball foward, backing yourself in, taking chances etc... ala us in 04/05 anyone?

Hawthorn as well. Essendon will get there in a few years, anyway thats beside the point, there style is exciting.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:modern day football sucks, just flat out sucks, i am sick of athletes trying to play a game that requires skill, coaching tactics that are just flat out negative, and rules and interpretations that continue to myth everybody.

Got to disagree. I reckon the last 2 years of footy has been fantastic. Dont get confused by how we play and other sides play.
some of the free-flowing, rebounding, attractive footy the likes of geelong, west coast etc have played over the last few years has been great, no doubt, what i cant stand is how our game is turning into a non-contact sport.

remember when a defender could actually put pressure on a forward in a marking contest? or when the umpires had some clue on the laws of the game...

demetriou has made football into a non contact sport and it s***s me up the wall.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

some of the free-flowing, rebounding, attractive footy the likes of geelong, west coast etc have played over the last few years has been great, no doubt, what i cant stand is how our game is turning into a non-contact sport.

remember when a defender could actually put pressure on a forward in a marking contest? or when the umpires had some clue on the laws of the game...

demetriou has made football into a non contact sport and it s***s me up the wall.
Has nothing to do with AD unless he coaches 16 sides.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Boring gameplan from Ross Lyon results in boredom and apathy from the stkilda fans.

Thus, you get no vocal support.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

brown-coat wrote:Boring gameplan from Ross Lyon results in boredom and apathy from the stkilda fans.

Thus, you get no vocal support.
To be honest. I find it hard to find something to cheer about when we're chipping it in defence, someone makes a mistake which results in a direct goal.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

It's the path to implosion.

Wake up to it Ross.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Heres an idea to get the Saints fans making some noise...

We give up a 37 point quarter-time lead to Geelong next week..then run them down play explosive, high-adrenaline fast exciting football. We win going away by..ohh about 40??

Watch the Dome roof land out in the bay if that happens

We just need something to get excited about!!!!!!!!!!!11

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
ace
Saintsational Legend

38,000 but there was hardly any room left in a ground that can hold 55,000.
So much of Telstra Dome is given over to season long club or AFL reserve seating and worst of all full fixture based reserved seating.
Did anyone see more than a handfull of spectators in the Medallion club reserve on level 2 west.
These seats are reserved for all matches whether the owners club is playing or not.
Then to make matters worse Access One - level 2 east has created a similar all matches reserve seating at the front of Access One seating known as Access One Premium.
These seating arrangements are not designed to create maximum crowds, they are designed to create maximum revenue.
Away club spectators are forced to take seats way up in level 3 outer space or stay at home and watch on television.

The AFL and Telstra Dome do not care about football or spectators.
All they care about is the bottom line and their own million dollar pay cheques.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:38,000 but there was hardly any room left in a ground that can hold 55,000.
So much of Telstra Dome is given over to season long club or AFL reserve seating and worst of all full fixture based reserved seating.
Did anyone see more than a handfull of spectators in the Medallion club reserve on level 2 west.
These seats are reserved for all matches whether the owners club is playing or not.
Then to make matters worse Access One - level 2 east has created a similar all matches reserve seating at the front of Access One seating known as Access One Premium.
These seating arrangements are not designed to create maximum crowds, they are designed to create maximum revenue.
Away club spectators are forced to take seats way up in level 3 outer space or stay at home and watch on television.

The AFL and Telstra Dome do not care about football or spectators.
All they care about is the bottom line and their own million dollar pay cheques.
So there was people who couldnt get in then.

esaint66
SS Life Member

The whole dock side wing was red, white and black and i didnt hear anything from that whole wing all night.

No saints voice at all, couldnt hear anyone calling out for ball or free kicks that were obviously there.

We need more fanatics and less just casual supporters. People that are going to pay for all 16 games in melbourne but if not they will still come and shout till there voice is hoarse.

Next weeks game is a home game so every member better show up becuase i think we our players lift with the voice of the crowd and we are up against geelong so :shock: gett out there sainters, be proud, be loud

mick13
Club Player

I remember in the 2nd quarter when the dogs were rallying and there were free kicks pulled left, right and centre. The crowd was going fkn mental, and it was hardly St. Kilda supporters. The cries when they had a free kick paid against compared to ours were massive, the atmposhpere was fkn intense then, wish I could have gone...well, maybe not. ;)

esaint66
SS Life Member

When we kicked goals in the last quarter no sainter around me made a f****n sound and everyone gave me a dirty look as if to say wtf are you doing.

:? its the footy people. Get loud and get proud.

hilairehinshelwood
Club Player

It's up to the team to get their supporters shouting, afterall we pay to see them play, and they don't pay us to cheer.
I do respond to what is going on in the play and so do most supporters, if saints had the night the doggies had i would be shouting and jumping out of my seat.
As it turned out nothing to cheer in that display for 3/4's and i never understand how consolation goals are cheered enthusiatically when your team has been hammered, beyond comprehension. So to force people to artificially cheer enthusiatically ruins the spectacle and atmosphere as it doesn't relate to what is going on the ground. You could end up as in serie A Italy, with an ultras knob with a megaphone trying to gee up the crowd, droning on throughtout the match. It detracts from the atmosphere, If you want to force people to cheer then go to a dictatorship and work for kim jong in north korea.

On the topic of Saint's fans not turning up, thats the difference in a 11 and 16 game membership a stupid concept. Should only have memberships that get you in for all 16, and have a price between the 2 memberships. i have an AFL membership so i hardly notice if it's an away or home fixture as it's played in the same place. The bulldogs game was a bigger game, than the first 2 saints games, but i was surrounded by bulldogs fans level 3 aisle 12.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

saint edward wrote:The whole dock side wing was red, white and black and i didnt hear anything from that whole wing all night.
Clearly you weren't sitting near me then. I was on that side, and I was making a fair bit of noise ...

esaint66
SS Life Member

St DAC wrote:
saint edward wrote:The whole dock side wing was red, white and black and i didnt hear anything from that whole wing all night.
Clearly you weren't sitting near me then. I was on that side, and I was making a fair bit of noise ...

I had an overview of the whole ground and im commenting more on the whole wing making noise as a whole as apposed to individuals such as yourself, but i dont doubt you were making noise, so was i.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

It was a shyte crowd.

Here's why.....on Satuday arvo, 39,000 turned up the watch the Dawks vs North also at TD - hardly big crowd pulling material.

Consider also we played on a Friday night - which normally always has a bigger drawing power than Sat. arvo, both us and the Doggies were undefeated, and all we can get is a piss weak 38K crowd!

Something is wrong indeed.

The game should've drawn 5K more.

Where were they?

Maybe plugger is onto something......

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

From my sick bed watching on TV at home, there was barely any noise from the Sainters, even in the first qusrter.

When we scored goals, the level of booing from the Dogs rolled over our cheers like we were at Subi or AAMI.

Not good enough at all, IMHO.

Duggie
Club Player

Exactly as I read it riccardo :lol:

A Saint Forever!
The Peanut
Club Player

With the bulldogs having 8,000 of last years members unsigned I was surprised at how many doggies fans were at the match compared to Sainters and how much more vocal they were - I was quite embarrassed once the doggies started putting on goals as I am not usually very vocal at the footy myself and very little happened for me to start up from then on - but I will remember this match as lesson to me for sitting on my hands.

spert
Saintsational Legend

How are our membership numbers doing so far under the saviour of the club. Mr Westaway.?