What was your pre-season prediction for the Saints in 2008?

NeXuss

What was your pre-season prediction for the Saints in 2008?

I predicted 10 wins for 2008 which would give us a ladder finsh of around 11th. However I also said that if we had no major injuries we had the capacity to win 14 games which could almost place us in the top 4.

What did you predict?

I predicted that another incarnation of the nexus beast would emerge on this forum and spread negativity amongst us true believers.

How'd I go?

NeXuss

GrumpyOne wrote:I predicted that another incarnation of the nexus beast would emerge on this forum and spread negativity amongst us true believers.

How'd I go?
You went well but you did not answer the question.

i thought top 4 and i still think it. it is simply a matter of the confidence clicking in and getting on a bit of a roll.

it might not start this week, but it will start

NeXuss wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:I predicted that another incarnation of the nexus beast would emerge on this forum and spread negativity amongst us true believers.

How'd I go?
Yes I did.

Perhaps you should make your question a bit more specific.

NeXuss wrote:

How'd I go?
bugger off

its scary you have children nexus

More troll scum, piss off.

I picked us to win the flag, but now I realise we have an overated list and a crap coach, I now see us battling it out with Melbourne for 15th spot...
Is that what you were looking for?

riccardo

Isn't there a way to permanently ban Nexus and all his incarnations? :?

What's with all the aggro guys? Perfectly reasonable question.

For mine, before the season I didn't think that we'd make it into the top 8. Now I reckon we're a sure thing for top 4.

NOW HOW ABOUT YOU BUGGER OFF BACK TO THAT CAVE YOU LIVE IN NEXAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRSEEEEEEEEE? :evil: :shock:

Wollongong_saint

Man there is a lot of aggression in this forum.......I always thought Saints fans were above that type of behaviour, why don't we leave that up to scummy Collingwood and Essendon fans?

Having millions of posts doesn't make you a bigger fan, nor does it make your opinion any more valid. It just means you click your computer mouse a lot and spend a lot of time on internet forums. Some of you really need an ego check.

Blind faith is dangerous anyway, questioning the status quo is entirely healthy.

Wollongong_saint wrote:Man there is a lot of aggression in this forum.......I always thought Saints fans were above that type of behaviour, why don't we leave that up to scummy Collingwood and Essendon fans?

Having millions of posts doesn't make you a bigger fan, nor does it make your opinion any more valid. It just means you click your computer mouse a lot and spend a lot of time on internet forums. Some of you really need an ego check.

Blind faith is dangerous anyway, questioning the status quo is entirely healthy.
I think you need to understand that certain trolls have come in the past, pushing agenda's and would change their nick every now and then when they got banned. Thus the reaction to OP

13 wins plus a draw, placed 5th or 6th depending on percentage. No more capitulations guys.

Furphy

At the end of last season, I thought we were on a downward spiral and we blew our chances for a flag in '04 and '05. But with some very good recruiting (the club really did well with what was available) I easilly see us in the top four. Just hope they learned a valuable lesson from last Friday!

you can always tell when st kilda has lost a game when nexxus comes on with his 'what do you think' and 'I really care' posts.

he's like frikken leach who gets off on peoples misery.

he's the sort of person you'd find wondering around the oncology department at a hospital to feel good about themselves. :evil:

had it been a legitimate question, from almost anyone else, including some of our less annoying hawthorn and collingwood troll i might have ignored or just posted a response.

nexus has been on and around for several years, posting on posts when we are down.

doesn't show their face went st kilda are riding high, but loves to come in around the melbourne victory in 06, or the thrashing we received early last season, come good form, this poster vanishers like a gossamer wind.

many sainters here have views for or against this issue or that, but all of us want us to succeed, and express our anger in different ways.

nexxus would be one of the very few posters who want us to fail, and fail badly soe they can come on the next day and post their shyte stirs.

NeXuss

Dan Warna wrote:you can always tell when st kilda has lost a game when nexxus comes on with his 'what do you think' and 'I really care' posts.

he's like frikken leach who gets off on peoples misery.

he's the sort of person you'd find wondering around the oncology department at a hospital to feel good about themselves. :evil:

had it been a legitimate question, from almost anyone else, including some of our less annoying hawthorn and collingwood troll i might have ignored or just posted a response.

nexus has been on and around for several years, posting on posts when we are down.

doesn't show their face went st kilda are riding high, but loves to come in around the melbourne victory in 06, or the thrashing we received early last season, come good form, this poster vanishers like a gossamer wind.

many sainters here have views for or against this issue or that, but all of us want us to succeed, and express our anger in different ways.

nexxus would be one of the very few posters who want us to fail, and fail badly soe they can come on the next day and post their shyte stirs.
That is so not true Dan. Are you aware I was a member for 25 straight years? As of this year though, I am no longer a member!!

NeXuss wrote:That is so not true Dan. Are you aware I was a member for 25 straight years? As of this year though, I am no longer a member!!
So it took you 25 years to work out that you didn't support the Saints?

And why are they straight years? Are you homophobic as well?

NeXuss wrote: years? As of this year though, I am no longer a member!!
I've read your posts over the past few years, and you gloat when st kilda fail.

folks who are for or against timmy, for or against GT, for or against Lyon for or against RB, for or against westaway and EVERYTHING in between have been ultimately for st kilda.

you are on here like a buzzard crowing when st kilda fail.

i've argued with heaps of folks here over dozens of issues, but it was always what we perceived as the best way forward for st kilda, some thought, A, somethought B.

you are the only person who consistently comes here when things go bad. where have you been in the previuous months during st kilda's moderate preseason form? and its first 2 wins?

first loss and you start posting.

jeez your a shocker, and a track record going back years on this form.