Dermott or Kermit

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rexy
SS Life Member

Dermott or Kermit

Either way Brereton is a muppet.

If the saints are to win a flag this year then Harvey will be a bench player, he knows that and we know that. His job will be to give our prime midfielders a quality chop out and his strengths will be his gut running, footy smarts and quality use over short distances.

He will not be a 30 plus posession winner on average, although he will still have the odd exceptional game, I have no doubt.

Just because the kid finished his career a burnt out hack who could not get a kick or have an impact anymore does not mean that Banger will do the same.

By the way, I consider Brereton to be one of the best big game players I have ever seen.

Maybe this year?
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Dummitt has been receiving personal tuition on how to be controversial from;
Patrick Smith !!

esaint66
SS Life Member

Dermott Brereton.....

What an egotistical Pr**k, just take a look at him how can you take him seriously.

If he didnt play in that hawks team of the 80's and early 90's nobody would even know who he was and he would have never gone to collingwood or sydney because they would have thought why would we want a hack like him.

As for bagging harvey. Mate what are you on. Take premierships out of the equation (although harvs should have at least 1) and harvey would trample dermotts permed mullett and his pretty boy face into the turf

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Dermott's last few years in the game are the benchmark of what not to do.

He was one of the best of all time and should've gone out a one club Hawthorn player.

Now it seems he knows this, is pissed off by it and wants to shaft all players at the end of their careers. He made similar comments last year early on about Glenn Archer.

In any case, what does Dermott's opinion really count for? Zip.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Dummitt has been receiving personal tuition on how to be controversial from;
Patrick Smith !!
I'm sure he gets enough advice on that from his work colleague, Thomas who surrounds himself in controversy like no other,

but then you'd never say that would you :roll:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Was disappointed not to see a controversial grab from Thomas on Footy Classified this week. Very unusual.

As for Dermie, I think he was controversial long before Thomas entered the AFL controversial fray.

Rayden Tallis rings a bell. Billy Duckworth. And those stupid green boots.

Whatever happened to black boots? They are totally in the minority these days. <off topic>

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Dermott's last few years in the game are the benchmark of what not to do.

He was one of the best of all time and should've gone out a one club Hawthorn player.

Now it seems he knows this, is pissed off by it and wants to shaft all players at the end of their careers. He made similar comments last year early on about Glenn Archer.

In any case, what does Dermott's opinion really count for? Zip.
Spot on SENsaintsational...he's trying to highlight other champions nearing the end so as to deflect attention from what was the most embarrassing and pitiful end to an excellent AFL career that was his. He's the poster boy for hanging on too long, he's still trying to relive the glory years through his hairstyle today! Let it go "Dial a quote" Dermie...try reading the weather again, you're a putrid football commentator.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

What am I missing here?

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Bit cryptic there Riccardo.

You could be missing some extra follicles on your head, for a start! :wink:

I'll assume you are unaware of Dermott's further comments about Robert Harvey that were aired on Footy Classified on Monday night. He reaffirmed his position that RB should've retired last year and is currently playing like a 45yo.

In a nutshell.