Our Chant

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Behind Play
Club Player

Our Chant

There is nothing more embarrassing than the piss weak chant we carry on with each week - lets go sainter, lets go.
Let us have a look at chants from all over and try and use it to stir our boys up.

One suggestion is.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

This has been posted before and of course I loathe Tottenham but this is brilliant.......

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
esaint66
SS Life Member

As much as i like these ones ive just always thought that football is too fast to be able to have chants with.

Soccer is just so slow that it needs something like firms and chants to spice it up a bit :wink:

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Can't really chant during the game, I think, it dosen't really lend itself to that. Besides, these days we can barely raise a cheer after goals anymore, let alone an involved chant during general play.

saint edward, I will lend you a copy of the Victorys semi and grand final victories from 2007, slow game my rear end.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:Can't really chant during the game, I think, it dosen't really lend itself to that. Besides, these days we can barely raise a cheer after goals anymore, let alone an involved chant during general play.

saint edward, I will lend you a copy of the Victorys semi and grand final victories from 2007, slow game my rear end.
You dont need chants at the footy because there is action all time. Soccer needs them because most games are boring. I love it when they talk at about the atmophere at soccer but never the game. In footy we talk about the game which is exciting not the stupid atmophere.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

This Saturday leading up to the opening bounce !!

St Kilda, clap clap clap

St Kilda, clap clap clap

St Kilda, clap clap clap

This chant will be eminating from

Cheersquad

Level 1 around Aisle 36

Social Club Area

Moorabbin Wing

who's with us on this one? !!

esaint66
SS Life Member

riccardo wrote:saint edward, I will lend you a copy of the Victorys semi and grand final victories from 2007, slow game my rear end.

Nah dw about it i think i will be right :lol:

Ive seen enough soccer to have my own mind made up about it and it just doesnt have the certain thing that apeals to me and in my mind that is speed and physical. plus i cant handle divers (that is why im not a fan of carltons i.e fevola)

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

i think in between qrt time and 2nd qrt and even whilst the boys are running onto the ground, it would be amazing too hear the chant similar to spurs, selhurst saint.

Go saints in '09!
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

I love our game, but I actually have an open mind to other sports, which is why I enjoy soccer, it is far more tactically minded and absorbing than most AFL games can ever be.

Its your decision to miss out by staying a one sport fan, but don't bag out something you don't even try to understand, its unfair.

luke.l_26
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:This Saturday leading up to the opening bounce !!

St Kilda, clap clap clap

St Kilda, clap clap clap

St Kilda, clap clap clap

This chant will be eminating from

Cheersquad

Level 1 around Aisle 36

Social Club Area

Moorabbin Wing

who's with us on this one? !!
I like.
I'm definitely in the MW this week, so we'll give it a good hard crack, i'm sure.

MWL - Blinding footy players on the field since 2003
esaint66
SS Life Member

riccardo wrote:I love our game, but I actually have an open mind to other sports, which is why I enjoy soccer, it is far more tactically minded and absorbing than most AFL games can ever be.

Its your decision to miss out by staying a one sport fan, but don't bag out something you don't even try to understand, its unfair.

I ahve tryed to understand soccer, i was een a passionate EPL dan, but in the end my heart wasn't in it.

And please dont assume that i am a 1 sport fan because i am most definately not.

I have a kiwi family so we are big on rugby union, league and cricket and i also love many other sporst but you cant like everything even you ric would have to admit that.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:
riccardo wrote:I love our game, but I actually have an open mind to other sports, which is why I enjoy soccer, it is far more tactically minded and absorbing than most AFL games can ever be.

I ahve tryed to understand soccer, i was een a passionate EPL dan, but in the end my heart wasn't in it.

And please dont assume that i am a 1 sport fan because i am most definately not.

I have a kiwi family so we are big on rugby union, league and cricket and i also love many other sporst but you cant like everything even you ric would have to admit that.
i myself arent a one sport person,

i love cricket tennis soccer, swimming footy

luke.l_26
SS Hall of Fame

saint edward wrote:

ric doesn'r like cricket. i know that for a fact, when i tried talking about the cricket at the start of a football season once. haha.

Ahh. I don't mind soccer... It's more of a "did my team win" kinda game... I'll watch it occasionally. it's more entertaining to watch the crowd than anything else most days.

AFL just doesn't need to have constant chants going all the time (I know it's been said before) Aussie rules is by far more exciting (most of the time) and chanting constantly allthe time could become more annoying than achieve anything.

MWL - Blinding footy players on the field since 2003
Miss Saints
Club Player

I like chants, and I'm disappointed that we don't have many interesting Saints chants- like "st kilda clap clap clap", or the one mentioned above "lets go Sainters let's go"... Just seems so unimaginative. I agree footy is pretty fast, but surely it's not faster than basketball, and they do cheers there? lol I'm a cheerleader, so maybe I'm biased!

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

St,kilda clap calp is ALL that is needed and there should be more of it. Anyone rememeber moorabbin? Now that was the s***! Thats what we want/need.

Not this seriously embarssing childish rediculous shitty Lets go sainters lets go woo woo BS. Seriously, its LAME!! :twisted:

I think we have too many kid supporters, or not enough adults, or not enough passionate adults. ....or something! :D

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

plugger66 wrote:
riccardo wrote:Can't really chant during the game, I think, it dosen't really lend itself to that. Besides, these days we can barely raise a cheer after goals anymore, let alone an involved chant during general play.

You dont need chants at the footy because there is action all time. Soccer needs them because most games are boring. I love it when they talk at about the atmophere at soccer but never the game. In footy we talk about the game which is exciting not the stupid atmophere.
You obviously didn't see Liverpool v Arsenal this morning. Much more exciting than the dross the Saints serve up last 2 years.

esaint66
SS Life Member

Little Dozer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You obviously didn't see Liverpool v Arsenal this morning. Much more exciting than the dross the Saints serve up last 2 years.

Yeah, because there was actually domr goals 4-2. :roll: :lol:

steph
Club Player

plugger66 - spot on!

i've been to one soccer game in my life, and when i started complaing how rubbish it was, my friend who loves soccer said "it gets good at the 60 minute mark"....why? cos that when they started chanting......even they get bored of the game and need to amuse themselves..

when you're at the footy, u dont have time to chant. your eyes dont leave the field. its about the footy, not the stupid dreary chants that goes on at soccer (and sydney games).[/quote]

Behind Play
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Last weeks game was so exciting!!!!
Maybe we may have got the boys going.

Behind Play
Club Player

will keep going ...........lets go sainters, lets go

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote:This has been posted before and of course I loathe Tottenham but this is brilliant.......

sorry to tell you, but the cheer squad isnt made up of 6500 male drunks!
we have 400 members, but only get given 200 seats each week.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
Selhurst Saint wrote:This has been posted before and of course I loathe Tottenham but this is brilliant.......

In combined weight they are

The reson I believe soccer chants are so good is because they have nothing else to cheer all game apart from 3 goals max.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:

I understand that Dools, but why is it so difficult for the Cheer Squad to understand that the rest of us Saints fans (not just those on Saintsational) find the 'Let's go Sainters' chant ineffective and boring?

Surely you and other members of the Cheer Squad know by now the almost universal dislike of this chant felt by the supporters. And yet, it continues?

I also understand that the match day Cheer Squad contains lots of young girls, but what I don't understand is why the 'sound level' of the Cheer Squad seems so tame compared to everybody else (except Freo) at teh Dome? I sit in section 38 (on the wing) and I can tell you, that at every game, the opposition Cheer Squad is much, much louder.

This is meant to be constructive criticism because I would love to hear our 'Cheer Squad' fire up the crowd. But it's not going to happen whilst you keep chanting 'Let's go Sainters' at the low volume level that it currently is.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

our cheer squad must be one of the worst in the league, they've been "beaten" by the Swans, Blues and Doggies already

the worst thing is that they appear to be closed to all kinds of constructive critisism and ideas to improve themselves (cos theres alot of improving to be done)

and please tell me Saintooley that it wasn't you wearing red-ish shorts while doing the banner....

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:our cheer squad must be one of the worst in the league, they've been "beaten" by the Swans, Blues and Doggies already

the worst thing is that they appear to be closed to all kinds of constructive critisism and ideas to improve themselves (cos theres alot of improving to be done)

and please tell me Saintooley that it wasn't you wearing red-ish shorts while doing the banner....
shorts?
no
i would rather the hairs on my legs not have ice cubes attached to them, so thats why i wear jeans :wink:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."