Nearest the pin - Geelong suspensions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

my les foote
Club Player

Nearest the pin - Geelong suspensions

Taylor or was it West on X. Deliberately took out a player who wasn't watching him and wasn't involved in play. Had to be worse than the Baker Farmer incident which ended up being seven weeks

Mooney with his trip of Montagna. Worse than Kosi's on Licuria a few years back which got two weeks

Gamble's punch to Dal Santo's jaw. Much harder than Gehrig's tap to the stomach of one of the Clokes. Did Fraser get two weeks for that?

Adding them all up, I'll say it will come to a total of zero weeks.

Win it for HIM!
Hawkesbury Saint
Club Player

If there aren't three changes to Geelong this week then the system will destroy the game.

It will become too easy just to take players out (ala West on Clarke) to reduce the efficiency of the rotations.

If there aren't three geelong outs this week, just watch the snippers come out and take out the man for the sake of a win. That's not footy anymore. That's just thuggery and the biggest thugs win. Hardly a spectacle. I can watch that crap outside the local pub if I'm interested.

Saints Footy - Let all others follow.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

There are few surer things in football.....

Seriously, I reckon Mooney will get one week for the trip, and the guy who hit Dal will be cited but get no suspension because of prior good record or whatever. West will get 2-3 weeks and win on appeal because X will be deemed to be at fault for not being sufficiently aware.

If West had pulled out a machine gun and shot X, there would presumably have been no case to answer because X should have had more awareness of what was going on around him.

The entire TV commentary team this arvo focused solely on how far away the ball was. The fact that it was a deliberate (or, at least, reckless) elbow to the head of a player who didn't have the ball apparently didn't enter into it.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Wollongong_saint
Club Player

They'll all go.....with Mooney's record let's hope he is gone for a LONG time. Dirty Dirty player.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

meher baba wrote:There are few surer things in football.....

Seriously, I reckon Mooney will get one week for the trip, and the guy who hit Dal will be cited but get no suspension because of prior good record or whatever. West will get 2-3 weeks and win on appeal because X will be deemed to be at fault for not being sufficiently aware.
Spot on.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

If West had pulled out a machine gun and shot X, there would presumably have been no case to answer because X should have had more awareness of what was going on around him.

The entire TV commentary team this arvo focused solely on how far away the ball was. The fact that it was a deliberate (or, at least, reckless) elbow to the head of a player who didn't have the ball apparently didn't enter into it.
The umpire was right there for the X hit. He made no call at all. I didn't see what happened...was it caught on camera?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

there was another incident as well...kossi tummy taped a girlong mongrel only to get a harder one back whilst he was lying on the ground..

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
kalsaint
Club Player

Life Long Saint wrote:

The umpire was right there for the X hit. He made no call at all. I didn't see what happened...was it caught on camera?
Replayed several times on TV. If this was Bakes giving this, it would be 7 weeks for sure. But its Geelong so expect = 0 weeks

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nearest the pin - Geelong suspensions

my les foote wrote:Taylor or was it West on X. Deliberately took out a player who wasn't watching him and wasn't involved in play. Had to be worse than the Baker Farmer incident which ended up being seven weeks - deemed in play no case to answer for

Mooney with his trip of Montagna. Worse than Kosi's on Licuria a few years back which got two weeks - deemed done just on instinct and with mooney turn around from being a naughty player to good boy now no case to answer
Gamble's punch to Dal Santo's jaw. Much harder than Gehrig's tap to the stomach of one of the Clokes. Did Fraser get two weeks for that? - not an integral part of the geelong team and no real history to his name given a one week smack on the wrist
Adding them all up, I'll say it will come to a total of zero weeks.
stinger wrote:there was another incident as well...kossi tummy taped a girlong mongrel only to get a harder one back whilst he was lying on the ground.. - Kosi will be reprimanded and with his track record will get a 2 week cause we are about to get Baker back allowance

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Seriously we need some of our players to lift in this department, need to make them feel scared to go on the ground!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

the hit on X that umpire NUMBER 21, needs to f*** off, he is a shame to the game all he did was walk off, when x was down for all he knew he could have been dead, should have heard the chant 'YOU ARE A WANKER'

bozza1980
Club Player

ralphysaints35 wrote:the hit on X that umpire NUMBER 21, needs to f*** off, he is a shame to the game all he did was walk off, when x was down for all he knew he could have been dead, should have heard the chant 'YOU ARE A WANKER'
It was shocking, the whole reason for a third umpire is to spot these infringements. Regardless of whether it is or isn't a reportable offence it definetely warranted a free kick as it was a sheppard more than 10m from the ball.

Further is it just me or do Geelong players have an extraordinarilly long time to dispose of the ball when tackled?? Stokes in the middle of the ground (granted after we meekly turned over the ball) turned around 100 times before handballing.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

well for starters....baker didnt get seven weeks for his hit on farmer Les Foote.

bozza1980
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:well for starters....baker didnt get seven weeks for his hit on farmer Les Foote.
True he got 4 and weighting for a poor record increased it to 7.

I disagree that what he did deserved 4 in the first place, but you are 100% correct the tribunal did not issue Baker with a 7 match ban for that incident.

SainterX1
Club Player

Did anyone see the incident in the third quarter with play on the outer wing and I think it was Gilbert running 10 metres behind Gamble on the other wing. Gamble stopped, turned and coathangered Gilbert, putting him on the ground.

The emergency umpire went out to Gamble about half a minute later and looked at his number, but I haven't seen if he actually reported him.

Interested if anyone else saw it as it was about 80 metres off the ball.

Also, after the half time siren, as the players were walking off the ground, Mooney was walking behind Gilbert and hit him in the back of the head. It wasn't a hard hit, but was harder than some of these tummy taps they're getting suspended for these days (unless you play for Sydney)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mooney one week but repremand if pleads guilty. West 2 weeks one if pleads guilty. Same for Gamble. That is how i see it but who knows and in my case I dont care because we dont play them next week.

bozza1980
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Mooney one week but repremand if pleads guilty. West 2 weeks one if pleads guilty. Same for Gamble. That is how i see it but who knows and in my case I dont care because we dont play them next week.
I'm with you, free kicks on the day would have been more satisfying than seeing somebody else play Geelong minus these players.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SainterX1 wrote:Did anyone see the incident in the third quarter with play on the outer wing and I think it was Gilbert running 10 metres behind Gamble on the other wing. Gamble stopped, turned and coathangered Gilbert, putting him on the ground.

The emergency umpire went out to Gamble about half a minute later and looked at his number, but I haven't seen if he actually reported him.

Also, after the half time siren, as the players were walking off the ground, Mooney was walking behind Gilbert and hit him in the back of the head. It wasn't a hard hit, but was harder than some of these tummy taps they're getting suspended for these days (unless you play for Sydney)
that was Dal he coathangered SainterX1 and he was reported by the said emergency

someone else said Matty M was kicked by the moonster as well.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
SainterX1 wrote:Did anyone see the incident in the third quarter with play on the outer wing and I think it was Gilbert running 10 metres behind Gamble on the other wing. Gamble stopped, turned and coathangered Gilbert, putting him on the ground.

that was Dal he coathangered SainterX1 and he was reported by the said emergency

someone else said Matty M was kicked by the moonster as well.
Dal was punched by Gamble in the second quarter, so unless there was another incident between those 2 in the third I think you have got the wrong one SaintBrat.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I was going on the incident shown on media outlets yesterday-
and from what I saw from where I sat-

there may well have been another.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
my les foote
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:well for starters....baker didnt get seven weeks for his hit on farmer Les Foote.
Actually he did get seven weeks. If Farmer had not run into him, he would not have missed a match.

Somehow the AFL contrived to give him more activation points (325 or 350) for stopping and allowing someone to collide with him than any incident since that, including a couple of very nasty head high hits.

Win it for HIM!
To the top
SS Life Member

Will be interesting to see if Mooney's attempts to strike and then kick near the goal square just before half time get a look in.

Missed both but the serious intent to do damage was there.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:I was going on the incident shown on media outlets yesterday-
and from what I saw from where I sat-

there may well have been another.
Gambles punch on Dal was definitely in the second qtr -about 6 minutes before half time - I just checked it on the replay.

As for Mooney, if attempted strikes were counted for anybody other than Baks he would have at least half a dozen charges from Saturday's game to answer.

avid
Club Player

This was a previous post of mine on a dead-end thread:

On that last point -- I saw Mooney hit Gilbo in the head too, followed immediately by kicking him in the leg. More childish than viscious, but I expected it would be followed up by replays, slo-mo analysis, character analysis, an AFL report etc. Not a peep.

avid
Club Player

On the other hand, this from another lost thread:

I was watching X as he jogged along behind the play. (He might have been hurt a little in the previous passage.) He didn't see the guy coming -- just like Kosi! I reckon the Geelong player was as surprised as anyone that he'd had that much impact. It looked like a run of the mill minor bump to me, maybe with an unfortunate accidental impact, like a head clash -- like Kosi. X's total lack of awareness I'm afraid.

Of course there was no evience whatsoever that Baker's "hit" on Farmer was any more sinister.