how many can you carry

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

how many can you carry

gehrig
gram
blake
fiora
clarke
dempster
jones
harvey
gilbert
milne

with ? marks over one or 2 others

the likes of blake ,jones,milne may try but are just not going to get us anywhere

gehrig the games passed him by

gilbert over rated gop at best

harvey still servicable but todays footy screams out for ball uses over 30 yrds

ball as harvey

gram,fiora,clarke are a liability in contested situations..fiora doesnt even get into contested situations

dempster is bloody hopeless

not to mention some of the the crap we have playing for the scorps

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Harvey - you must be kidding

was killing them before he got injured

pleae, get a clue.... :roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
sassy

i agree with you. Harvey was good- except looking forward we are a long way off a premiership- so it is best to look to the future, and give the players in the reserves game time

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Take Gram, Gilbert and Harvey out of that group.

Gehrig has to go....his opponent was BOG.

Nee!
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

unfortunatly thats going to be 1/2 the problem....was great in the 1st 15 mins or so but as we know the game goes for 100 mins with 6-8 mids being able to go all day
not a slight on harvey just a simple fact of footy life

dont believe me just look to the last 3 qtrs against syd,foots,geel

individually our mids racked up plenty of possies BUT HOW MANY HURT THE OPPOSITION

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

you're a joke

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Take Gram, Gilbert and Harvey out of that group.
Gilbert is really struggling to make an impact. Hopelessly one sided.

Gram is playing his worst footy in 12 months. Injured?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

fair enough... i've been called worse

i dont hide

matrix
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:you're a joke
LOL.

Hawkesbury Saint
Club Player

Gram had more strapping than an Egyptian mummy. We were all pushed off the ball pretty easily - those cats have big conditioned bodies.

We actually looked proppy! It seems hard to guage where our fitness and conditioning is really at based on today's match and the number of guys looking crook.

I forsee quite a few changes if Ross is serious about playing blokes who are fully fit.

I think we are carrying some very proppy players. (Not an excuse for the loss - we were smashed, our kicking was atrocious and the umpires ought to be shot.)

Saints Footy - Let all others follow.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

In all honesty we can't carry Gehrig! I'm a reasonable fan of the G-Train but fair's fair, today was as bad as I've ever seen him! He's got to be dropped!

Dempster was well out of his depth also!

We cannot afford to drop players like Clinton Jones in future! He tried his guts out today!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:you're a joke
dud thats harsh everyone is entitled to an opinion just cause it douesnt match yours doesnt mean its wrong !
i do agree to a point with you roger but honestly harvey shouldnt be expected to lead this team at this stage of his carrer i look at the likes of Joey Ball and especially Lenny to see what have they done to lessen the load on the great man and from what i can see its 2 parts of F all !!

Gram is not a defender not by a looooong shot and his runs a usless as he cant hit a side of a barn with them .. Goose is a big boy but christ get some mongrel in you mate twice you were push aside like a rag doll by smaller opponents no i know hes coming back from an injury but hes still a big boy
harden the F**k up

gilbert isnt 1/8th the player we make him out to be on here

blake and jones are not good but they put in an effort if some of our better players put in half the effort these two do we wold be a long way forward .

Gehrig is done he used to be able to comand tight attention from the best defender each week and if he didnt kick goals at least he took his player out of the game today teams have cottoned on to this and his opponet is not running off him and killing us the saying is adapt or go extinct i cant see G adapting his game at this stage

Roo is starting to remind me of Pavlova as long as his name is in the best list he happy to just plod along. he Tries hard but you get the feel hes kinda glad hes in unwinable situations cause if he wins it hes brilliant if he doesnt hes "giving his all but out manned"

bring on Friday night lets make amends for this guys that two weeks now the games been lost in our head befor its lost on the feild

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Hawkesbury Saint wrote:Gram had more strapping than an Egyptian mummy. We were all pushed off the ball pretty easily - those cats have big conditioned bodies.

We actually looked proppy! It seems hard to guage where our fitness and conditioning is really at based on today's match and the number of guys looking crook.

I forsee quite a few changes if Ross is serious about playing blokes who are fully fit.

I think we are carrying some very proppy players. (Not an excuse for the loss - we were smashed, our kicking was atrocious and the umpires ought to be shot.)
funny how players always look proppy after we get bullied by another team ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Roo is starting to remind me of Pavlova as long as his name is in the best list he happy to just plod along. he Tries hard but you get the feel hes kinda glad hes in unwinable situations cause if he wins it hes brilliant if he doesnt hes "giving his all but out manned"
now you are a joke

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The common theme of this thread is;

HARD DECISIONS NEED TO BE MADE !!

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

unfortunatly the name harvey scares some people...i dont expect him to lead our midfield just be 5th or 6th of the rotation when most clubs have 6-8 or more who can go the 100 mins (with rotations)...not his fault we have no more than 3 or 4 of note

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:The common theme of this thread is;

HARD DECISIONS NEED TO BE MADE !!
it should start from the top :twisted:

Sobraz
SS Life Member

The joke is suggesting Gilb is struggling... He was fantastic today, and is one of the few that has real guts in the side.. 2 goals aside, he chased, tackled and broke the lines all day... Real effort player..

Sure his kicking is ugly, but it is quite effective... He is top 10 at our club atm...

Harvs was great early, and is not the issue...

Gram was mentioned earlier... IMO he is playing crap footy.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:unfortunatly the name harvey scares some people...i dont expect him to lead our midfield just be 5th or 6th of the rotation when most clubs have 6-8 or more who can go the 100 mins (with rotations)...not his fault we have no more than 3 or 4 of note
Of course harves is not the player he was

BUT today to be fair was going MORE THAN ok before INJURED.

Cut him that slack........

Most if not all MIDS would have struggled with the injury he suffered......

Injury was nthat fault today

NOT age etc

Unfair treatment of him today.......if fit ......fair enough.

saint4life
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

happy for harvey to be our 5-6 th mid with 8-10 mins a qtr & pick up his 12-15 possies a match

the game now demands 6-8 mids who can rotate & run all day...lets not focus on harvey

we have real crap to concentrate on