1 %'s and toughness

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

1 %'s and toughness

We have heard alot about the lack of toughness in this group. I think we can extend that to doing the basics very well. I think that they need to bring this group together and focus on sheparding, tackling, creating space, communication and standing up for a team mate.

Remember when we used to be known for our tackling on mass, our tought nuts going in and creating space for the likes of dal and fiora to use the ball.

The crowd will lift every time the team does this.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I want to hear the Saints bring out the GT cleches such as "selfless acts" and "100% of people giving 100%, 100% of the time. I dont just want them to say it again, I wont them to do it. Go Goose.

The Peanut
Club Player

Goose is king wrote:I want to hear the Saints bring out the GT cleches such as "selfless acts" and "100% of people giving 100%, 100% of the time. I dont just want them to say it again, I wont them to do it. Go Goose.
... realistically 100% of the time has proven to be a bit iffy at times i.e. didn't Goose break his leg by putting in 100% when we had already lost the game by a clear margin with 1% of game time left ... or is this old mans memory playing tricks ...

... but I absolutely loved watching us hunting in packs

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Well at aleast 100% of the time, from 100% of people when the games is on the line.

The Peanut
Club Player

Goose is king wrote:Well at aleast 100% of the time, from 100% of people when the games is on the line.
Yeah for sure

Buckets
SS Life Member

Re: 1 %'s and toughness

Solar wrote:We have heard alot about the lack of toughness in this group. I think we can extend that to doing the basics very well. I think that they need to bring this group together and focus on sheparding, tackling, creating space, communication and standing up for a team mate.

Remember when we used to be known for our tackling on mass, our tought nuts going in and creating space for the likes of dal and fiora to use the ball.

The crowd will lift every time the team does this.

Is this the biggest problem that we have as supporters. Talking to a respected collegue of mine today - hall of famer for O and M - noticed the same issues and he was saying that from his opinion if he had to pick 3 'soft' players of the AFL 2 of them would be Milne and Fiora. Dont necessarily agree with that but certainly agree that we are no longer feared or respected when it comes to 1%'s and toughness.
Although we did have a good laugh at the inability for any of the eagles to really fly the flag against Hall, and what would have happened if it was against the Saints and Baker was in the team! That in itself is a bigger issue that Baker is seemingly our toughnut. We need more of him!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Solar
Saintsational Legend

agree buckets...

anyone want to see what this type of efforts can do to a teams spirits, go look at the Wizard cup final where from the first bounce we took control of the game. This was through powell coming through and flattening ling.

I loved it when king got into blakes face, we need more of this. We need to become the hunter. Football can be so simple,

Go get football, if other team has football tackle and hurt them.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith