1. Hodge 2. Ball 3. Judd

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

1. Hodge 2. Ball 3. Judd

before Judd

Butterss who coached Judd as a 14yo wanted us to draft him, but Thomas overruled, disagreed and went for Ball instead.

Does anyone here still think Ball was a better selection?

Who here thinks Thomas made the right call?

8-)

From that draft

1. Hodge probably the most damaging kick to position and set up player in the entire AFL.

2. Luke Ball, slow, can't kick over a jam tin, but terrific in and under.

3. Judd probably the most damaging and dynamic quick midfielder in the AFL.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

ball was the right call....hodge is a thug...not much better than hall.....judd is a flowering mercenary...and an ugly bastard to boot......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: 1. Hodge 2. Ball 3. Judd

barks4eva wrote:before Judd

Butterss who coached Judd as a 14yo wanted us to draft him, but Thomas overruled, disagreed and went for Ball instead.

Does anyone here still think Ball was a better selection?

Who here thinks Thomas made the right call?

8-)

From that draft

1. Hodge probably the most damaging kick to position and set up player in the entire AFL.

2. Luke Ball, slow, can't kick over a jam tin, but terrific in and under.

3. Judd probably the most damaging and dynamic quick midfielder in the AFL.
You keep saying that about RB wanting to draft him what proof do you have or is it your hatred of all things GT for you to make these things up. I suppose if you keep saying it you will beleive it is true and so will some others. By the way who Did JB want because that is more important.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:ball was the right call....hodge is a thug...not much better than hall.....judd is a flowering mercenary...and an ugly bastard to boot......
That is nearly as silly as B4E. Hodge is a star and Judd is a superstar.

krabb
Club Player

From that draft Ball was in the lead by most recruiters...

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...Judd had shoulder problems..you know that...and Hodge came dead last.

We could've picked Judd...and the rest as we say is history.

Didnt Bevo have a say too?

Surely he had some input into who he thought we should pick?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

the B4E agenda bandwaggon starts rolling again :roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
You keep saying that about RB wanting to draft him what proof do you have or is it your hatred of all things GT for you to make these things up.
Butterss himself said it, at the time, but as president it was not his call to make.

Thomas listened, but was insistent that we draft Ball and it was his call.

You obviously were not paying attention.

As regards how important Beveridge's decision is, it depends on how much independance he has.

For example Raph Clarke was 100% Thomas's decision, Beveridge had no say whatsoever in this decision.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
You keep saying that about RB wanting to draft him what proof do you have or is it your hatred of all things GT for you to make these things up.
Butterss himself said it, at the time, but as president it was not his call to make.

As regards how important Beveridge's decision is, it depends on how much independance he has.

For example Raph Clarke was 100% Thomas's decision, Beveridge had no say whatsoever in this decision.
Again you keep making things up. How do you know that about Raph. And I am a mad Saints supportor as we all are and I never heard RB say that but if he did you and I know it would have been a joke afterall RB and GT were best friends at the time.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

krabb wrote:From that draft Ball was in the lead by most recruiters...

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...Judd had shoulder problems..you know that...and Hodge came dead last.

We could've picked Judd...and the rest as we say is history.

Didnt Bevo have a say too?

Surely he had some input into who he thought we should pick?
Exaclty..retrospective recruiting...the easist game in town

Lets face it..if GT had wanted Judd and got him Barks would be screaming that Judd is washed up with stuffed groins at 24 and that GT has saddled us with an injury-prone has-been :roll:

As you say Dan..its all about agends. GT could cure cancer and Barks would lambast him for destroying the Chemotherapy industry and putting researchers out of a job :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
krabb
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:

Beveridge had no say whatsoever? I find that hard to believe.

Why then do i recall GT saying that Beveridge was in charge of recruiting and he was leaving it all up to him.

Or...

Was it that because we got Xavier...it was a given that we would draft Raph?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:ball was the right call....hodge is a thug...not much better than hall.....judd is a flowering mercenary...and an ugly bastard to boot......

maybe......but just point out what i said that was wrong before insulting my intelligence, my post and me personally..... :roll: :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

maybe......but just point out what i said that was wrong before insulting my intelligence, my post and me personally..... :roll: :roll:
Well for one Hodge plays the game tough but isnt a thug. What are the Saints missing at the moment. Bakes toughness. Bakes is no angel. Two Judd wants to come home. Dont see an issue with that and speaks to several clubs and picks one. What is the issue with that. Never went to a job for more money.

I didnt actually say you were silly I said the post was silly. Some people are easily offended.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Some people are easily offended.

are you one of them..?..'cause you make silly posts all the time....i;m just usually too polite to point then out.....i stick by my earlier comments...if you haven't worked out that hodge is a thug...you haven't been watching him ffs...

....you claiming that judd is merely a sook...not a mercenary?????

ps....comparing me or my posts to b4e is clearly insulting...... :evil: :evil:

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I heard that a boot studder down at the club once babysat Justin Sherman.

He wanted to draft him ahead of Andrew McQualter but oddly, his opinion wasn't taken into consideration.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

krabb wrote:
Beveridge had no say whatsoever? I find that hard to believe.

Why then do i recall GT saying that Beveridge was in charge of recruiting and he was leaving it all up to him.

Or...

Was it that because we got Xavier...it was a given that we would draft Raph?
That is a 100% FACT

Thomas told Beveridge that the pick was off limits and we would be drafting R.Clarke

btw, fwiw, imho, I thought this was the right call at the time

Thomas says one thing and does another, depends on who he is talking to and what agenda he has, but you already know that, surely

Thomas also said in response to a question of mine on radio about our recruiting and FIRST ROUND DRAFT SELECTIONS> "I had nothing to do with any of that, IN FACT, I didn't even want to know"

So the guy running the football department claims he didn't want to know who we were going to use our first round draft selections on.

If anyone believe's that then they're extremely gullible.

I happen to know that this was not the case.

Thomas lied, which he has a habit of doing.

If the guy running the football department doesn't want to know who we are using our first round draft selections on ( which wasn't the case, I might add ) then he should be sacked.

Not all selections were on the table, for Beveridge to have the call on.

Obviously this is the case most of the time, but not 100% of the time.

Persuader
Club Player

This post is offensive to Luke Ball, a great player who gives his all and a former captain of the team.

Founding member of the Jason Blake Appreciation Society
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Some people are easily offended.

are you one of them..?..'cause you make silly posts all the time....i;m just usually too polite to point then out.....i stick by my earlier comments...if you haven't worked out that hodge is a thug...you haven't been watching him ffs...

....you claiming that judd is merely a sook...not a mercenary?????

ps....comparing me our my posts to b4e is clearly insulting...... :evil: :evil:
I may make silly posts but I dont sook if someone has a go at me. Didnt bother commenting on Bakes because you know he is exactly the same sort of tough nut as Hodge. Judd a sook because he wants to see family and friends. So Matty Carr is a sook. Doesnt strike me as one.

plumtire
Club Player

1 Hodge 2 ball 3 Judd

:evil: What a pointless thread! you should be ashamed of your self Parks4eva insulting a fine player like Luke Ball :evil:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Persuader wrote:This post is offensive to Luke Ball, a great player who gives his all and a former captain of the team.
WHY?

Reminds me of the Faulty Towers episode, "don't mention the war"

Fact is in the last quarter Ball ran into an open goal and from 35 metres managed

1. To not make the distance

2. If he had of made the difference it would have almost hit the point post.

Judd and Hodge would have nailed it.

Ball also when 50 metres out knew he couldn't make the distance so kicked it across the goals to a 1 on 2 contest which Geelong rebounded on, can't remember if this resulted in a goal down the other end, but it may as well have

Ball has issues with his kicking

1. can barely kick more than 30 metres

2. misses targets

That's just reality

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Persuader wrote:This post is offensive to Luke Ball, a great player who gives his all and a former captain of the team.
WHY?

Reminds me of the Faulty Towers episode, "don't mention the war"

Fact is in the last quarter Ball ran into an open goal and from 35 metres managed

1. To not make the distance

2. If he had of made the difference it would have almost hit the point post.

Judd and Hodge would have nailed it.

Ball also when 50 metres out knew he couldn't make the distance so kicked it across the goals to a 1 on 2 contest which Geelong rebounded on, can't remember if this resulted in a goal down the other end, but it may as well have

Ball has issues with his kicking

1. can barely kick more than 30 metres

2. misses targets

That's just reality
I concur about Ball.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

people like you dont succeed in this world

you must have a really painful existance trolling a forum with events that happened a few years ago now...involving people that dont have anything to do with our football club

they had the balls to make decisions regardless fo being right or wrong...they did so...

you on the other hands criticize every decision made...and more than likely forever will

those people have succeeded in life as they took chances/calculated gambles

its safe to say you on the other hand wouldnt and would continue to have a negative outlook on life and instead of looking for the positive always look at the negatives

section deleted by mods

you provide no decent convo...no food for thought...just criticism of everyone and everything

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
krabb
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
That is a 100% FACT

Thomas told Beveridge that the pick was off limits and we would be drafting R.Clarke

btw, fwiw, imho, I thought this was the right call at the time

Thomas says one thing and does another, depends on who he is talking to and what agenda he has, but you already know that, surely

Thomas also said in response to a question of mine on radio about our recruiting and FIRST ROUND DRAFT SELECTIONS> "I had nothing to do with any of that, IN FACT, I didn't even want to know"

So the guy running the football department claims he didn't want to know who we were going to use our first round draft selections on.

If anyone believe's that then they're extremely gullible.

I happen to know that this was not the case.

Thomas lied, which he has a habit of doing.

If the guy running the football department doesn't want to know who we are using our first round draft selections on ( which wasn't the case, I might add ) then he should be sacked.
I believe there's some real dills involved in AFL..from the top level right down the line..

Our club has always run recruiting on a smell of an oil rag...i can only shudder at the years that poor Bevo must've spent sitting at cold windy grounds..never having a weekend with his family...trying to spot the next hopeful...the next bright kid to bring to the club...its a thankless lonely job..they do it for the love of the game.

I dont know whether GT lied or not...but i do recall him saying that he was handing decisions about recruiting over to Bevo.

We all heard about Xavier's brother Raph...we all wanted him to come to the club...and yes i was wrapt too when he arrived..as to who lied to who...i wasnt there so wouldnt have a clue.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote: we should all pitch in and purchase a rope for barks as it might be of assistance to both us and him if he was not on this earth

lovely

Richter
SS Life Member

Just to take up one of the issues raised here - why do peope think Luke is struggling so much with his kicking?

I know the obvious answer is that he is restricted by the OP. I wonder if he hasn't developed a serious flaw in his kicking technique though? On that kick on the run that B4E mentions it looked to me as though Luke mistimed the kick - he seemed to be most of the way through the kick before his foot hit the ball. Thus the power from his kicking action was not imparted onto the ball and leading to a loss of power.

Presumably there is an ideal zone on the arc of the swing through with the leg that the foot needs to make contact with the ball. This has to do with technique and timing and not necessarily to do with an injury per se. Although presumably the injury has lead to this inconsistency.

Anyone else notice this?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Just to take up one of the issues raised here - why do peope think Luke is struggling so much with his kicking?

I know the obvious answer is that he is restricted by the OP. I wonder if he hasn't developed a serious flaw in his kicking technique though? On that kick on the run that B4E mentions it looked to me as though Luke mistimed the kick - he seemed to be most of the way through the kick before his foot hit the ball. Thus the power from his kicking action was not imparted onto the ball and leading to a loss of power.

Presumably there is an ideal zone on the arc of the swing through with the leg that the foot needs to make contact with the ball. This has to do with technique and timing and not necessarily to do with an injury per se. Although presumably the injury has lead to this inconsistency.

Anyone else notice this?
I do agree. No OP could make you kick it that bad especially now that he seems to have power back in his legs. Lost confidence IMO.