Jason Blake

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mooksy
Club Player

Jason Blake

People who bag him don't understand footy. He is a very valuable member of our team.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Agree 100%, but that won't stop the ignorant from bagging him.

JT
Club Player

thats the problem - Jason Blake is a valuable member of our team.

Would he be valuable to Geelong??

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

He is the perfect example of our acceptance of mediocrity...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
sainters man
Club Player

yess he is a good player, has the engine to run all day a good mark, an ok kick the only problem i have it 95% of the time he goes to ground and is out of the contest

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

JT wrote:thats the problem - Jason Blake is a valuable member of our team.

Well, lets compare him with Josh Hunt. Blakey has bucket loads of courage, Hunt has been known to duck his head on more than one occasion !!

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

ffs

i am so sick of this

the premiership is won by a champion team not a team of champions

he is valuable to st kilda because he bleeds for the club and he puts his heart into our club

piss off

JT
Club Player

Josh hunt can kick. A skill Blake has yet to master.

I don't want to make this into an 'I hate Jason Blake thing' because I agree the guy has a go, but we just have too many blokes that can't kick.

Blake has a go, Fisher has a go, CJ has a go!!

We have to many players that go & not enough players that have skill.

Thats my quick opinion. I will now 'piss off' before terry blows a fuse.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

JT wrote:Josh hunt can kick. A skill Blake has yet to master.

I don't want to make this into an 'I hate Jason Blake thing' because I agree the guy has a go, but we just have too many blokes that can't kick.

Blake has a go, Fisher has a go, CJ has a go!!

We have to many players that go & not enough players that have skill.

Thats my quick opinion. I will now 'piss off' before terry blows a fuse.
you don't get it

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JT wrote:Josh hunt can kick. A skill Blake has yet to master.
Josh Hunt is a gutless squib. Gunna call Jason Blake that? Do that and we will all know you have less knowledge of football than a gnat.

If some of the dolly boys with the big reputations in our team put in the effort of Blake we would win many more games.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
JT
Club Player

what don't I get Terry? please explain

22 Jason Blakes is not going to win us a flag no matter how hard he may try.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JT wrote:what don't I get Terry? please explain

22 Jason Blakes is not going to win us a flag no matter how hard he may try.
Magic :roll: :roll:

A kupie doll for stating the bleeding obvious.

terry was right - you dont get it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
JT
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Josh Hunt is a gutless squib. Gunna call Jason Blake that? .

did you read what i posted??? 8000 times you have posted joffa and you dont have the time to read what i actually posted. I agreed he has a go

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Woy joffaboy, I agree with you for once.

Why can't you just say it, without being obnoxious?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Not a fair comparison. Hunt is soft soft soft.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Woy joffaboy, I agree with you for once.

Why can't you just say it, without being obnoxious?
Why aren't you over at Hawk Headquarters kissing Clarksons arse.

Get off our forum Whorethorn boy.

Lance or James??

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:He is the perfect example of our acceptance of mediocrity...
End of thread.

Correctomundo Armooo.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

Well, lets compare him with Josh Hunt. Blakey has bucket loads of courage, Hunt has been known to duck his head on more than one occasion !!
We should recruit blokes based only their courage levels.

I'm sure their collective courage would kick many goals.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

JT wrote:Would he be valuable to Geelong??
Geelong are hardly sublimely skilled from top to bottom. Max Rooke plays with a lot of fire, but is hardly the most skilled player in the world. Andrew Mackie is at least as frustrating as some of our underachievers. Joel Corey gets a lot of the ball, but his disposal is questionable at best. Neither Ablett nor Bartel have the greatest disposal in all the land. Selwood won a rising star on effort, not skills. Their ruck division is terrible now that King is gone and Ottens is injured. They're not the most talented side, they're just the best side.

What makes Geelong better than us is the fact they play hard, they play for each other, they take risks and back each other up. If somebody makes a mistake there are always three other guys to tell them they'll get it next time. It's not that they have the greatest list ever assembled, but I can't remember ever seeing a team that works so well together. They elevate ordinary players to a higher level. Right now, our best players look ordinary.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:

ffs

i am so sick of this

the premiership is won by a champion team not a team of champions

he is valuable to st kilda because he bleeds for the club and he puts his heart into our club

piss off
How the hell does that result in success, goals, winning.

Every one on here bleeds for the club....and we don't even get paid, we actually contribute money.

Also, Don't tell poster to piss off. ffs :roll:

hotdish
Club Player

Blake is a great servant of our club, and is probably a great bloke for all I know - but this doesn't count for sh!t on the field.

He is slow.

His disposal is poor.

He is not a ruckman. He is not a key Forward or back. He is a utility and a tagger.

However our team can't afford to carry similar players like him that are low on skill, one-dimensional and SLOW! Dempster is a clone of him - tall, fit and a tagger. At the moment I rate Dempster a huge improvement on Blake...

Playing Dempster, L Fisher, Blake and Baker (and Birss last week) is suicide...

Blake or L Fish. Not both, its simple.
Last edited by hotdish on Mon 28 Apr 2008 11:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

JT
Club Player

I'm going to stop posting for the night before I drag Jason Blake's name through some more mud.

I agree mostly with what vacuous space said. I will point out that Max Rooke has been dropped, Andrew Mackie is a good young promising player, Joel Corey is an All Australian who can actually go get the footy, ablett does have close to the greatest disposal in the land, Bartel while not a great kick is still a pretty good one.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:Geelong are hardly sublimely skilled from top to bottom. Max Rooke plays with a lot of fire, but is hardly the most skilled player in the world. Andrew Mackie is at least as frustrating as some of our underachievers. Joel Corey gets a lot of the ball, but his disposal is questionable at best. Neither Ablett nor Bartel have the greatest disposal in all the land. Selwood won a rising star on effort, not skills.
Rooke has a physical presence. He puts opposition players down hard, and when he gets the footy he plays on immediately and changes forward. There is not one St Kilda player who is actually feared by the opposition or has the strength to break through packs.

Joel Selwood won a rising star because he is naturally a freakish footballer and because he was in a star midfield where he is a long way down the oppositon's list of priorities. Knowing where to run and what to do when he gets the ball is what makes Selwood an AFL footballer.

Corey's disposal is better than any inside midfielder at St Kilda.

Skills and footy smarts come first. Those things are what seperate people who are capable of playing AFL football from those who can not. Then pace and height are the next two most important factors. Anyone can gain fitness and strength. Armitage was grossly unfit and quite undisciplined when he was recruited, but he has always been a natural footballer. He knows how to get the ball and how to use the ball. Clint Jones and Michael Rix are both great athletes with excellent work ethics, but neither of them have any idea of what to do in an AFL match.

Blake is an acceptable depth player to have on the list. He can play any position on the ground, his skills are not too bad and he reads the play quite well. However his poor decision-making and lack of dominance in either the air or at ground level means that he will never be a great player. It is just when you so many of those players (Blake, Dempster, L.Fisher, Maguire) in the team that it really does have a negative impact, and you need to go back to the basics to find quality players who can actually have a noticeable positive impact, rather than having a whole team of gap-fillers.

villasaint
Club Player

i am ignorant then because he is crap. big heart tries hard but cant kick. no room for players like that in elite teams. cannot find the ball either.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
What makes Geelong better than us is the fact they play hard, they play for each other, they take risks and back each other up. If somebody makes a mistake there are always three other guys to tell them they'll get it next time. It's not that they have the greatest list ever assembled, but I can't remember ever seeing a team that works so well together. They elevate ordinary players to a higher level. Right now, our best players look ordinary.
I actually agree with most of that.....almost....

...but in terms of this string if you look at their last 4 selected.....their "ordinary" players are not as "ordinary" as ours.

They also at present have more genuine stars than us.......for some of our stars are dim at present.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 29 Apr 2008 1:23am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....