Clash strip

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mooksy
Club Player

Clash strip

I'm sure this has already been discussed but you know what? I can't be stuffed finding it.

OUR JUMPER ON SATURDAY NIGHT WAS EMBARRASSING.

It probably has a bit to do with such a pathetic performance come to think of it.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Re: Clash strip

Mooksy wrote:I'm sure this has already been discussed but you know what? I can't be stuffed finding it.

OUR JUMPER ON SATURDAY NIGHT WAS EMBARRASSING.

It probably has a bit to do with such a pathetic performance come to think of it.
yes, it was. and you cant do anything about it so stop whinging about what we wear and watch the game!
seriously, i don’t give a sh!t what we wear, as long as it is red white and black I’m happy! i just want to see a 4 quarter effort by the side! we have allot more things to worry about at the moment rather than 'our clash jumper is embarrassing'

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I hate that basketball strip as well. But it is certainly the least of the worries at the moment.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I much prefer our "candy stripe" clash jumper. I read somewhere that we have a contract with this current strip that ends at the end of this year. At least we have a clash strip, unlike Ess & Coll !!

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

we should bring back our red white black small stripes

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

clarky449 wrote:we should bring back our red white black small stripes
wont happen. It officially clashes with Collingwood blah blah. Unfortunate, its a fantastic looking gurnsey, but its gone forever I fear.

saint_mite
SS Hall of Fame

anyone actually got a win:loss ratio for the white?

I see a lot of people wearing it when I'm at the footy, despite the criticism though.
for the next clash jumper, I'd like to see a jumper similar to the hot cross bun one.. the design would be awesome with a bit of a revamp!
I like having different clash jumpers though... gives me more to buy/collect then the same one every year 8-)

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:At least we have a clash strip, unlike Ess & Coll !!
Collingwood has one, even if it doesn't follow the same rules as the rest of the league. Essendon technically has one too, but it's an embarrassment and should never be allowed on the field again.

The AFL needs to start handing out fines to those two teams when they show up for a game and clash with the home team. They fined West Coast a lot of money for wearing the wrong jumper against the bulldogs. I reckon it's completely unfair to them to allow the two protected Victorian teams to get away with the same thing constantly.

If it's your home game, wear whatever the hell you want. If you're the away team though, it's your responsibility to make sure there's no clash. Seems simple enough to me. But the AFL refuse to get serious about it.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
sainters man
Club Player

soon as we ran out in that jumper, i knew we were in for a long night..it doesnt even look like st kilda!

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

clash jumpers are just marketing crap , part of the modern day various peices of crap that now invade the game.

Apparently, it was ok in the 70's in the mud, north Melb V collingscum on B&W TV, but not now.

Unfortunately, unlike Essendon and Collingscum, we have bent over for the AFL and smiled nicely.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I like this years training top; Predominantly Red with single thin Black & White stripes (can someone post a pic). Might clash with Melb & Ess, but if we were to use it AND the candy stripe as our clash strips I'd be happy. Who says we can't have more than one? !!

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Yeah I like that shirt eastern, a world betterthan the current disaster.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saint_mite wrote:anyone actually got a win:loss ratio for the white?
I see a lot of people wearing it when I'm at the footy, despite the criticism though.
for the next clash jumper, I'd like to see a jumper similar to the hot cross bun one.. the design would be awesome with a bit of a revamp!
I like having different clash jumpers though... gives me more to buy/collect then the same one every year 8-)
we have played the following teams wearing it:
Carlton
Collingwood
Fremantle
Melbourne
Port Adelaide

we have won 2 of the 5. (Dees and Blues)

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
vacuous space
SS Life Member

iwantmeseats wrote:clash jumpers are just marketing crap
The whole idea is to get people to watch though. I would be surprised if many people here had trouble during the Essendon game. People who don't know every player on either team are going to have problems though when a black team with big white numbers plays a black team with big white numbers.

There's hundereds of millions of dollars invested in this game. Is it really too much to ask that people watching can tell the two teams apart?

Yeah nah pleasing positive
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Well you have a point , BUT it wasnt a problem for 100 plus years. Dont you see the irony?

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 8:55am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
my les foote
Club Player

aussierules0k wrote:ok, you guys know I'm against them... but I've always thought the best color is Red. Unfortunately The Demons have grabbed it.
So.

We don't clash with the Demons and we wouldn't both be wearing a clash jumper.

Win it for HIM!
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Just on clash jumpers I saw the Demons playing in their silver jumper on Sunday and I've come to the conclusion that it is easily the best away jumper in the league.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

There are many other designs I would rather wear than our current "apron".

For example the old "hot cross bun" was awesome and the white version someone (sorry I cant remember who) came up with on this site a while ago is a dead set winner, The candy stripes were brilliant but once again Collingwood put paid to that. I would even support a white version of the training jumper with a red and black stripe down the middle.

The quicker we get rid of the awful clash jumper we currently have the better IMHO

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Well you have a point , BUT it wasnt a problem for 100 plus years. Dont you see the irony?
OK...go watch a game from 1908...pretty much the same as the game now????:P

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 8:55am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
esaint66
SS Life Member

SaintBot wrote:Just on clash jumpers I saw the Demons playing in their silver jumper on Sunday and I've come to the conclusion that it is easily the best away jumper in the league.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

You have to be kidding, since when was silver one of the dees colours. IMO almost as bad as the hawthron jumper that was BLUE with yellow and brown diamonds :x .