Must WIN game!......How will Ross win...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Must WIN game!......How will Ross win...

Not by keeping them in the game for three quarters.....and growing their confidence by giving them free possesions.....

but by....attacking, the ball, the man and the scoreboard....they will start doubting themselves in the NO TIME!

They match up alright with us, but are mentally scarred.....breathe life into them and they could roll us......we need to keep them down

Match Ups

B: Dempster/J.Riewoldt.........Hudghton/Schultz..............Baker/Brown

HB: Goddard/Morton..........S.Fisher/Polak..........Blake/Richardson

C: Gram/Deledio...........Hayes/Tuck................Schnieder/Tambling

HF: X.Clarke/McMahon......N.Riewoldt/Thursfield...R.Clarke/White

F: Milne/Newman..........Koschitzke/McGuane.......Ball/King

Foll:M.Gardiner/Simmonds.....Dal Santo/Johnson......Montagna/Foley

Int:Gwilt/Pattison......Armitage/Edwards......Harvey/Hyde.......L.Fisher/Moore

Emerg: Ferguson.....Birss.....C.Gardner

Ins: M.Gardiner...Schnieder...R.Clarke...Gwilt

Outs: Rix...Birss.....C.Gardner.....Maguire

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

In.....Gwilt.......thats a big call

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
S.A Saint
Club Player

not sure that i agree with all your outs. i would leave Maguire and C.Gardner instead of Gwilt and R.Clarke.

i would also drop l fisher because we seem to be having to many tagging players in the team with L.Fisher, Blake Dempster and Baker. i would drop one if not two of these player for jones because he tries to win the ball and not worry soo much about his opponent.

blake would stay in this week for richo mayb but either fisher or dempster need 2 go.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Gwilt has been VG at Casey.......Raph was BOG last week...

Maguire has shown ZERO!

C.Gardner would be unlucky....but is NOT damaging enough...

coolingbaba
Club Player

In: Schneider M Gardiner Gehrig
Out: L Fisher Rix Birss

Charlie Gardiner adds another dimension to forward line n we need more goals!

Gehrig averages 5 goals against Richmond so he should play..forget form for Casey

Maguire will get better each week.

I like Rafael Clarke n I hope one day he'll be good..but right now hes not n we wont win with him Rix or Birss in the team

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:
i would also drop l fisher because we seem to be having to many tagging players in the team with L.Fisher, Blake Dempster and Baker. i would drop one if not two of these player for jones because he tries to win the ball and not worry soo much about his opponent.

If we dropped all 4 of those players,could we adequately replace them...

S.A Saint
Club Player

im not saying we need to drop all four. two actual tagger are enough for one team. this week i would keep baker and blake (because of richo) but after that i would like to only see baker and dempster with fisher and blake missing out. for them i would put in jones and and maybe raph or gwilt

S.A Saint
Club Player

We could even bring in geary and maybe stevens ( not sure how well he doing) for them, To inject a bit of youth and zip. Geary seems to show a lot of promise in the Crap cup but hasn't been that good during season so far. this would allow to play gram on the wing if he can get his disposal right.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:We could even bring in geary and maybe stevens ( not sure how well he doing) for them, To inject a bit of youth and zip. Geary seems to show a lot of promise in the Crap cup but hasn't been that good during season so far. this would allow to play gram on the wing if he can get his disposal right.
Jack Steven doesn't even train with the group all that much as he is still at school (St Bedes) doing yr 12, so I doubt he will be looked at unless it is in the school hols !!

S.A Saint
Club Player

out of our next 5 games if we dont win the majority i would consider if they coached played the following player gwilt, raph, jones, geary, furgeson and allen to see where the player are up at ( mostly gwilt raph furgeson and allen). These players have spent a number of years on our list and not have given a fair go. they should be played if we are no chance of making the finals in order to decide if they are worth keeping at the end of the season. otherwise they are dead would and we could be going for players in the draft and offering them as maybe trade bait.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I think this is Allen's 2nd year,he has shown enough to be kept for a couple more years yet,way too early to tell how he will turn out .....

There is a fair queue in front of him worried about next years pay...

8-)

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:I think this is Allen's 2nd year,he has shown enough to be kept for a couple more years yet,way too early to tell how he will turn out .....

There is a fair queue in front of him worried about next years pay...

8-)
Allen's first year was destroyed by injury !!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I like your setup Big Mart, but I would have Geary ahead of Gwilt.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Firstly...I think every game is a must win game.....we may not win them all....but this year all teams are capable of winning if you take them lightly. Even Melb, though their confidence is now pretty shot.

So our players need to go in as if it is a must win game.

On slection...well I think most are agreed on Gardi and schneider if available....and that Rix would be the first out.

Raph vs Charlie. Raph ultimately may be the better player...but playing as mini-Roo Charlie has certainlt being playing good serviceable football. Raph was pretty poor when he was last in...and has only been back at Caset two weeks where repotedly his football ina new forward/mid role has been good.

I would like to see a bit more from him before promtion.....plus for him to geta few more games in this role as he had prior mainly been playing back.

Gwilt...have really heard much of him....but he would have had to have really improved to ratea game in front of Charlie, Geary, Armo

GTrain.....if Gardi does not play...Kosi to ruck and GTrain at FF.

So we still need an out..

Would not surprsie if RL leaves out Armo...but I would not.

L Fisher vs Birss

For the Tigers match i would go with Birrs.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone else get the feeling Lyon doesn't like Armo? Limited time last week but did well, played really well the week before.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:Does anyone else get the feeling Lyon doesn't like Armo? Limited time last week but did well, played really well the week before.
I think it is more that Armo's aerobic capacity is still not at the elite level...hence his game time being limited.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:C.Gardner would be unlucky....but is NOT damaging enough...
IMO it's not his job to be damaging. He should present as a target and offer a link role, this is what we need most in our side. Dropping him would be a huge mistake.

Agreed that Gwilt would be better at CHB than Maguire. Raph should be played as a half forward at Casey for a few more weeks to see if he slots in there nicely.

mischa
Club Player

Must WIN game!......
Sure is. A loss is unacceptable. It would be like losing to Carlscum (although to be honest the match against PA and the way they've been playing this year was nearly the equivalent!). Just do it!

"Thanks korters. If Richmond kick more goals they'll win"-R.Scumbag (nee Walls)

The All Spin Zone-Saintsational.com
spert
Saintsational Legend

Just need half a dozen players to lift their work-rate and we will win a lot of games. Too many cruisers and not enough workers.

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

I really hope the boys get up on the weekend. We need to start winning games and getting on a roll.

I think this week will be very difficult selection wise. I would love to see Raph up forward for a change and even bringing in geary would be good to see. Definitely need to get rid of some of the taggers, the team just seem to unbalanced. We need forward potency and pressure in the backline. If we can shut down Richo& Brown and also their midfield especially King and Foley then i think we will be well on the way to winning. Riewoldt needs to step up another level and demolish Thursfield who at times has had the edge of Riewoldt. I think early on in the game we will be able to tell how he is travelling goal kicking and set up wise.

I hope Rossy has revved the boys up and given them an all-mighty spray for last week's effort. Look forward to saturday.

Go saints in '09!
Behind Play
Club Player

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:I really hope the boys get up on the weekend. We need to start winning games and getting on a roll.

I think this week will be very difficult selection wise. I would love to see Raph up forward for a change and even bringing in geary would be good to see. Definitely need to get rid of some of the taggers, the team just seem to unbalanced. We need forward potency and pressure in the backline. If we can shut down Richo& Brown and also their midfield especially King and Foley then i think we will be well on the way to winning. Riewoldt needs to step up another level and demolish Thursfield who at times has had the edge of Riewoldt. I think early on in the game we will be able to tell how he is travelling goal kicking and set up wise.

I hope Rossy has revved the boys up and given them an all-mighty spray for last week's effort. Look forward to saturday.

Ross does not give sprays

starsign
Club Player

not keen on your ruck set up Big Mal
I pesume you must have Kozi changing with M Gardner a FF, as Blake has a role on Rico
Would think it a great oppoetunity to get a game into Mcevoy, even if Gards is ok
He wont get a look in when both Gards and King are back , and this will leave Kozi up forward for most of the match and Blake free to run with Richo

Dempster Max Baker
BJ Chips Blake (Richo)
Gram Joey Schniderman
X Roo NDS
Milne Kozi Ball

M Gardner Hayes Harves

INT McEvoy Armo ( Mid) R clarke ( forw/mid ) L Fisher (back /tag)

In M Gardner McEvoy Schnieder R clarke
Out Rix C Gardner Birss McGuire

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

INS
Schneids,G,Gardy,Mcevoy

OUTS:
L.fisher,Rix,Dempster,mcguire...( on form id drop mcguire)

starsign
Club Player

INS
Schneids,G,Gardy,Mcevoy

OUTS:
L.fisher,Rix,Dempster,mcguire...( on form id drop mcguire)
ME TOO

so are you suggesting back to
The G & Kozi Show at FF which clearly needs work
or play McEvoy in the pocket ?

starsign
Club Player

or are you advocating G ff, Kozi chff & Roo wing?
we need more info to asses your line up