Robert Walls= Bias wanker

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainteronline

Robert Walls= Bias wanker

Listened to him on the fifth quarter

He was asked by the ex-Collingwood wanker, who would win out of Geelong and Hawthorn

he replied that at the moment he thought Geelong would win, but that Hawthorn were improving
and closing the gap

and that these two were the best teams in the league

he then proceeded to say that St Kilda were in real trouble?

I'll admit it wasn't a great win

but we had just beaten the same team, that the previous week had been beaten by Hawthorn by two goals

(That's Hawthorn) the team that he said would challenge Geelong

Richmond are a very improved team, they have proved that over the last three weeks

yet because we only just beat them, we are in real trouble?

Get real

like I said it wasn't a great win, but it was a win against a greatly improved side.

Robert Walls is a Bias wanker

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sounds fair enough to me what he said. Why is he biased because he thinks we are going no good. Makes about half on here biased as well.

axcellence
Club Player

Riewoldt out for the collingwood game and possibly more.
X Clarke out with hammy.
Kosi on strike charges...

Oh... and Hawthorn had 36 scoring shots to 14 against richmond... Just that Buddy had kicked 1.7.

sainteronline

Use your reasoning powers

on one hand he says that Geelong and Hawthorn are the two best teams in the league

with Hawthorn improving

you with me so far?

We beat the same team that Hawthorn beat by 12 points the week before

(A vastly improved team )

and we are in real trouble?

like I said it wasn't a great win

but it was a good win

Robert Walls hates St Kilda

and if you can't see the bias in his reasoning, then I really can't be bothered explaining it any further to you
Last edited by sainteronline on Sun 04 May 2008 10:33am, edited 1 time in total.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

In this instance I agree with him. We are in trouble as far as a genuine flag prospect this year is concerned, and Hawthorn do appear to be the challanger to Geelong.

Robert Walls is a wanker, I agree, but in this case he's also right.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

He didn't say we are no good, he said that with the injury list and the fact that nobody is in form we are not the match of Geelong and Hawthorn. And we are not. But he said that we are winning when we are not in form and that is good. Whether it's form or game plan time will tell. But winning by a few points sure beats the hell out of losing by a few points. The mood of the Tiger supporters on my train was evidence of that.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yeah I hope we can turn mid season + wins and then find our groove in the back half of the season.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
sainteronline

Dan Warna wrote:yeah I hope we can turn mid season + wins and then find our groove in the back half of the season.
geez thats right we're not even half way yet

matrix
Saintsational Legend

just because the hawks only just beat the tigers last week means nothing.
this is modern day football.
look at the cats at skilled yesterday, lions held it up to them till the last quarter.
strange things happen in footy.
stranger things happen at the saint kilda football club.

like picking players who never take the chance when given it.
play some youngsters or im gonna spit soon.

starsign
Club Player

Yet in immediate post game discussions Wallsey I got the distinct impression he was still pushing the saints bandwagon,4-3 and up there with still a good chance (to be runner-up as I predicted) etc, and added "I hope they persevere with Gehrig"
I thought ...go easy Walls, we know you helped select the coach , but you can surely back off a bit now

super dooper
Club Player

Are we talking about the same Robert Walls that helped appoint our coach Ross Lyon? I dont think he hates stkilda.

He is entitled to his opinion and for this rare occasion i have to agree with him that we are in a bit of trouble AT THE MOMMENT. we can get out of this hole, but its certainly not at the panic stage yet.

Walls rates us high each year, and unfortunately his credibility is on the line in the media by consistenting putting us in the top 3 on the ladder so he has to mount some argument why we may not finish as high as he and most of us actually anticipated.

Richter
SS Life Member

Wow! Did you watch the game last night SOL?

We were smashed in the clearances and hard ball gets.... by RICHMOND!? :evil:

That's the second game this season (WB the other) - we were extremely lucky to win.

In case you haven't seen Hawthorn and Geelong are 7-0 and we are 4-3. Big difference.

Last night finally told me that we have players, especially in the midfield who we massively overrate.

I reckon we're about 50-50 to make the 8. About 20-1 to win the flag.

Given the expectations that many of us had for this teamlist a few years ago that is problematic.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
sainteronline

Richter wrote:Wow! Did you watch the game last night SOL?
yes
We were smashed in the clearances and hard ball gets.... by RICHMOND!? :evil:
richmond who in 3 prev games 12pts to hawks,drew bullys and flogged freo
That's the second game this season (WB the other) - we were extremely lucky to win.
we lost to doggies
In case you haven't seen Hawthorn and Geelong are 7-0 and we are 4-3. Big difference.
round 7 ,15 to go
Last night finally told me that we have players, especially in the midfield who we massively overrate.

I reckon we're about 50-50 to make the 8. About 20-1 to win the flag.
50-50 top 4 maybe(at the moment)
Given the expectations that many of us had for this teamlist a few years ago that is problematic.
once again rnd 7

StSteven
Club Player

When we won 10 in a row we believed we were going to become a "Power Team" in the AFL, The Geelong side at the time was a rival that we thought had nowhere near as good a list as us. Many were dismissive of Thompson and ridiculed him. GT said he could "smell a couple of flags". We were feeling good.

Geelong have lost 1 game (by less than a goal) in the past season and 7 matches, and have a flag. Tthey are the "Power Team" with 7-0. We are a struggling middle of the pack side and we are supposed to feel comfident.

Not even the spin doctors can make that believable! Getting excited about scraping home against Richmond was not what I expected.

For me "THe Dream is over", it is now only a dream, at Geelong it is an expectation. I was going to say lucky bast..ds but it was not luck, 31 wins out of 32 games is not luck.