Raph Clarke - I have faith.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Raph Clarke - I have faith.

I want to preface this by saying that no negative comments about raph Clarke. If you want to bitch about his decision making, poor skill level or speed, go to the other topic on raph Clarke, that's why it was created.

This topic is for all the posters who believe in the guy. The posters out there who have supported him all this time. Who know he has what it takes and he just needs to have some more experience so he can develop.

Raph Clarke, I believe in you!

:D

The Peanut
Club Player

I support you too Raph - can't waite for you to break some games open. :D

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I also hope he improves.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

i want to see him playing up forward

he is unpredictable..and as a tall i dont want to see that in defence...i dont like the heart attacks...a 21 year old shouldnt have the heart condition i do because of him :shock:

he would be a great addition to the forward line and even on a wing...it would be great to see him there

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:i want to see him playing up forward

he is unpredictable..and as a tall i dont want to see that in defence...i dont like the heart attacks...a 21 year old shouldnt have the heart condition i do because of him :shock:

he would be a great addition to the forward line and even on a wing...it would be great to see him there
It is imperative that he plays up the ground. just trial him in the forward line for one match. I think the reason why he goes the punch is because he doesn't back himself to try and take a mark because he knows how much pressure he is on to keep his place. Therefore, he punches because it denies the opposition a mark - why on earth Ross plays someone fighting for his career like Raph in defence is beyond me.

PLaying out of position and this needs to be rectified immediately.

A positive thing about him - his disposal is not that poor. As long as he isn't under pressure, he can do some pretty good things with the ball. A couple of decent assits and set-ups of vital passages often result when he is not under pressure. Unfortunately, when he is under pressure, mainly in the first and final quarters, it does let him down. A caller on SEN said he should be dropped and when asked who should replace him, she replied Clinton Jones.

:shock: NO! I like CJ, but his disposal is too poor for AFL level. Obviously, he needs to get experience in order to improve this, but NOT replacing Raph. PLus I think CJ should be in the midfield anyway.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Whats he played? 40 games or so?

Ive been telling family that in 3 to 4 years he will be regarded as one of the top 25 players in the AFL.

I was once a critic of Raph. I created many a thread bagging him on here and Bigfooty.

I now believe.

dsreg1
Club Player

I believe as well. The more people bag him, the more i like him and want him to keep his spot.

Posters keep crying out for the club to blood youngsters, (mcevoy, geary), yet cry foul when the player with the most potential of all is given time to learn the game.

It's not like we are flying anyway, give him a go.

congorozides
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:i want to see him playing up forward

I agree we should try him forward. his best asset is his marking and his height and agility. maybe michael o loughlin? forward pocket?

hes not a backman.

GrumpyOne

Enough is enough. :x

Either we play him in the forward line or we let him go to another club.

The Saints are ruining this young man's career.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

There is no doubt...Raph has the talent to become a very good player....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
jill
Club Player

I'm also a fan. Thought he was going to to be great on Sat. night the way he started off on the FORWARD LINE. Was still one of our best players after being shifted to defence. Does a lot of hard working,little things that many don't give him credit for. However I wish the'd play him on a half forward flank and let him really display his creative talents!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

with riewoldt's injury now is the perfect time to try him in the forward line or the wing.

he's the creative type, not the dour, close-checking type and it's pointless trying to turn him into something he is not and never will be.

congorozides
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:Enough is enough. :x

Either we play him in the forward line or we let him go to another club.

The Saints are ruining this young man's career.
agree.

congorozides
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:with riewoldt's injury now is the perfect time to try him in the forward line or the wing.

he's the creative type, not the dour, close-checking type and it's pointless trying to turn him into something he is not and never will be.
agree play him forward pocket and tell him only 2 things. go for your marks. and lead into space. simple.

id also be using riewoldt on a wing more often these anyway - ESPECIALLY when hes down on form.

congorozides
Club Player

Ross Lyon has not got an innovative or orginal bone in his body. He is so incredibly conformist.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

would like to see him given a regular spot and a chance to develop at senior level. This is the first year since we drafted him that he's been injury free through pre-season and season proper. Lacks confidence IMO and needs to be given the opportunity to develop this year or let him go somewhere else.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

just out of curiousity was farmer, phil matera or didak asked to play much in the HBF or BP?

edit: then again our whole on field 22 often find themselves playing in the HBF, or BP in recent games :lol:

still scored enough to get over the ine against the tigers.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
NeXus James

As I've said in previous posts, Raph has the build speed and endurance to be a great player. He just needs more games under his belt. When he gets to the 100 games mark he will be one of our best players.

I personally think his best position would be as a running half back with Gilbert on the other back flank. They are both the same age so they could both develop at the same time and would become the best rebounding half back line in the league.

ratismeat
Club Player

It's a hard one, he looks like such a great footballer, seems to have the faith of a lot of higher ups, I don't know but hope he gets a shot up forward. If that fails he'll find more success at a different club, no doubt. Good luck Raph.

Mooksy
Club Player

I really really want to believe but I just can't. Hope he proves me wrong.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Raph as a forward will rip games apart...What imbecile(s) ever thought he was a defender...

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

I've bagged Raph Clarke endlessly and he still hasn't quit.

Therefore, i will now support him. Put him in the forwardline.

FULL FORWARD.

Long bombs to Raph.

Hawkesbury Saint
Club Player

Here in Darwin you can also get a perspective from what he has done in younger years.

I have incredible faith in Raph. I love the way both he and X move. They will be great for the Saints.

I appreciated his efforts on Saturday night. Some of the things blamed on Raph were not things he was responsible to be dealing with. I'd love to see him up forward. Why not the wing like a modern day Val Perovic?

Saints Footy - Let all others follow.
bergsone
SS Life Member

Parts of his game sat were good ,lets hope its the turning point for him.Hasthe skills and ability ,confidence could could be all thats missing.

villasaint
Club Player

his tackling was good on Saturday night. Will get another shot next week.