I love the saints because......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

I love the saints because......

After a toxic week in the world of saintsational, with fingers pointed at young players, the stupid posts of young idiots and a real bad feeling around this place I want everyone to enjoy the weekend off. Lets all relise that each of us love the saints.

We are 5th on the ladder, have the weekend off to give players time to get over niggles, we have harvey, we have the best colours in the league, saints supporters are the most loyal......

I love the saints because they are the most exciting club to support and be part of. Nothing is ever boring!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I love the saints because..... I was brainwashed as a child.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

EYE HART DA SAYNTZ

I love the Saints because they are my family.

... or at least feels like it :oops:

Behind Play
Club Player

I love them because soon, we are going to have the greatest year of our lives.

twirlyhair
Club Player

Re: I love the saints because......

Solar wrote:After a toxic week in the world of saintsational, with fingers pointed at young players, the stupid posts of young idiots and a real bad feeling around this place I want everyone to enjoy the weekend off. Lets all relise that each of us love the saints.

We are 5th on the ladder, have the weekend off to give players time to get over niggles, we have harvey, we have the best colours in the league, saints supporters are the most loyal......

I love the saints because they are the most exciting club to support and be part of. Nothing is ever boring!
Mate it is attitudes like yours that has resulted in mediocrity at this club. We should never be happy with mediocrity and that is what we have had for over a hundred years. It is about time that all supporters stand up and demand success and make the admin and coaches accountable....have a look at the successful clubs...that is what happens.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote:Mate it is attitudes like yours that has resulted in mediocrity at this club. We should never be happy with mediocrity...
On the other hand, Norman Vincent Peale once said:
"There is real magic in enthusiasm. It spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment."

Perhaps Solar's post falls into the category of positive thought.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote:
Solar wrote:After a toxic week in the world of saintsational, with fingers pointed at young players, the stupid posts of young idiots and a real bad feeling around this place I want everyone to enjoy the weekend off. Lets all relise that each of us love the saints.

Mate it is attitudes like yours that has resulted in mediocrity at this club. We should never be happy with mediocrity and that is what we have had for over a hundred years. It is about time that all supporters stand up and demand success and make the admin and coaches accountable....have a look at the successful clubs...that is what happens.
No successful clubs are ones where the supporters get out there, buy memberships, roar during games, be passionate about the game and it's role in it. AND if at the end of the season they are no successful they make sure the club knows about it.

Thats why the likes of essendon, collingwood etc. have all been successful. Because they don't come out with "sack the coach" when a few things don't go their way. I used to enjoy the football, the stories, the passion, the excitement.... my team out there against the opposition. Now all it's about is bitching and naval gazing.

We have to get over the whole "what can the club do for me" and bring back "what can I do for my club".... because without this club spirit there is nothing except some overpaid footballers.

btw there are heaps of threads bagging players, coaches, admin and everyone else. Some of it is constructive, some not. Go enjoy yourself in those threads and leave this thread to creating something positive, passionate... something that will get behind this club!

FQF
In richo I trust

Solar
Saintsational Legend

I love the stkilda football club because I can catch a train from geelong, meet a tradie who is a stranger and we can have a 40 minute chat about all things stkilda.

I love this club, it's members and supporters!

FQF
In richo I trust

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

I love all things St.kilda Football club because in a sense it represents the highs and lows of life itself...

From bitter heartbreak and tears of frustration to moments of sheer joy and pride...

St.Kilda people are the salt of the earth and have stong characters because they know what pushing trough tough times and keeping the faith are all about...

And in the religous tradition of reward through pain we must surely have a bloody big celebration coming our way before we all die... :roll:

And as St.Kilda Supporters we know how to celebrate....

Ask any social club members in the eighties :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
esaint66
SS Life Member

I love st kilda because
* they were the most exciting team when i was a kid
* they sum up my life perfectly (trying really hard but never quite getting there)
* they are my family.

asiu

coz i'm catholic .....saints
coz i'm also into .......'the religious tradition of reward through pain'

and i know i made the right choice coz i still think stkilda girls in red white and black are pretty cute and i especially love beating collingwood

happy days , theres none better

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

..Because they are the only constant throughout my life...people come and go..but every year ,for better or worse, they front up..

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Because they make me feel.

I feel ANGRY when they lose
I feel SAD when they lose
I feel HAPPY when they win
They give me so much excitement that can rarely be matched.

I love the saints and my week to week happyness goes along way to being on the up after a big thumping win.

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
jill
Club Player

:D I love the Saints because my earliest memory is holding my Pop's hand while waiting to catch the tram to the Junction Oval - I was 2 ! & have no recollection of the game!
To detailed to tell but after my Dad & Pop died (was 10) spent a whole day writing a letter to the club begging them to win a premiership for Dad, Grandpa & me - a LONG STORY how the club eventually got it BUT end result photo in Herald, membership tickets for my sister & me & after 5 years visiting Dad in hospital evey Sat. we started going back to following the Saints.
I could honestly write a book about how great following the Saints through thick & thin has been - I've got so many great yarns. but must add that when expectations are high like start of this season it is SO FRUSTRATING when expectations are lowered -BUT - DON'T LOSE THE FAITH!!!!! :D

:D :D

markinUSA
SS Life Member

St. Kilda - It's a club, it's a family.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
esaint66
SS Life Member

Along with footscary/western bulldogs, they are the true battlers of the comp and you've gotta love an underdog. :wink:

GRAMophone
Club Player

Well - like others they've been a constant in my life for over 40 years now and I can't imagine losing the passion ever.

You live with the hope and belief that one day we are going to have our day in September and i picture the scenes at Moorabbin in the days following.

My only fear is that I would be so excited in the last quarter that I'd have a heart attack and miss the lot!!

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
esaint66
SS Life Member

gramophone***111 wrote:My only fear is that I would be so excited in the last quarter that I'd have a heart attack and miss the lot!!

I think there are many others (me included) in that catagory, if i were you maybe book yourself into a hospital and watch the game from there :wink:

btw i'm joking

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Ok, so I love St.Kilda - it's in my blood forever - like a disease often!!!

Why have we been so unsuccessful for so long is the burning question?

Is it due to our location (until the ealy 90's) in the southern suburbs, away from the really (traditionally) hard working class inner city suburbs?

Back then, was the culture of the South more laid back and less stressful?

Did it bring with it the lack of drive to succeed in footy, both playing wise and administratively that the harsh working class based teams had?

We don't have a shinboner spirit, or a tribal culture like Collingwood, Essendon or Carlton.

Hawthorn where shyte for about 40 years before winning their first flag, and they were also, like St.Kilda, based in a better, non-working class area. But they forged together some soul and passion and became strong from the top.

Let's hope Westaway and Lyon can do this at St Kilda.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.