That's it Folks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

That's it Folks

Firstly why was the Team Vs Pies thread locked?
http://saintsational.com/forum/viewtopi ... c&start=75
anyway as I said in that thread I knew we weren't up to it, I knew as bad as Collingwood may be we weren't any better.
Just a little hint for a few on here, it's ok to be positive but please have a bit of respect for those have been around long enough to be able to see the signs.
In other words, instead of having a go at a poster for sharing his or her thoughts if they may seem to be in the negative, take it on board as something that could be constructive or at least credible.
I started a thread on Raph Clarke and couldn't believe the amount of opposition and replies in the nature of how negative I was and that Raph is a required talent.
Some need to get a grip, get passed the adolescent nature of everything is going to be ok just because.
Wake and smell the roses, we were beaten by a very ordinary side tonight and have no qualms about the worry of getting finals tickets.
I look forward to the responses labeling me as a negative and defeatist supporter, been there and done that and one day you will know what I am on about. I know there are other members that understand where I am coming from, this is directed at the newbies who require a tap with the reality stick.
Go Saints.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Its difficuklt Fireman I hear you - I also thought we just lost a game against abn ordinary side on our HOME TURF that - even with injuries - we shouldve won.

We simply arent what the names on "paper" tell us we are - thems the facts.

Meanwhile....the Cats stare down flag No 2...... :cry:

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Its difficuklt Fireman I hear you - I also thought we just lost a game against abn ordinary side on our HOME TURF that - even with injuries - we shouldve won.

Imagine what the Cats would have done to either sides tonight? :roll:

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Teffers, nail/head/hit. It's the "names" who keep letting us down. Blokes who were better footballers before they became men. Christ it's frustrating.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

i thought all the "names" did pretty well tonight, except Kosi and Gram

i thought the likes of C Gardiner, Clark, Schneider and Fisher were among the worst for us

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:i thought all the "names" did pretty well tonight, except Kosi and Gram

i thought the likes of C Gardiner, Clark, Schneider and Fisher were among the worst for us
Very harsh on Grammy tonight. He was OK.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:Teffers, nail/head/hit. It's the "names" who keep letting us down. Blokes who were better footballers before they became men. Christ it's frustrating.
Thats the frustrating part....how can MNalthouse drag decent footy outr of a Medhurst or Davis who was great tonight.....meanwhile we have Dal whose struggles this year, Kosi whose struggled this year (and has now played enough consecutive games from injury lets be real), Raph Clarke ..top 5 draft pick, X Clarke playing in fits and spurts....on and on.....we see the names and just NEVER get the consistent level from them that we know exist cause we see it for short bursts.....

In truth, and I spose tgo be fair, we are carrying some guys that youd question would get a game at other AFL clubs.....geezus we hung onto to Brookes, Murray etc for zeons...were they "snapped up"?

I recall a mad Geelong mate of mine when I mentioned how wrapt I was to get C Gradiner for zilch......his reply?..."he'll be good for your VFL...........wont win you a game of footy..."

Jones? Birrs? Fiora?........I mean where are we really at....

F@rk its frustrating.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:i thought all the "names" did pretty well tonight, except Kosi and Gram

Raph? Gehrig? King?...wouldnt call their games stellar....and Gram was "serviceable" at best.

“Yeah….nah””
SuperSaint
Club Player

I also agree with Fireman's post. The reality is we are a long way off from being a flag threat with the list we have. There are a number of very average and overrated players at the club. Time for rebuilding the list and planning for the future.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

Raph? Gehrig? King?...wouldnt call their games stellar....and Gram was "serviceable" at best.
i mentioned Raph

King did his job as a number 2 ruckman IMO, lots of taps, gave the midfield first use of the ball

Gehrig, did what he could with what he was given, was better than Kosi, Rocca and Cloke IMO, not a game for the big forwards

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Monty petered as the game wore on and kicked in utter panic more than a couple of times. Milne had the chance to get us within a kick with a few minutes to go and give us momentum - butchered it. Hayes blew 3 almost gimmes. Goddard played panic footy about 4 times. Schneider (premiership player, that's what gave him his name) was woeful. Gram's been horrid for 6 weeks.

Blake thrashed Cloke, Max towelled Rocca, Banger ran us back into the game late, Ball busted same all night, Gardiner was good (not Charlie), Birss was exceptional on Shaw (and hurt him twice), King let us control the clearances.

But, of all the favourite sons, it was Kosi we needed to stamp himself tonight. And, he crashed and burned. Either Gia did him more damage that we know, or we have all overrated him massively.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

SuperSaint wrote:I also agree with Fireman's post. The reality is we are a long way off from being a flag threat with the list we have. There are a number of very average and overrated players at the club. Time for rebuilding the list and planning for the future.
These are the harsh realities, time to get angry and to start looking for answers instead of accepting mediocrity.
The reason why I posted this thread was simply to point that many on here are willing to blindly stick up for some players who simply can't cut it, we are allowed to be critical.
Criticism can produce positives.
We could have have won that game tonight but that's not the point..Collingwood are ordinary...where does that leave us.
Last edited by The Fireman on Sat 17 May 2008 1:21am, edited 1 time in total.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

L Fisher on Lockyer was good Blake on Cloke was magnificent thought Gram held onto the ball to long again first option is the best Gram. Whole midfield played well including both rucks. Really missed Roo thats what I think was the differance.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

I forgot Leigh Fisher. He was more than adequate. Importantly, he played to something like his ability. If only more of the $500K+ slaries did the same.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

cant actually say i believe that anyone in that side against the pies deserves half a million bucks.

except lenny :P
cause he's a friggin legnd 8-)

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Nope, his goal kicking keeps him under the 5.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:Nope, his goal kicking keeps him under the 5.
true
prob the only thing that he needs to pick up on

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Whatever we're paying Kosi at the moment, we're overpaying him.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Most players did the job required on their respective apponents but its when we have the ball going forward we just simply butcher it.

How many times we were moving forward with all our players moving with the the flow and the we just turn it over
The opposition just run it back down the ground as we are all out of position.

The game plan is there its our ability to kick a ball under pressure and choose the right option when attacking.

Simply our skill levels are poor and opposition have worked this out and just wait for a simple turnover.

Exeptions to Harvey and Goddard - Lenny Hayes tonight was as not clean which is a bit unfare to him but missed shots AT goal and made couple of errors with disposal.

go saintz

Spot on Firemen

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Teflon wrote:Its difficuklt Fireman I hear you - I also thought we just lost a game against abn ordinary side on our HOME TURF that - even with injuries - we shouldve won.

Imagine what the Cats would have done to either sides tonight? :roll:
Had a bloody field-day I'd imagine! :shock: i don't know where to begin in regards to HOW the game should have been played. Collingwood have something, but by God we should have had just so much more *F***!!!!* :evil:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
givebangerarealflag

Reality is their indiginous players are better than ours - X has shown some good stuff - but since Neil Elvis Winmar - we have struggled in that department.

We also need some tough nuts who worry the opposition - Bakes and Sammy did it well (Sammy's hit on Aker in Rd 22 2005 made a very early statement in the 4th second of the game!) - but Bakes can't do it alone.

Proud Player Sponsor of Thommo in 07 and Banger in 08 - great initiative Saints
SuperSaint
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:cant actually say i believe that anyone in that side against the pies deserves half a million bucks.

except lenny :P
cause he's a friggin legnd 8-)
Bally was the only other shinning light. I expected Monty was going to show a harder edge to his game this year but he has a long way to go still as a premier ball winning midfielder.