Harvey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Harvey

How good was Harves tonight? Seriously it breaks my heart to think we let him down all the time. Easily St Kilda's greatest player ever. A privilege to watch him play, enjoy you Melbourne people, don't take it for granted.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

i thought he was great tonight - stood up when we needed it.

So dissapointed as I thought the fairy tale was this year....he'll still go out a champion.

“Yeah….nah””
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

can u believe his tank?

He ran out the last qtr like it was the 1st

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

it is so freakish, it is beyond belief. We are not worthy of him.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

it's really heartbreaking....

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

i'll get in early - could he go another year?

;)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Ah, Beverley, we were there when he started (and before). It has been, and continues to be, a joy.

But, bugger me, why is he having to keep us alive in games, still? Why can't the junior burgers run out a game? And why in the freak can't blokes like Milne convert the old man's late work (which would have given us a real chance, BTW)?

A joy. A sad, sad joy.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

The_Dud wrote:i'll get in early - could he go another year?

;)
Another year???.....shhhhiiiiiitttttt

Another decade more like it

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

What pissies me off is the apparent disrespect his team mates are showing him. They are paid professional footballers, they cant be just...well this bad, can they? In a way I hope so, otherwise they dont value the true great they have the privlidge of playing with. :evil:

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Buckley commented in the last ten minutes that Harves is still doing what he has done his whole career - running the hardest when others can't.

The Great Man is an absolute champ, and yes we Melbournians do appreciate every minute we see live of him.

Sainter_4_life
Club Player

What about the run down the middle of the ground, the bork, and then the lace out pass to milne in the last. Almost brought a tear to my eye !

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

This post just rings so true as to what we all think about Harvey! The bloke tries his guts out, week after week, month after month year after year!! Can we dig just a little bit deeper??? Can we swallow some of the doubt and just believe we can do something to give this champion EVEN one last sniff of what it would be like to win this club such a friggin elusive flag???? FFS DIG!!!!! AND DIG DEEP!!! ( To Collingwood, of all the horrible fricken teams!!!!! Grrrrrr I HATE THEM!!!!)

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
JeffDunne

When Harv's took that mark in the forward line late in that game you could read his thought process after he took the mark.

It was like "F*** it, I'm going to go back and kick this" and he did.

I was hoping that level of determination was going to rub off on some of his team-mates.

Sadly it didn't and even sadder is we have very few players that come close to his level of determination.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Re: Harvey

Saint Bev wrote:How good was Harves tonight? Seriously it breaks my heart to think we let him down all the time. Easily St Kilda's greatest player ever. A privilege to watch him play, enjoy you Melbourne people, don't take it for granted.
Okay, I've finally made 1000 posts and there's no better subject to discuss than Robert Harvey.

There simply aren't enough superlatives to describe Robert Harvey.

I wish the players on our list would realise just how lucky they are to be playing along the greatest ever footballer..
That's right, I said 'GREATEST EVER FOOTBALLER' and I'd challenge any 'expert' to prove me wrong.
Voss, Buckley, Hird, Matthews( :roll: ), Ablett, Carey( :roll: )??? Can anyone seriously suggest they've given more to the game than Robert Harvey??

Robert Harvey..perhaps the most humble champion you could come across.

Robert Harvey..FAIREST & BEST doesn't begin to describe not only his talent; but also the WAY he plays football.

Robert Harvey..never complains about umpires, conditions, or opposition tactics.

Robert Harvey..just motors on!..and on...and on... and on!! He is the Human 'Energiser Bunny'!!

Robert Harvey..without doubt the greatest example of what a footballer should be.

If everyone in the league aspired to play football like Robert Harvey, you'd have an amazing competition.
There'd be no need for Umpires because the players could govern the game themselves!!

Robert Harvey has to stay on until Connor gets drafted.

You are a legend, Banger!!... and Football is all the richer for your involvement .

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
SuperSaint
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:When Harv's took that mark in the forward line late in that game you could read his thought process after he took the mark.

It was like "F*** it, I'm going to go back and kick this" and he did.

I was hoping that level of determination was going to rub off on some of his team-mates.

Sadly it didn't and even sadder is we have very few players that come close to his level of determination.
That is exactly right. Watch him train compared to the majority of the other players and it is obvious they haven't got the passion to be the very best they can in their chosen careers. Harvey is still and always has been the hardest trainer at the club and it is very disappointing that apart from Hayes, Ball & Riewoldt, no other player comes close to his level of effort/preparation and the guy is 37 years old! Truly inspiring to all us supporters and just about all from the opposition teams, yet so few at our club take a 'leaf out of the great man's book' as to what it actually takes to take the club to the top. Harvey continues on pushing his body well after the others have had enough.
I have said it before and will say it again, watch the gut wrenching effort the great man puts in when he trains and then, for example, watch the effort the two Clarkes put in. From that alone, you can see why these two have done bugger all in their careers to date.
Last edited by SuperSaint on Sat 17 May 2008 11:41am, edited 1 time in total.

danners
Club Player

Sainter_4_life wrote:What about the run down the middle of the ground, the bork, and then the lace out pass to milne in the last. Almost brought a tear to my eye !
absolutely brilliant Sainter_4_life.

i just sat back in my seat when i watched the world as it seemed to slow down and harvs just effortlessly did what he has done his whole career

21 years old, proud member since 1998!
Bono
Club Player

A few of his team mates should take a look in the mirror and ask themselves if they deserve to play with him. For my liking, not enough of them get out of their comfort zone. He does - every week. Some of them should be embarrassed to be in the same team as him.

dsreg1
Club Player

Isn't it sad that we all think he deserves so much better.

I almost, (almost), wish he had played elsewhere to get the premiership he deserves.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Number 1 in my book, but never at any other club. His goal in the last quarter was exactly as described by a previous poster. So why him and not others who missed sitters? How about hard work, hard work and more hard work.

bergsone
SS Life Member

CHAMPION ,another year? yes please when your still producing that sort of footy ,why not

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:CHAMPION ,another year? yes please when your still producing that sort of footy ,why not
Dont think he will.....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:CHAMPION ,another year? yes please when your still producing that sort of footy ,why not
He aint going to play next year. Only played this year because he thought we may be a chance for the big one. I think he will realise we havent got a hope next season.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Another year? Who would want to put the poor bloke through that?

bergsone
SS Life Member

Another year ,yes sorry im just greedy,BUT

esaint66
SS Life Member

Sainter_4_life wrote:What about the run down the middle of the ground, the bork, and then the lace out pass to milne in the last. Almost brought a tear to my eye !

It's a bit odd to say but you wouldnt expect anything less from banger and for the millionth time i was just sitting there with my mouth open and muttering somethng like the bloke he beat was a fraction of his age.

Come on banger keep going. We love you. :D