Give him a job

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rexy
SS Life Member

Give him a job

A couple of years ago, start of 06 I think, Goose bulked up to much over the off season, he started the season slowly and was not in good form at all. We came up against Sydney in Sydney and Barry Hall was a real worry, he had touched us up physically in the 05 finals and was in good form. Goose obviously had set himself for the match and gave him a bath. Until he broke his leg later that year he was playing good footy, turned around by one big performance IMO.

Should we give Kosi the job on Brown this week, set him for it and build him up for it. Tell the rest of the boys not to worry Because Kosi is going to hold Brown for us. See if we cant get him back into the kind of form that we know he can deliver. Or is this to big a gamble for the team structure and his confidence if he fails.

Maybe this year?
jk23
Club Player

Re: Give him a job

rexy wrote:A couple of years ago, start of 06 I think, Goose bulked up to much over the off season, he started the season slowly and was not in good form at all. We came up against Sydney in Sydney and Barry Hall was a real worry, he had touched us up physically in the 05 finals and was in good form. Goose obviously had set himself for the match and gave him a bath. Until he broke his leg later that year he was playing good footy, turned around by one big performance IMO.

Should we give Kosi the job on Brown this week, set him for it and build him up for it. Tell the rest of the boys not to worry Because Kosi is going to hold Brown for us. See if we cant get him back into the kind of form that we know he can deliver. Or is this to big a gamble for the team structure and his confidence if he fails.
Agree 100%

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Only if Rooy plays otherwise he has to play forward.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

Re: Give him a job

rexy wrote:A couple of years ago, start of 06 I think, Goose bulked up to much over the off season, he started the season slowly and was not in good form at all. We came up against Sydney in Sydney and Barry Hall was a real worry, he had touched us up physically in the 05 finals and was in good form. Goose obviously had set himself for the match and gave him a bath. Until he broke his leg later that year he was playing good footy, turned around by one big performance IMO.

The differences are huge.

For Goose, he'd already played 4 or 5 games at CHB, and just needed a bit of luck for his form to turn. He got good coverage from the other players, had a bit of luck and all of a sudden he looked a million bucks.

Kossi has been playing forward all year, and some of last year in ruck or forward. To play him against Brown would be a risk with a terrible risk / benefit factor.

If Brown were to have an average day, against a Kossi who hasn't played as a defender since 04/05....he would kick 6.

Batnoe

I think Goddard can play on Brown

If not, play Goddard as FF in lew of Kosi

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Batnoe wrote:I think Goddard can play on Brown

If not, play Goddard as FF in lew of Kosi
I find this very wasteful of BJ... he is the best kick in the league pin point and this is robbing peter to pay paul... it would be hard for BJ to get 20 kicks in either position and that is vital for our lack of efficiency with our kicking from the rest of the team

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

kosi is big enough to hold brown

bj to play at chf

rooey to ff

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Kosi FF

Allen CHF

Roo wing attack

BJ HBF

Blake CHB

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

maybe Lyon should do that.....put Kosi on Brown and given him a rocket to do a decent job on him or face the possibility of the magoos.

Kosi needs something to fire him up.......question is, what will work in that regard???

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Kosi needs something to fire him up.......question is, what will work in that regard???
Give up our "ball sponsorship" and have Daniel Giansiracusa's head printed on the ball. :lol:

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

You can't shut down Jonathan Brown.....only injury holds him back.

Our only hope in that department is not contain him.

Kosi or Goddard.....it doesn't matter.....just gotta hope whoever is on him manages to hold him up just a little bit.

GrumpyOne

Even if no Roo, Kosi on Brown.

Gehrig dropped, but only after being named initially, then a late withdrawal through injury.

Go in against the Lions with a mid-size very mobile forward line, and catch them out on the matchups.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I'm tipping Rix to come in to play on Brown.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Love to see it, doubt we will. During his purple patch in '05 I ahd visions of Kosi being another Brown. Hasn't happened (to put it mildly). Still, while Brown would have the wood on the lead, it could be an enthralling dual if we can shut down the space, and it'd leave Max free to play on Bradshaw.

Also wouldn't mid seeing the Saints take a fresh look at the forward line. For all the names we've thrown at it, the only thing as bad as our delivery has been out forward structure. I really would mid seeing a forward structure built on Allen, Raph, <insert list of usual suspects here (paging bigcarl! :) )> and seeing if a fresh approach can get things rolling before Reiwoldt returns next week.

Doubt we'll see it though, it's easy to have left field ideas to dream on in cyberspace, reality is generally more conservative.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:maybe Lyon should do that.....put Kosi on Brown and given him a rocket to do a decent job on him or face the possibility of the magoos.
needs to be settled into a position ... ff imo ... rather than being shunted around.

let max or blake take brown.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Kozi is out of form and its no good hoping he will suddenly turn from an ordinary player into a star CHB in one week -he needs a spell with the Scorps to get confidence

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Kind of scary but perhaps Blake - did job on Cloke last week -maybe ( a big maybe) he can step up and contain Brown - 4 goals conceded would be just about a win.
Would send Kosi back - whether roo plays or not - give Kosi a shot a FF , alternating with CHF thru the game.
Max could go Brown but i'd have him on Bradshaw

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:I'm tipping Rix to come in to play on Brown.
You're still not feeling well, are you?