I've Got it!!!!!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I've Got it!!!!!!!!!

It just occured to me why there is all this pressure on Ross and the boys and the club etc etc....Generation Y, they want everything now.

We never used to be like this at StKilda. We had all the time in the world. Premiership cups were never what it was all about. And yet we have survived for over 100 years. Why is that do ya reckon.

I will pull my pants down and run up the east coast naked if this club is still around in 10 years becauase by about then I reckon all the young kiddies will have traded the Saints in for some new flash team that wins cups say like the Gold Coast Broncos. Bet they have nice flashy colours.

Do me one favour all you young Saints fans in Melbourne pull out the history books and learn what this means.....

FORTIOUS QUO FIDLIUS

milney044
Club Player

As much as i blame Pop for following this team and all the heartache they have/ will cause...i aint goin nowhere :D

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

A true supporter will never leave.

Unless ur a 8 year old kid, if u change teams ur a disgrace

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Grant Thomas and Rod Butterss told us to expect nothing less.

We became products of that mentality.

Lately, now I've noticed a lot of supporters aren't too worried about results...go to the footy, have a bit of a laugh and a few drinks, watch the Sainters kick it about...

Who really cares if we win or lose, eh?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:Grant Thomas and Rod Butterss told us to expect nothing less.

Lately, now I've noticed a lot of supporters aren't too worried about results...go to the footy, have a bit of a laugh and a few drinks, watch the Sainters kick it about...

Yeah i'm sure this is the general feel with our supporters :roll:

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Care about the win, but care about other stuff too. There is no doubt GT and Butterss wanted to win, but along the way they forgot what the club motto was and then we all lost.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

Care about the win, but care about other stuff too. There is no doubt GT and Butterss wanted to win, but along the way they forgot what the club motto was and then we all lost.
They're to blame, Cairnsman?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

For what? Anything that matters tomorrow?

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Re: I've Got it!!!!!!!!!

Cairnsman wrote:It just occured to me why there is all this pressure on Ross and the boys and the club etc etc....Generation Y, they want everything now.

We never used to be like this at StKilda. We had all the time in the world. Premiership cups were never what it was all about. And yet we have survived for over 100 years. Why is that do ya reckon.

I will pull my pants down and run up the east coast naked if this club is still around in 10 years becauase by about then I reckon all the young kiddies will have traded the Saints in for some new flash team that wins cups say like the Gold Coast Broncos. Bet they have nice flashy colours.

Do me one favour all you young Saints fans in Melbourne pull out the history books and learn what this means.....

FORTIOUS QUO FIDLIUS
I agree with everything you say ( but then again i'm one of the older gen supporters your talking about ) except i hope your going to be looking good naked in ten years time because the club and modern day and future supporters are stronger than that. I think this forum shows that.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Care about the win, but care about other stuff too. There is no doubt GT and Butterss wanted to win, but along the way they forgot what the club motto was and then we all lost.
Erm, for exactly what you said - that we want everything now.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Care about the win, but care about other stuff too. There is no doubt GT and Butterss wanted to win, but along the way they forgot what the club motto was and then we all lost.
Erm, for exactly what you said - that we want everything now.
Very funny Cairnsman, love it. Oh, and evertonfc, lighten up 8-)

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Saint Bev, hey love the avatar. A real touch of Queensland in that.

Maybe that's what they all need down in the fishbowl that is footy mad Melbourne. A nice chilling day under the cool of palm tree.

Prodgers
Club Player

20 years of age and a member since '98. i aint going like anywhere like you know, whatever

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Thanks Saint Bev, hey love the avatar. A real touch of Queensland in that.
I thought it had a certain Esplanade at 3am touch to it.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Thanks Saint Bev, hey love the avatar. A real touch of Queensland in that.
I thought it had a certain Esplanade at 3am touch to it.
would that be the Cairns esplanade?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Any Esplanade really...all that's missing is the empty bottle of booze. Not really an image we want to convey to the kids...

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:Any Esplanade really...all that's missing is the empty bottle of booze. Not really an image we want to convey to the kids...
Thats just your mind degruch. When we first came to Qld to live, It was funny going to the footy to see people with umberellas to keep the sun off instead of the rain! Obviously before global warming!! The Saint under a palm tree is mean't to represent the laid back life style in Qld.

esaint66
SS Life Member

I may be one of those 'younger generation supporters' but i have been a member since the year i was born (1993) and i have not witeness the real lows of the mid to late 70's and the 80's but i have bee through the mid 90's a grand final loss and the early 00's ans the only time i ever look impatient is when im complaining about stuff i know we can do and we are not playing to our capability.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

You support your team regardless.....I like many was born a St Kilda fan.....my Dad was the one with a choice.....

He lived in StKilda back in the 80's so he figured why not go for St Kilda.

And because the St George Dragons in the Rugby started with"St" he went for them as well.

Well it's been 25 years of my life and I have yet to see a permiership from either.

But I'm still a supporter.....and so is he.....we love the Saints.....if St Kilda was non existent some time in the future.....I wouldn't be able to follow another team.

I'm a Saint for life.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:
degruch wrote:Any Esplanade really...all that's missing is the empty bottle of booze. Not really an image we want to convey to the kids...
Thats just your mind degruch.
Erm...I have been to Cairns you know. :lol:

BUT, I know what you're getting at...as a (very) pasty southerner (born in WA), I've often thought of going to the footy draped in a poncho and sombrero. In fact, I saw the Saints take out the NAB Cup here in Adelaide in 39 degrees. So, bright sunshine and mid-20's should hinder the Mighty Sainters on Sunday. Hope you'll be flyin' the flag Saint Bev.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:
Thats just your mind degruch.
Erm...I have been to Cairns you know. :lol:

BUT, I know what you're getting at...as a (very) pasty southerner (born in WA), I've often thought of going to the footy draped in a poncho and sombrero. In fact, I saw the Saints take out the NAB Cup here in Adelaide in 39 degrees. So, bright sunshine and mid-20's should hinder the Mighty Sainters on Sunday. Hope you'll be flyin' the flag Saint Bev.
Confusion abounds, Im not from Cairns, I'm from the Gold Coast and yes I will be flying the flag big time, Go Saints

degruch
Saintsational Legend

I think I'm getting you confused with Cairnsman...sorry...nothing personal. Nice work SB, hope your flag waving get the boys revved up!!!

ratismeat
Club Player

This post is bulls#it and patronising. Throwing a bunch of cliches at young fans is a great way to create the sense of community which actually does sustain clubs.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:

Yeah i'm sure this is the general feel with our supporters :roll:
they arent supporters....
thats what u call fans.......and fans suck
supporters do just that........they support
im a supporter, not a fan
too many fans around here sometimes :?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

ratismeat wrote:This post is bulls#it and patronising. Throwing a bunch of cliches at young fans is a great way to create the sense of community which actually does sustain clubs.
Can you articulate what you mean a little further other than by saying this post is bulls***.

And when you say a bunch of clichés did you mean like 'believe or burn'.