How did Ross Lyon come to lose his way? (Discussion starter)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

I think the OP and others are obviously smoking a few too many left handed cigarettes ,,,

As for Lyon not being as good as others in the coaching box , that may well be. The fact remains that a management structure is only as good as all the integral parts put together .

As I read the first page I was wondering what I had missed ,,, we are 9-0 FFS.
When i look over the stats each week there are certainly consistencies from players and more than just 4 of them.

No-one could possibly accuse the boys of not being harder at the footy this year ,, tackle count shows that. So we have had a couple of less than perfect games ,,, still got the 4 points though.

This forum is bound to implode when we drop one.

What will be next from this club ?
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

VietNam_Saint wrote:I think the OP and others are obviously smoking a few too many left handed cigarettes ,,,

As for Lyon not being as good as others in the coaching box , that may well be. The fact remains that a management structure is only as good as all the integral parts put together .

When i look over the stats each week there are certainly consistencies from players and more than just 4 of them.

No-one could possibly accuse the boys of not being harder at the footy this year ,, tackle count shows that. So we have had a couple of less than perfect games ,,, still got the 4 points though.

The first 2 pages of the thread are from a year ago.
It's a retrospective look at the sentiment on here from 12 months ago.

Interesting to me is the number of posters 12 months ago who haven't posted much (at all) in the last 2 months.
Last edited by Mr Magic on Fri 29 May 2009 3:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
VietNam_Saint wrote:I think the OP and others are obviously smoking a few too many left handed cigarettes ,,,

The first 2 pages of the thread are from a year ago.
It's a retrospective look at the sentiment on her from 12 months ago.

Interesting to me is the number of posters 12 months ago who ahven't posted much (at all) in teh last 2 months.
And that was the whole point of the bump, not to show anybody up, or to boast, or to have a go at mb who has changed his opinion to his credit.

It was to show the difference a year makes. there was some very fair critisism of Lyon - nobody could have been happy about the situation last year - but some of the critisism was agenda driven and this is what i found interesting.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Legendary
Club Player

How on earth can anyone attribute the performances of the last two weeks to Leigh Tudor's presence or absence in the coache's box?

I'm sorry, but he is the junior assistant in a coaching group with guys who have been doing this at the top level for years or even decades.

He may have an influence over forward structure, an influence over set plays during the week and some influence over matchups during the game.

But can anyone seriously actually claim that he can be credited for St Kilda's performance?

The way we are playing this year has been evident in patches over the whole time RL has been at the club.

Round 1, 2007 v Melbourne, Round 12, 2007 v West Coast, several matches and quarters and halves in 2008 and obviously this year.

We're just putting it together, and RL has been tweaking and adjusting with some input from the assistants.

Make no mistake.

This is Ross Lyon's football team.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Violent Stool wrote:Saints fans I'm afraid overrate Ross Lyon quite chronically.

Leigh Tudor not being in the box for the past 2 weeks has resulted directly in the Saints playing a very similar way to the way they did under Lyon previously. And it's not very good.

If you're looking for someone to cast in bronze, then it's a toss up between the fitness guy and Leigh Tudor. Not Lyon.
*cough* ...what??? You're drawing a very long bow there.

Or else Ross Lyon sure is fooling a lot of folks - and not just Saints fans.

As for the OP - in most cases I'd be calling for any bump older than a year to be locked by the mods, mainly because it's mostly done for point-scoring. But I agree this has been an interesting read.