What I dont want to see this weekend.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

What I dont want to see this weekend.

After all this talk about being soft etc, I dont want to see the players coming out breathing fire and brimstone and try and play tough guy for about 10 minutes and forget about whay they are out there.

GO in hard at the pill boys. GO hard at the ball for four quarters. Go hard at the man and hit them hard.

Please dont copme out pushing and shoving. It looks pitiful and the only way to not be soft is AT THE BALL.

I remember Melbourne treying the tough stuff on Riewoldt when he came back from his shoulder injury. All wanted to play the tough guy and bump his shoulder. Well we beat them by 85 points and belted them physically as well.

So dont think we will be fooled by a bit of bloody biff Saints.

WE ALL WANT TO YOU SEE YOU ATTACK THE PILL, AND THEN ATTACK IT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Just think you are all Aaron Hamill and play with his G&D.

ATTACK the BALL Saints.

Go you good things.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Good post.

A team that attacks the ball will always beat a team that attacks the man.

Go Sainters

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Well said Joffaboy.....but......

.....if Nathan Carroll was playing I'd have declared a 10 minute amnesty :P

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Well said Joffaboy.....but......

.....if Nathan Carroll was playing I'd have declared a 10 minute amnesty :P
lol - Carroll is a pussy and hit him hard going for the ball and he always went to water.

Isn't he now the standin for Mr Leather in the Village People?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

The blokes that I want to see do this to show it's a fair dinkum team effort are:

Jason Gram (lay some tackles & make them stick)
Leigh Montagna (as above)
Adam Schneider (just do something)
Nick Dal Santo (get in & get it & find a loose man- don't be the loose man)
Sean Dempster (lock someone down properly)
Kosi (just get nasty Koz & dominate the bloody game)

We can count on the usual suspects working their butts off but if this group of 6 play out of their skins & shows some self respect they'll go a way to winning back some of the respect that we've lost for them.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

There should be a simple motto emblazened on the walls of the change room.
OPPOSITION NO EASY KICKS!!
It has annoyed the living crap out of me when they zone off when the opposition defence gets the ball and we zone off, giving the player with the ball with no pressure and all day to find a target.
Before we know it they have the ball on their side of the wing and our defence is under pressure.
Something we should train to put extra pressure on the ball carrier is an awareness of when the umpire calls play on when a player doesn't take his mark or free kick soon enough. As soon as we hear that, we should be charging the player with the ball forcing him to try and either get around us or kick the ball quickly.
If Ross Lyon wants to study how putting pressure in your half is so effective he should watch Sth Korea's matches in the 2002 World Cup.
Yes a different game but the principle is the same. Whenever Sth Korea played a European side they would not let the European side pass the ball around in their back half, they always harassed, tackled, annoyed etc etc whoever had the ball, forcing them to either (a) try and get around the Sth Korean player or (b) pass the ball quickly and not accurately to a team mate.
The result was that quite often the European team gave up possession of the ball, Sth Korea gained possession intheir attacking half and beat them all except Germany in the semi final.
So Ross watch those games, provide the same principle in our forward line and we will kick many more goals.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Should we riot soccer style aswell :lol:

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Great post. Play the ball, do the 1%ers.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

A great point about the zoning off or defending space. It shites me to tears & is a significant factor in our rubbish play IMHO.

This is obvious a team rule as it happens with monotonous regularity. I can't believe that we had 35 tackles last week after the filth showed how vital tackling pressure is against the handbags on Friday night.

I hope the alleged coaching staff do the freaking jobs & make it a non negotiable to tackle the life out of Melbourne on Sunday.

Absolutely no excuses this weekend.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Hey, with the lack of goals we score, we might as well vent our frustration with a riot, at least we might get Collingwood off the back page and if the teams don't fear us their supporters will.
Actually, no forget the rioting, it will make us more like those brain dead England supporters (not all of them) but worse, the even more brain dead Adelaide and Pt Adelaide supporters.

Saints43
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:lol - Carroll is a pussy and hit him hard going for the ball and he always went to water.

Isn't he now the standin for Mr Leather in the Village People?
In Ross's first game as coach Carroll ran to the Ponsford end and absolutely bypassed Fraser and started chesting Milney. Not hard. Not good.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:Good post.

A team that attacks the ball will always beat a team that attacks the man.

Go Sainters

1989 Grand Final. Hawks V Cats

hotdish
Club Player

I wish we had some tough bastards running of the lines giving guys a touch up...

Ahhh, the good old days of Powell and Guerra cleaning fellas up...

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

nice post Joffa.

lets go the ball BUT most importantly WE MUST CONCERT - score board pressure and a decent % is required.

“Yeah….nah””
matrix
Saintsational Legend

hotdish wrote:I wish we had some tough bastards running of the lines giving guys a touch up...

damn straight, loved guerra doing that stuff...
thought they would have found a spot for him in our side since jones had gone...
he's playing that sweeper role across the back for the hawks really well.

carroll looks like a friggin douche bag.

kalsaint
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:
hotdish wrote:I wish we had some tough bastards running of the lines giving guys a touch up...

thought they would have found a spot for him in our side since jones had gone...

Yep "Eye of the Tiger stuff" needed over the remainder of the season.

Go at the ball, protect others carrying the ball, execute play along the corridor and convert to goals.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
kalsaint
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
matrix
Saintsational Legend

ummm
i dont get the whole quote someone elses post and then say nothing thing :? :oops:

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Deep down, I mean deep, deep down, I'd love to see one of our soft players throw a massive hay-maker and knockout a Melbourne player and then headbutt the umpire and then do a classic brown-eye towards our coaches box. Now that's entertainment!

JeffDunne

That sounds like a typical game in Cairns, Cairnsman :wink:

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:That sounds like a typical game in Cairns, Cairnsman :wink:
Yeah it does hey JD. Are you recollecting the infamous grandfinal we had up here a few years ago?

starsign
Club Player

Good post Joffa, couldn't agree more
they have to really focus and direct their "hardness" and intensity on the sherrin
You can bet anything the Dees will be in their faces with the "soft" jibes , and will dishing up the physicallity, but its really important THEY DON"T GET SUCKED IN just hurt them on the scoreboard, like that game at the G you mentioned

JeffDunne

Cairnsman wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:That sounds like a typical game in Cairns, Cairnsman :wink:
Yeah it does hey JD. Are you recollecting the infamous grandfinal we had up here a few years ago?
That and every game I've seen from Cairns.

congorozides
Club Player

frankly i dont care what we do this week. so we come out and beat up on the laegues easy-beats. big hoots.

lets see some effort against a top 6 team boys.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

congorozides wrote:frankly i dont care what we do this week. so we come out and beat up on the laegues easy-beats. big hoots.

lets see some effort against a top 6 team boys.
Let's just beat who we're up against this week, then we can move on to next week and beyond !!