Kicking to Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Kicking to Kosi

Has anyone noticed that Kosi does his best marking when he can run and jump at the ball.
How often do we see him taking marks like this in the back half and around the ground.
Even when he had that hot streak a few years ago this was what he was doing in front of goal.
If he stands toe to toe and tries to outmuscle his opponent he very rarely marks it.
If he was playing against Max, Max would love it if they contested one on one, cause Max would win 9 out of 10 times, but if Kosi could get a run and jump at the ball, the advantage would swing decisively Kos's way.
Remember Kosi had that hot streak playing at CHF not full forward, therefore maybe both Kosi and Roo should play away from the goalsquare and let Ferguson play full forward, giving both kosi and Roo more room to be mobile marking targets.

iceman
Club Player

To be honest i would like to see Kosi just thrown up the ground CHF for a few weeks with ferguson a hit up forward and leave roo in the square for the next 2 weeks. Mix it up a bit, everyone says roo doesn't kick goals, but i remember a few seasons ago when he spent more time out of the square he kicked 60+ for the year on 2 occasions i think, including 10 goals against melbourne when they beat us.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kicking to Kosi

3rd generation saint wrote:Has anyone noticed that Kosi does his best marking when he can run and jump at the ball.
How often do we see him taking marks like this in the back half and around the ground.
Even when he had that hot streak a few years ago this was what he was doing in front of goal.
If he stands toe to toe and tries to outmuscle his opponent he very rarely marks it.
If he was playing against Max, Max would love it if they contested one on one, cause Max would win 9 out of 10 times, but if Kosi could get a run and jump at the ball, the advantage would swing decisively Kos's way.
Remember Kosi had that hot streak playing at CHF not full forward, therefore maybe both Kosi and Roo should play away from the goalsquare and let Ferguson play full forward, giving both kosi and Roo more room to be mobile marking targets.
Yes..100% agree...and this what I have been posting for a while.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

All well and good, but he can't or won't run.

He is as slow as a wet week.

Yesterday not one forward led.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Statsman
Club Player

It's a good theory, but that would rely on our midfield having some control over where the ball goes after it leaves their boot. Unfortunately, our "kick and hope" midfield isn't capable of delivering the ball properly to our key forwards.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
jill
Club Player

Was at the game but bros-in-law was listening on radio - thinks it was Ausie J who said Kosi plays as he trains - Lazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I think we are being a bit harsh on our forwards as we had 5 forwards against 6 defenders because RL obviously wanted 7 in the backline. This meant Harris was free and I would say he got at least 15 uncontested because of that. why we dont go in with 6 forwards if the opposition have 6 defenders is beyond me.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:I think we are being a bit harsh on our forwards as we had 5 forwards against 6 defenders because RL obviously wanted 7 in the backline. This meant Harris was free and I would say he got at least 15 uncontested because of that. why we dont go in with 6 forwards if the opposition have 6 defenders is beyond me.
Noticed this all day... good point.. Harris gets that many free possies, its criminal..