Turning Point

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintWal
Club Player

Turning Point

My only hope that the apparent anger that RL showed at 3/4 time is the turning point.

Time to toughen up. Glad he started to play some of them out of position and hopeful that he realises that the kids and mixing it up is the only way forward.

Also, if we are going to play ducks and god dam drakes then name Baker on Farmer for next weekend.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Encouraging signs.

Sadly, I feel the turning point was a lot earlier than 3/4 time...

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200609/s1739318.htm

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Wal - what was supposed to have happened at 3qtr time?

“Yeah….nah””
SaintWal
Club Player

Teflon,

Sorry not to reply last night. Time for Bed.

I have commented plenty of times that RL shows no emotion at all. He is pan faced and I would find it extremely hard to believe that he could motivate anything.

In the past on this discussion posters will always come back with, the players are getting paid lots, they are professional, Blah Blah Blah. In the end they are young blokes who are all different but share a common thread called Football. We are all different and so are the players. Some will come out and give their all no matter what, others will need the fire and brimstone to get them fired up IMO.

Sorry, one thing in addition.

Too many of our players have been playing on reputation and not earning their spot in the ones. I think this could be the start of change on that basis.

Ross finally showed that he is at breaking point and although we were not able to respond last night, I think a clear message has been sent to the group. It is time. Start playing for your footy careers.

happy feet
Club Player

last nights game

I went to the game last night. Apart from about a ten minute period in the third quarter when some of our players had a bit of a go it was one of the most inciped performances that I have witnessed by the Saints. Everything looked very hard. Even when the ball did get to Roo he was smashed. Why is this player not getting a free kick anymore. Has something happened that I have missed?

Lets start with the back line. The Sydeny forwards just pushed them away like they were supermen. We were very weak and Max should be considering his future today. I thought Gardiner was good in the ruck but we looked slow in the midfield. Goodes did brilliantly roving of our ruckmen. The forward line had no system. Again, we looked physically weak. I thought Gram did ok, but where was DalSanto, Milne, Montgna, and too many others to name. I think many of our players will not have a future at the club after 2008.