McQualter's Return

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

McQualter's Return

Thought McQualter committed himself physically from what I saw of the first quarter. 17 possessions overall.

How did people find his game? Missed pretty much everything from quarter time.....

Has he maintained his spot for next week?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He worked hard......and had a crack.....

Should be played as a Small Fwd/Mid....get rid of either Milne or Schnieder.

spert
Saintsational Legend

A good effort -earned his spot.

JeffDunne

He played well enough to ensure he gets dropped next week.

happy feet
Club Player

my observations

I was at the game last night. After it was all over, my observations were as follows.

We were very disjointed, nothing flowed, and everything looked like hard work. Gardiner was very good in the ruck, hit outs hit our players, but it was all downhill from there. No structure in the forward line, Roo looked ordinary and got nothing from the umpires. Our back line was pushed off the ball far too easily. Against the Swans we looked physically weak. No one could keep up with Adam Goodes who looked like superman. Apart from a 10 minute spurt after half time, I would have to say it was a very disappointing effort. Again, O'Loughlin did some magical things with the footy, a pleasure to watch. Our so called superstars were missing again. Harves put in an effort, but he looks tired. Max, time to give it away. Milne - who can honestly see us lining up for a premiership with him in the line up.

I think I must now agree with what so many have said is that our list is nowhere near as good as we thought it was and we need to have a thorough clean out. However, having watched the Saints through the 70's and 80's and not win too many games, we had players that really had a red hot go and were hard at it. I mean the likes of Burns, Cunningham, Sarau, Elloitt,and Barker. Last night I did not see one of our players that even went near to comparing to these blokes. Harvs must be broken hearted this morning as are many supporters who witnessed an inciped StKilda side last night.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Was he played as a tagger?

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Didn't look like it. He seemed to play as one of the midfield rotations. I thought he had a decent crack at it; clean hands, head over the pill, and his footskills were pretty good as well. Far from our worst on the night.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Never been a big fan of him ,he had a crack and did allright good on him,whether he can follow up and improve on it is the big question

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Showed a bit,had a go. I wouldn't of redrafted him, but lasts night he was serviceable. Doubt whether he can do it on the fast tracks,a slippery bottled up SCG suited his style.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

JeffDunne wrote:He played well enough to ensure he gets dropped next week.
:) :) :) :)

Before Im 85
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Re: my observations

happy feet wrote:I was at the game last night. After it was all over, my observations were as follows.

We were very disjointed, nothing flowed, and everything looked like hard work. Gardiner was very good in the ruck, hit outs hit our players, but it was all downhill from there. No structure in the forward line, Roo looked ordinary and got nothing from the umpires. Our back line was pushed off the ball far too easily. Our so called superstars were missing again. Harvs must be broken hearted this morning as are many supporters who witnessed an inciped StKilda side last night.
This summs up all our efforts this year win or loose

Before Im 85
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

great game

played his role

the kind of player that plays well in the wet

a must for any MCG game

not saying he cannoy play well at Telstra Dome ... will wait and see

i think he is a good player who lost all confidence

now getting some back

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"