So much for that 'spirit' we showed...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintschampions08
Club Player

So much for that 'spirit' we showed...

Watching the coverage on TV, just saw Sandilands get a free kick.

Pav stood their for about 30 seconds, giving an earful to McEvoy, not one person stood up for him.

I don't know about you, but it makes me sick when i see a first gamer getting no support from his team mates.

GreatNo9s
Club Player

that's a but harsh
gees we're quick to crucify around here :roll:

Who is the best number 9 for the Saints ?
Buckets
SS Life Member

Re: So much for that 'spirit' we showed...

Saintschampions08 wrote:Watching the coverage on TV, just saw Sandilands get a free kick.

Pav stood their for about 30 seconds, giving an earful to McEvoy, not one person stood up for him.

I don't know about you, but it makes me sick when i see a first gamer getting no support from his team mates.
He was thrown in the deep end that is for sure! But to his credit he stuck to his guns. Well done Macca hope to see you next week against the Roos!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Saintschampions08
Club Player

GreatNo9s wrote:that's a but harsh
How hard is it to stand up for a team mate, just a push or a shove can do wonders for confidence.

Instead, Ben gets a earful from Pavlich, and the only reason it stopped, was because the umpire stopped it..

your momma
Club Player

im with ya there, wot a cheap shot that was from Pav.
I did see Fisher come at last for a slight shove, but wat i did love to see was GODDARD and King, and shortly after, the whole team, rip into the guy hu knocked Ball.

Another one that p*d me was Johnson gettin into Harvs, you'd expect a bit more respect for him, i guess Johnson is alone there.

just love it when the saints get aggresive.

"Im never satisfied...its a curse"
gooner
Club Player

Whatever. More importantly the boys flew the flag when Ball was felled with a flying elbow. THAT was spirit.

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
TassieJones
Club Player

Saintschampions08 wrote:
GreatNo9s wrote:that's a but harsh
How hard is it to stand up for a team mate, just a push or a shove can do wonders for confidence.

Instead, Ben gets a earful from Pavlich, and the only reason it stopped, was because the umpire stopped it..
Looked to me like Sam Fisher had words with him. Hardly going to give him a massive shove in front of the umpire, especially if Pav has been taking diving lessons from Farmer. The last thing you want in a tight game is a 50 meter penalty.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

What about when Warnock took a cheap shot at Ball and hit him in the head ??

Most of the players flew the flag and had a crack at Warnock after this happend.

jill
Club Player

Was pleased with the determination & passion shown - some great tackles unrewarded- great to see the enthusiasm of the team after the win!

iceman
Club Player

wasn't far from that (McEvoy) and i doubt many players would have seen it, McEvoy didn't seem too worried any way, very mature kid and would hae dealt with it fine.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Thought we showed a lot of heart tonight for the first time for a long time and that is to be congratulated. However that incident was a disgrace. Lyon needs to pull them aside during the week and say ' look boys you're effort was good,but never ,EVER ,let that happen again what happened to the bigmac

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Is this what you call not having much spirit ??

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I'd say we were going to match up on our opponents and flood back in their 50. More important than sticking up for a guy copping an earful.

pluggernaut
Club Player

It was only a sledge. All he had to say was "Piss off big nose and go back to loserville" and he won! The big fella hardly seemed worried.

SaintWal
Club Player

There are little things that are not right around the place. Armo did a fantastic smother on the wing that in years gone past would have had players come over to congratulate. As far as I could see only one player coming off the bench went near him.

These acts are the ones to get a side "up" and should not go unrewarded

Sainter_4_life
Club Player

I must admit, I was a little concerned seeing the McEvoy/Pavlich footage. Big Mac looked like a little kid who was beeing told off by his mother, and I was expecting someone to come in and tell Pavlova where to go. By the way - your a superstar Pavlich, having a crack at a young kid in his first game the way you did :roll:

Did like the flag flying after bally went down though, about time we saw a bit of spirit in that regard.

SB10
Club Player

Water off a ducks back for Big Ben. His repsonse on radio was a classic when asked what he thought of Pav's sledge. Response.....

"I just told him he was a real hero picking on an 18 year-old!"

Showed some real maturity for an 18 year-old. Must play him every game for the rest of the year. Or at least for as long as his body holds up in his first year.

karnaby
Club Player

SB10 wrote:Water off a ducks back for Big Ben. His repsonse on radio was a classic when asked what he thought of Pav's sledge. Response.....

"I just told him he was a real hero picking on an 18 year-old!"

Showed some real maturity for an 18 year-old. Must play him every game for the rest of the year. Or at least for as long as his body holds up in his first year.
Great way for McEvoy to deal with it frankly and I felt that he did a couple of good things in the few minutes after the spray so you could say the spray worked in our favour.

A few minutes prior to the McEvoy spray pavlich did the same thing to Joey but he seemed to just let it go thru to the keeper as well. All said & done we want the players to stamp themselves on the game by their performances & to react stupidly to provocation isn't wise, although in both instances it still would have been nice to see someone else tell pavlich to flick off.

BJ has been noted above & deservedly so, of late he really seems to have been showing some spirit. Flying the flag for Luke Ball & the little taps on the heart after kicking a goal are things that this supporter loves to see. Don't mind seeing him step up & seek to impose himself on a game either :lol:

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
taz
Club Player

RE Johnson v Harvey

The best thing that ever happen to Johnson was when Tarrant decked him

Johnson has no talent and is lower than Libba's lows

I recall Johnson elbowing Milne a few years ago

RE Pav v Mc

Pav showed he has no class

was parading around like a show pony...

Mc showed promise and didn't seemed too fazed by the garbage coming out of the show ponies mouth

matrix
Saintsational Legend

big whoopdeedoo
a few photos were they showed some spirit.
wouldt ANY team do that if there midfielder just got pollaxed?

no one getting in pavs face and pushing him out the way when he was giving mcevoy a quiet spray......kinda pissed me off.

heres this big superstar who thinks he is brilliant, and believe me he is a figjam alright, getting in the face of a first gamer.....u reckon he would have stood there and said that to max. nose to nose??

highly unlikely.

piss weak sainters, someone should have got in his face and told him to worry about his own man/game.

other than that it was good to se the young kids get a go.
good job freo were at their worst last night.

Behind Play
Club Player

IMO GT is correct about Pav.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:IMO GT is correct about Pav.
Why wouldnt you play for yourself. No one else at Freo is worth playing for.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:IMO GT is correct about Pav.
Agreed

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Pav would have been happy with the game last night. Probably sang the song by himself afterwards.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:Pav would have been happy with the game last night. Probably sang the song by himself afterwards.
in the shower with his knob in his hand.
bloody figjam twat.

good player.....thinks his poo dont stink tho