Before the complaining starts - Click here

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sam23
SS Life Member

Before the complaining starts - Click here

First quarter we were very good, ran hard, moved the ball quickly and defended well....

After Q1

Hayes hammy - our best mid.
Ball ankle - our second best mid.
Monty doing s*** - tagging bell
Dal not in - our third best mid.

Only thing to do from here was flood and stop the scoring for mine, and it was evident when Fremantle got on their bike in the 2nd quarter, they opened us up and kicked 3 in a row.

3 debutants - Eddy very good, Allen showed sings, McEvoy very green...good mark/kicking style.

Another ugly win, but for mine this was our best win of the year, against a determined Fremantle.

Tackling pressure was high - Blake very good on Tarrant.

Montagna back into some kind of form....Gram looks back after 3 or 4 good performances, Goddard into the midfield/on the wing.

Riewoldt 19 marks, 3 goals + the sealer.

It was a big one to win, sure were probably not going to make finals, or might just sneak in and I know, fremantle are 2 and 10 but 5 losses under 10 points and 7 under 18. There not a bad side, although they were bad tonight.

Perhaps, this is the start of something, despite not looking that flash?

Plus great to see the flying of the flag when Ball went down, great to see.
Last edited by Sam23 on Sat 21 Jun 2008 12:19am, edited 1 time in total.

Goddard.
SainterX
Club Player

Any win is a good win for us now :)

And to all the guys who bet on us despite the odds (myself included) a pat on the back for keeping the faith :)

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
GreatNo9s
Club Player

SainterX - what did you get on for ?

Who is the best number 9 for the Saints ?
SainterX
Club Player

I had to work today so could only get on yesterday at $1.95. How much you all get on at?

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

The players tonight did lots of good things. Riewoldt, Harves, Bally, BJ, Hayes (before he was injured), Max, Chips all were legends. Gram, best game for a while. Blake not too bad as well. Likewise King and Gwilt. And McQualter looked ok: still has plenty of potential for mine.

Of the debutants, McEvoy was the standout for mine. Looks like a first round pick. Allen didn't grab me. Eddy was ok.

I stil think our game plan sucks. But we won, so that'll do me for this week.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:The players tonight did lots of good things. Riewoldt, Harves, Bally, BJ, Hayes (before he was injured), Max, Chips all were legends. Gram, best game for a while. Blake not too bad as well. Likewise King and Gwilt. And McQualter looked ok: still has plenty of potential for mine.

Of the debutants, McEvoy was the standout for mine. Looks like a first round pick. Allen didn't grab me. Eddy was ok.

I think that Allen's job was made even harder by the release of Roo up the ground. He was left as the focal point of a lot of our attacks and when you consider he was playing his debut game in the circumstances of this week's turmoil, I'm more than happy to 'cut him some slack" He presented and competed hard.

Eddy got the ball a fair bit but his disposal wasnt great (maybe nerves? - Casey watchers would be able to give a better assesment).

ALl in all it wasn't great to watch but still a satisfying win - given the turmoil and the loss of the best player on teh ground in teh frst qtr.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

meher baba wrote:The players tonight did lots of good things. Riewoldt, Harves, Bally, BJ, Hayes (before he was injured), Max, Chips all were legends. Gram, best game for a while. Blake not too bad as well. Likewise King and Gwilt. And McQualter looked ok: still has plenty of potential for mine.

Concur except I liked Allen's game.

Gutsy win considering 9 blokes with less than 20 games experience.

Augurs well for whoever coaches the club next.

eppo67
Club Player

Agree MB I thought Macca looked really good.

I also really liked Allen he looks to me like he has been in the Seniors for a couple of years. Eddy is a real goer good signs. Armitage is a gun and is going to be a star.

I still think Gwilt can make it. Dont forget he is only 21 years old and has played less than 20 games (15 I think).

jill
Club Player

Loved the passion & enthusiasm tonight! Not a pretty win but loved the spirit shown by our team!

SaintWodonga
Club Player

I thought all the new guys showed promise. Allen looked good. McEvoy shows real promise.

Best game for the Saints by King too!

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM