Any Updates on Lenny?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Any Updates on Lenny?

I heard that Ross Lyon said in the after-match conference that Lenny might be ok for next week. But I've read a lot of people's comments on here saying "Who would come in for Lenny?"... so I wonder if there's been some announcement that he's not ok, or is it just speculation?

Does anyone know if he is ok?

Cheers
Mark

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

The so called latest is he had back spasms, and should play, I guess like most weeks we dont know till 5 mins before the match :cry:

Before Im 85
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Pretty sure he will miss this week and hopefully play after the break.

St.Walker
Club Player

Looks like plugger is spot on....Lenny likely to miss this week...

Spewing!!!!!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 11,00.html

Meanwhile, St Kilda appears set to miss star midfielder Lenny Hayes against North Melbourne on the Gold Coast on Saturday night, but should regain key-forward/ruckman Justin Koschitzke.

Hayes, who gathered a massive 16 possessions before damaging his right hamstring before quarter-time against Fremantle on Friday night, is expected to miss just one game.

Koschitzke, who has missed the past two rounds after hyper-extending his knee against Western Bulldogs, is confident of returning this week.

Former Swan Adam Schneider is also a strong chance to resume after missing Friday night's win because of a slight hamstring problem.

However, ruckman Michael Gardiner will miss another week with a hamstring injury after being replaced against the Dockers by teenage first-gamer Ben McEvoy.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

saintsrus wrote:The so called latest is he had back spasms, and should play, I guess like most weeks we dont know till 5 mins before the match :cry:
Also heard this.

After completing recovery with little restriccion it was reported that it was only back spasms and will be right to play this week.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well I think he will be selected on Thurdsay.....but you will not know till sometinme Sat whether he will play or not.

Given past patterns even if Hays is already 100% out...he wil be picked.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Who would make way for Schneider? Bearing in mind Kosi is returning, as probably Milne and Dal Santo! Schneider may not make it, especially if it was between him and Eddy.

saintbob
SS Life Member

borderbarry wrote:Who would make way for Schneider? Bearing in mind Kosi is returning, as probably Milne and Dal Santo! Schneider may not make it, especially if it was between him and Eddy.
Schneider will be in before Milney, and Eddy will stay in.
Milne and Dal Santo to play at least another week with Casey.
Kosi another to play with the Scorpions

Geary - out
Schneider - in
Last edited by saintbob on Mon 23 Jun 2008 4:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

aussiejones
Club Player

Our seconds are playing !!

longtimesaint
Club Player

If we are a chance to beat North Melbourne we need to recall Dal Santo and definately ahead of Schneider.
Dal Santo is one of the few players in our side that has the vision to set up play, and on many occasion has been the goal assist player.
Kosi is also a must if fit as we know he has the ability to perform at AFL level.

One year will be our year
spert
Saintsational Legend

Dal Santo in top form should be in the mix, but all too many times this year his direct opponent has hurt us...one of the reasons he got the chop I expect. Against a team like North, we need a four quarter effort from players..not a flashy couple of quarters then a couple of lazy quarters. We can't afford to let opponents run free and set up a winning score

GrumpyOne

plugger66 wrote:Pretty sure he will miss this week and hopefully play after the break.
Anybody see the look that Banger gave him after the game when they conversed? If they were discussing Lenny's injury at the time, and not the result of the 4th at Caulfield, I would suggest he might be out a bit longer.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I saw that look. Harves is such a caring hero isn't he.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Lenny was actually telling Robert that, as part of the preparation for next week, they were going to have to watch the game again on DVD.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Who would make way for Schneider? Bearing in mind Kosi is returning, as probably Milne and Dal Santo! Schneider may not make it, especially if it was between him and Eddy.
Schneider will be in before Milney, and Eddy will stay in.
Milne and Dal Santo to play at least another week with Casey.
Kosi another to play with the Scorpions

Geary - out
Schneider - in
what has Squib Schneider done to make you think he should come in ahead of Milne?

At least Milne has been punished and sent to the magoos and kicked 4 goals and did OK.

Schneider played one good game against the bye and has done nothing else all season.

I will be furious if Ross selects his lovechild straight back into the seniors for the North game.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.