Losing Players

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

aussiejones
Club Player

Losing Players

As RL is trying to change our game style some players are not fully behind the changes. as a result they are not performing under the new game plan ....so to bring them into line they get dropped and there will be more.

Other sides will see the discontent and start sniffing around .
We are likely to loose Dal Santo and Milne and others .

We will then pickup rejects who RL believes will play his ugly game.

I am not optimistic as long as RL tries to get them to play his defensive ugly game

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Losing Players

aussiejones wrote:As RL is trying to change our game style some players are not fully behind the changes. as a result they are not performing under the new game plan ....so to bring them into line they get dropped and there will be more.

Other sides will see the discontent and start sniffing around .
We are likely to loose Dal Santo and Milne and others .

We will then pickup rejects who RL believes will play his ugly game.

I am not optimistic as long as RL tries to get them to play his defensive ugly game
LOSE!!
and theres a thing call a contract we will only LOSE players who are uncontracted . RL didnt drop milne and Dal cause they dont like the game plan he droped them cause their efforts were substandard

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Contract means SFA in todays world, means nothing if a player wants to go and a trade can be arranged.

Id want out, no doubt. What junk.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

If Dal did leave ( which he wont ) we would not get some crap. We would be extremely well compensated. Dal would make any team much better and when he earns his spot back will make us much better. I still dont like watching us play but I applaud Lyon for his decision on Dal and Milney because being called soft in public didn't seem to work so this is the next step. Good on you Ross.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Contract means SFA in todays world, means nothing if a player wants to go and a trade can be arranged.

if the player wants out that badly how are we losing them cause we never really had them . i can understand players wanting to go cause they are not getting the opertunities in the side but if a player wants to walk cause the get droped the good riddance i say

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:Contract means SFA in todays world, means nothing if a player wants to go and a trade can be arranged.

if the player wants out that badly how are we losing them cause we never really had them . i can understand players wanting to go cause they are not getting the opertunities in the side but if a player wants to walk cause the get droped the good riddance i say
No, Im more getting at enjoying your footy. I could understand some players going f*** this, Im outta here, this is not what I trained so hard for, not the way I want to approach my footy etc. I hope not, but you know, jez could you blame them?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

No, Im more getting at enjoying your footy. I could understand some players going f*** this, Im outta here, this is not what I trained so hard for, not the way I want to approach my footy etc. I hope not, but you know, jez could you blame them?

The players sign a contract to play for the Club and get paid the salary they (or more likely their manager) negotiated. I would be absolutely staggered if anywhere in their contract was a mention of 'enjoying their football'.

They ask to be traded if they are not getting opportunities at their current club, or if they want to return home, or if another club wants to pay them more.

If you looked at players moving clubs there are many, many more being sent away by their own Club rather than the individual player asking/demanding to move.