Milne 300 goals

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

my les foote
Club Player

Milne 300 goals

With his four goals on Saturday, Milney moved from 9th to 7th place on our all time goal kickers list.

Fifth spot is well within his reach.

Tony Lockett 898
Bill Mohr 735
Stewart Loewe 594
Fraser Gehrig 390
Allan Davis 308
Barry Breen 308
Steven Milne 302
Kevin Neale 301
Peter Everitt 299
George Young 284
Nicky Winmar 283
Nick Riewoldt 280
Bill Young 274
Peter Bennett 258

Win it for HIM!
saints11
Club Player

4th is a big ask though

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Fantastic effort! And to think some people wanted to "exit" him out... :roll:

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Great result and reinforces the commentary from R14 - that's why he should never be left out of the team.

He's hated by supporters of every opposition team that would love to have him in their forward line.

Keep up the great work Yapper.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:Fantastic effort! And to think some people wanted to "exit" him out... :roll:
Yep, like the previous coach......and the current coach that dropped him to the seconds last week.

Milney plays well - Makes the doubts look like fools.

Milney plays poorly - Makes the believers look like idiot.

If is fair to say that Milne has had some great games.....and some really poor ones.

So its comments like the above that make me really wonder how people think.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

My thoughts are - just let him play.

I have stated many times I just want to see him go no further than the 50 arc, kick his goals and improve his chasing and corralling, which I reckon he has done.

He puts in some shockers, but he puts in some rippers.

I sat with Tigers people a few weeks back and they were all worried about Milne breaking out - funny to see it from their angle - and he did - and won the game for us.

Just let Milney be Milney and he'll win more games - or contribute - more than he'll lose us games.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Re: Milne 300 goals

my les foote wrote:With his four goals on Saturday, Milney moved from 9th to 7th place on our all time goal kickers list.

Tony Lockett 898
Bill Mohr 735
Stewart Loewe 594
Fraser Gehrig 390
Allan Davis 308
Barry Breen 308
Steven Milne 302
Kevin Neale 301
Peter Everitt 299
George Young 284
Nicky Winmar 283
Nick Riewoldt 280
Bill Young 274
Peter Bennett 258
He will end up fourth on our list of all time goal kickers.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Love him or hate him his name is up there with some NOT BAD footballers,that no can deprive him of,good to see a good game from him interstate,,and yes i reckon 50 meter arc most of the time

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Spinner wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:Fantastic effort! And to think some people wanted to "exit" him out... :roll:
Yep, like the previous coach......and the current coach that dropped him to the seconds last week.

Milney plays well - Makes the doubts look like fools.

Milney plays poorly - Makes the believers look like idiot.

If is fair to say that Milne has had some great games.....and some really poor ones.

So its comments like the above that make me really wonder how people think.
He plays a position where it's not really possible to boot 4 or 5 every week. Sure, he does have the odd shocker here and there but we look a more dangerous team when he is in it, and the fact that he has booted over 300 goals is testament to that.

SteveStevens66
Club Player

Take a very close look at that list. None of these were ordinary players. Milne is in elite company! That says it all. His achievement cannot fairly be denied.

Carna Saints!!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

my les foote wrote:With his four goals on Saturday, Milney moved from 9th to 7th place on our all time goal kickers list.

Tony Lockett 898
Bill Mohr 735
Stewart Loewe 594
Fraser Gehrig 390
Allan Davis 308
Barry Breen 308
Steven Milne 302
Kevin Neale 301
Peter Everitt 299
George Young 284
Nicky Winmar 283
Nick Riewoldt 280nothing since has changed my mind.....
Bill Young 274
Peter Bennett 258

arrrhhh.... the names bring back a flood of memories........i loved peter bennett and billy young......so did my sister........one of my earliest memories is of my sister in her pusher at the side of the old st kilda cricket stand yelling out ...come on peter bennett......i wish roo could kick as accurately as billy......he would be the afl's no 1 star if he could...billy never missed..

...for good clean looks and silky smooth footy skills you couldn't go past george young.....loved him too....

...ahhhrrr....cuz...you are never far from my thoughts ...and prayers....

...cowboys a friend...but he's a rude prick.....could play footy all the same....

went to school with breen...he was a couple of years behind me though....

named one of my kids after plugger....changed it though.....by common usage...notdeed poll...i will leave that to "neil elvis' when he turns 21.....

spider......???...what can you say...loved him once though...like plugger......love can turn to dislike then hate...like a rejected/rejecting partner.....billy mohr......i'm told he could really play.....

alan davis...started out as a 17 year old rover in his first game....grew over summer into a size caplable of playing most positions.....including full forward.....ratbag.....shame really....

stewie...loved him too...still do...a real gentleman ...my son's favorite.....

we all love fraser...

roo...what can i say that i haven't already said......except that he will end up one of the saints all time greats when he leads the saints to a second premiership......

milney...i knew he could play when i first saw him in the dons premiership win against us..then the following week in the don's game against the hawks in london....nothing since has made me change my mind........'nuff said.....
Last edited by stinger on Thu 03 Jul 2008 9:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saints11
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:

Tony Lockett 898
Bill Mohr 735
Stewart Loewe 594
Fraser Gehrig 390
Allan Davis 308
Barry Breen 308
Steven Milne 302
Kevin Neale 301
Peter Everitt 299
George Young 284
Nicky Winmar 283
Nick Riewoldt 280
Bill Young 274
Peter Bennett 258
He will end up fourth on our list of all time goal kickers.
But Riewoldt will overtake him quickly

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldt actually leads the points tally from Matthew Ferguson.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Great effort really for a rookie list player originally...must be about the most goals for any player elevated from rookie list...
what is the comparison per games played with the StKilda top 10?

Nee!
loris
Saintsational Legend

[quote="stinger"]

...for good clean looks and silky smooth footy skills you couldn't go past george young.....loved him too....

/quote]

aaaaaaaah yes stinger me old pal...those smooth footy skills were just sublime I agree.

Now for those good clean looks.....awh my gawd..... like a good bottle of red wine he has matured oh so delightfully, belieive me.

He comes to our Western Saints functions and all this ole girl wants to do is droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool :roll: :roll: :roll:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah stinger me ole mate he still has those good clean looks and not an ounce of extra body fat on him. Looks like he can run off that half forward line with that raking leftfoot and put it right through the centre of the major posts.

Gee stinger didn't realise you were in love with him at that time too! I think my sex might have turned him on more that yours....he does bring a son to the Western Saints functions who looks just like him so I think my approaches would have won out over yours in those days mate

Cheers
:wink: :wink:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Imagine if it wasn't feast and famine with Milney? He'd probably have close to 500 to his name by now.
Still kudos to the little fella. Has brought us some memorable moments.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Imagine if it wasn't feast and famine with Milney? He'd probably have close to 500 to his name by now.
feast or famine? he scored at least 1 goal 125 of his 150 games.

if he had scored 500 goals from 150 games that would make him one of the greatest small forward of all time with a 3.3 goal average :roll:

even phil matera who many argue is one of the most brilliant small forwards of the modern era managed only 2.9, and daics himself, the legend of collingwood scored 550 goals from 250 games, and 97 of them came from just 1 season.

i think the expectations on Milne are ridiculous and their is insufficient appreciation for what he has achieved.

he is one of the top 3 small forwards in the competition for goal delivered in this decade.

1. phil Matera
2. Jeff Farmer
3. yapper Milne.

and folks are condeming him because he hasn't delivered more :roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Imagine if it wasn't feast and famine with Milney? He'd probably have close to 500 to his name by now.

if he had scored 500 goals from 150 games that would make him one of the greatest small forward of all time with a 3.3 goal average :roll:

even phil matera who many argue is one of the most brilliant small forwards of the modern era managed only 2.9, and daics himself, the legend of collingwood scored 550 goals from 250 games, and 97 of them came from just 1 season.

i think the expectations on Milne are ridiculous and their is insufficient appreciation for what he has achieved.

he is one of the top 3 small forwards in the competition for goal delivered in this decade.

1. phil Matera
2. Jeff Farmer
3. yapper Milne.

well said, dan. imo the best small forward in the competition and has won us three or four games this season. it is a fact of life that small forwards tend to be a bit hot and cold

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:

1. phil Matera
2. Jeff Farmer
3. yapper Milne.

well said, dan. imo the best small forward in the competition and has won us three or four games this season. it is a fact of life that small forwards tend to be a bit hot and cold
you are quite a smart cookie bigcarl :wink:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
robbo_25
Club Player

he should make 4th place

robbo
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

nice work reiwoldt moving up the charts...

5 or 6 more season he'll be a comfortable second.

play his last few years when he slows down some at FF, yablett style, could shoot for no.1

i reckon reiwoldt if we used him as such, could be 80 goal FF.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
stinger wrote:

/quote]

aaaaaaaah yes stinger me old pal...those smooth footy skills were just sublime I agree.

Now for those good clean looks.....awh my gawd..... like a good bottle of red wine he has matured oh so delightfully, belieive me.

He comes to our Western Saints functions and all this ole girl wants to do is droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool :roll: :roll: :roll:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah stinger me ole mate he still has those good clean looks and not an ounce of extra body fat on him. Looks like he can run off that half forward line with that raking leftfoot and put it right through the centre of the major posts.

Gee stinger didn't realise you were in love with him at that time too! I think my sex might have turned him on more that yours....he does bring a son to the Western Saints functions who looks just like him so I think my approaches would have won out over yours in those days mate

Cheers
:wink: :wink:

my love is the good clean brotherly love. not the carnal kind .not that i'm against gays....but blokes don't do it for me loriswa, old chum..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Couldnt believe a few idiots were calling for him to be sacked in the first quarter of the North Melb game at carrara.
Milne is a great small crumber, he will suffer from the decline of Gehrig.
But hopefully can find a new place at the feet of McEvoy

Seeya
mcadam05
Club Player

does anyone know how many goals he has at VFL/Reserves level? I remember watching games at Moorabbin in the early 2000ths where he kicked some big bags

milney044
Club Player

Great Stuff Milney, some real rippers in that 300.
Huge achievement for a little fella, keep em comin.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.