Milne and Dal Dropping maybe not such a bad thing after all?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Milne and Dal Dropping maybe not such a bad thing after all?

There was a lot of mixed feelings about dropping Dal and Milne a few weeks ago and the small picture was all about their individual form and attitude whether they should have been or not but so much has changed with performance throughout the team since I was just wondering if anyone thinks it may have sent a message and caused a bit of a shake up with them all?

Obviously nothing bad has come out of it anyway including winning that game they missed.

markp
Saintsational Legend

It was a good move... performance since would seem to support that.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

i would say Dal Santo was giving as much before the dropping as after the dropping just people reading it differently.

same with milne.

was going very well before being dropped, going well after.

maybe an internal thing by the coach who knows.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

the controversy was about dropping Dal not both.

Milne's tyhe kind of player that benefits from a week in the 2s. For whatever reason, he absolutely dominates at VFL level every time.

he goes back there, kicks a bag, does the team things and comes back a more confident player... it's almost worth considering a monthly rotation :lol:

mick13
Club Player

They were dropped for their pressure, defensive side and accountability weren't they? How many tackles did they have?

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

mick13 wrote:They were dropped for their pressure, defensive side and accountability weren't they? How many tackles did they have?
My point is maybe they were also dropped to send a message through the team that no players position is safe and if necessary for lack of performance, attitude or whatever he wont hesitate in omitting anyone from the side .

It's just a coincidence that since then there's a whole different spark of attitude with them all.

saints11
Club Player

yes since milne has returned he has kicked 4 and 5 goals

markp
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:i would say Dal Santo was giving as much before the dropping as after the dropping just people reading it differently.

same with milne.

You cant seriously believe that?

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

It's been interesting that since Milne and Dal were dropped we seem to be getting a much more even contribution. Very few passengers the last few weeks and the performances have improved as a result.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

No you are wrong.

According to the usual suspects Lyon is a moron and a fool and is actively attempting to

a) destroy the club
b) wreck as many careers as possible
c) no idea and dropping Dal Santo will make he want to go to Essendon
d) absolutely wanting to wreck the Saints season

thats why Milne and Dal Santo was dropped - no other reason :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
krabb
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:i would say Dal Santo was giving as much before the dropping as after the dropping just people reading it differently.

same with milne.

maybe an internal thing by the coach who knows.
Rubbish..

Both needed a wake up call...both showed great character by how they took it..

Both have been better since..

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

so dal santo's form, on average, as opposed to one game, leading up to his being dropped wasn't good?

go back and have a look at how dal was going leading up to being dropped, heck even us hacks on the forum had him right up there with the best on the saintsational poll for best player.

as for milne, was our leading goal scorer leading up to his being dropped.

also as I pointed out, we scored a lot of goals and opportunities from cough cough bombing it long to kosi and riewoldt, as opposed to chippilotto, giving opportunities for Milne to crumb.

SHUT UP KRIME!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

in so far as it has served as a warning to the whole team to lift, it has done it's job. but i'm not sure either deserved to be dropped.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:in so far as it has served as a warning to the whole team to lift, it has done it's job. but i'm not sure either deserved to be dropped.
that as maybe

would love to see more of the same winning form against the hawks.

nightmares from the 80s haunt me still.

SHUT UP KRIME!
barneyboyz
Club Player

Winmar7Fan wrote:
mick13 wrote:They were dropped for their pressure, defensive side and accountability weren't they? How many tackles did they have?
My point is maybe they were also dropped to send a message through the team that no players position is safe and if necessary for lack of performance, attitude or whatever he wont hesitate in omitting anyone from the side .

It's just a coincidence that since then there's a whole different spark of attitude with them all.
Sometimes the coach just needs to let everyone know who's boss. Things were getting a bit out of hand, he was getting all the blame and something had to give.

For mine, Nick, as good as he is, was needing that for a long time, as for milne, the dropping might just extend his career one more season.

Also, if a Saints team (read players) was to have another coach sacked it would be 50 years to our next flag for sure

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:so dal santo's form, on average, as opposed to one game, leading up to his being dropped wasn't good?

go back and have a look at how dal was going leading up to being dropped, heck even us hacks on the forum had him right up there with the best on the saintsational poll for best player.

also as I pointed out, we scored a lot of goals and opportunities from cough cough bombing it long to kosi and riewoldt, as opposed to chippilotto, giving opportunities for Milne to crumb.
Look at Dals pressure efforts in the last against Carlton (stopped a certain goal with a great smother) he WAS NOT doing this prior to his dumping hes working harder for mine and thats a great thing.

Your unbeleivably biased. :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

barneyboyz wrote:Sometimes the coach just needs to let everyone know who's boss. Things were getting a bit out of hand, he was getting all the blame and something had to give.
What a good point you have there. For years and years the players have run and held the Club to ransom because they don't get their own way.

Good to see we finally have someone in place as Coach who will run the playing group the way it's supposed to be run - his way.

barneyboyz
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:so dal santo's form, on average, as opposed to one game, leading up to his being dropped wasn't good?

Look at Dals pressure efforts in the last against Carlton (stopped a certain goal with a great smother) he WAS NOT doing this prior to his dumping hes working harder for mine and thats a great thing.

I even saw Nick. involved in a bit of biffo (wrestle), when was the last time ya saw that? not that I condone it, but not that there's anything wrong with it either!!

Go Nick Dal Santo, you may finally be reallising your potential.

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

We will probably never know the real reasons behind RL's decision
Personally I think they were dropped for very different reasons.
Milne was doing most of the team orientated things, especially chasing up field. The problem was he wasnt kicking goals, his accuracy went out the window.
NDS was all about accountabilty and work rate.

Seeya
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

ROFL Dal Santo was playing well, and shepherding for ball and spoiling and doing the 1%ers before he was dropped.

did you read some of the rubbish about Dal being soft being written by so called fans on this forum in their criticisms of him?

if anything we have switched to playing more attacking football, and players are leaving their man to attack the ball, and we are taking more risks than at the start of this season.

earlier in the season folks were so worried about their own man, that an attacking player would see the st kilda players part like the red sea when they ran forward.

and we have players running off their man more in the last 3 weeks than in the previous 18 months.

And far less chippilotto, low risk back passing, and more high risk kicking forward to contests and running forward.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Dal was a lazy receiver.

He is now contributing in all ways. If you can't see that Dan, you have been going to different games than I have.

Go Sainters!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
markp
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote: Dal Santo was playing well, and shepherding for ball and spoiling and doing the 1%ers before he was dropped.
So why was he dropped?

Why was Milne Dropped?

You think it's had no effect whatsoever?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Im a bit with Dan on this. I dont think much has changed with Dal except he may be getting less of the ball but the one big change is we are winning and we dont need a scapegoat. Love to see his stats in the 2 games back compared to the previous games to see if there is any major difference. Anyone have that ability to get them.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:He is now contributing in all ways. If you can't see that Dan, you have been going to different games than I have.
Agreed 100%. Not sure he was "lazy" beforehand, but he certainly has improved his effort and intensity in all areas.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Dan Warna wrote: Dal Santo was playing well, and shepherding for ball and spoiling and doing the 1%ers before he was dropped.
So why was he dropped?

Why was Milne Dropped?

You think it's had no effect whatsoever?
I have no idea why Dal and Milne were dropped, Milne was our no.1 goal scorer pre being dropped, and Dal was 3rd or 4th on hard ball gets and tackles at the club.

in fact we were hearing folks rubbishing dal Santo's contribution on this forum, and wishing he never returned to the seniors ><

SHUT UP KRIME!