No time for gloating, no time for anything but COMMITMENT!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:D I don't mind admitting it here among my pals :) The old Jiggster's heart was in his mouth in that last quarter. So there'll be no gloating or boasting from me when I see me carlton friends...I have far too much more important tasks to focus on! Like getting me tonsils ready for the shouting and roaring that we'll need next satdee!!!
A good win yes, but its one game at a time folks! (has that line been used before? :? :wink: )
Love to you all of course as ever! :lol:

Dave

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: No time for gloating, no time for anything but COMMITMEN

thejiggingsaint wrote::D I don't mind admitting it here among my pals :) The old Jiggster's heart was in his mouth in that last quarter. So there'll be no gloating or boasting from me when I see me carlton friends...I have far too much more important tasks to focus on! Like getting me tonsils ready for the shouting and roaring that we'll need next satdee!!!A good win yes, but its one game at a time folks! (has that line been used before? :? :wink: )

Dave
Great to see both committment & humility jiggster. Be advised that you could end up in all sorts of trouble if you use an inferior lubricant on those tonsils of yours :roll: :roll: :wink: !!

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Re: No time for gloating, no time for anything but COMMITMEN

thejiggingsaint wrote::D I don't mind admitting it here among my pals :) The old Jiggster's heart was in his mouth in that last quarter. So there'll be no gloating or boasting from me when I see me carlton friends...I have far too much more important tasks to focus on! Like getting me tonsils ready for the shouting and roaring that we'll need next satdee!!!
A good win yes, but its one game at a time folks! (has that line been used before? :? :wink: )

Dave
Meh, 11 in a row, you kinda get used to it :wink:

Before Im 85
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Just love beating Carlton, believe they are still finding wooden spoons at Optus or whatever it's called now oval that we planted back in 2002.

Just hope we can keep rubbing there arrogant noses in it for a few years more.

barneyboyz
Club Player

I said to me missus last night..better I start ringing me old Carlton friends, then I thought, nah, the best thing is knowing that they'll be expecting it!!

TOO BAD FOR YOU"S

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
stinger
Saintsational Legend

life's a bitch........if you root for the brown bagging cheating scummers.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Well all I can say is after the arrogant rabble of your typical Carlton supporter on Friday night, and you DON'T want to rub it in to your mates, there is something seriously wrong.

After we kicked the sealer on Friday night, a pissed Carlton supporter and his 4 mates decided to have a crack at this Saints fan that had been giving it to them all night the row of seats in front of myself and the senile old man I call my Dad.

Now this wasn't pleasant stuff - the Carlton hoon had had enough to drink - as evidenced by him and his pack of cronies getting up every 15 minutes to get a beer (these kind of people annoy me to begin with - if they have to get a beer every 15 minutes they should just go watch the game at the bar)...... anyhow I digress.

The Saints fan obviously was c**k-a-hoop and had been subjected to rubbish comments all night, so this buffoon and his mate turn around and start pushing this poor bloke, even threatening to pull "his eyes out via his larynx". Real threatening stuff mixed in with profanities galore - coupled with the fact there were families next to me with their young kids. Quite lucky the police stepped in, otherwise it would have got very ugly

Just typical Carlton buffoons for mine. They are all scum and are born with silver spoons in their mouths. After watching and witnessing that disgraceful behaviour (it's a bloody football game!), I know where they can stick their silver spoons.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

TTSF I’m with you.

I always sit with 99% Saints fans and I am generally a really quiet supporter, amongst our own.

Last night sitting in the MCC with far too many Blues supporters, I actually got quite annoyed with them, and by the end of the night had no voice left at all.

I was sitting with a mate, his bosses (one of whom was a Blue :oops: ) and a friend of my mate, and I think I embarrassed myself because of the Blues in the area, withy my support of our team.

However – I enjoyed it at the time and won’t take it back….

Blues fans are still more feral than me ….
Last edited by Iceman234 on Sun 13 Jul 2008 2:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:Just typical Carlton buffoons for mine. They are all scum and are born with silver spoons in their mouths.
Does that mean we're born with wooden spoons in our mouths? ;)

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Otiman wrote:
TimeToShineFellas wrote:Just typical Carlton buffoons for mine. They are all scum and are born with silver spoons in their mouths.
Does that mean we're born with wooden spoons in our mouths? ;)
I think you might be onto something there :lol:

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Time to shine I believe I saw that to, bottom deck Ponsford stand, Carlton guy screaming right into the guys face, what an ass clown.

Well the good news is that not only did he have the disappointment of watching his team lose, but would have woken up saturday morning with a pounding hangover.

But your right, why do these guys get up an get one drink after another, not terribly intelligent considering the inflated price of alcohol at the footy.

If your going to booze on like that, stay at home and watch it on TV.

The sad thing is that the cops didn't drag them away.

crowjelly
Club Player

There was another blue buffoon behind me who started laughing when Dal would not take the shot at goal in the last 1/4 but passed it off to Kosi instead.

We were directly on the line of sight and said I'd have $50 on Kosi to kick it - he choked immediately (no silver in his family) but countered with $10 which was immediately accepted - how sweetly did the K-man hit it - it never looked like missing.

Typically the buffoon slunk off prior to the siren.

On top of backing the Saints to win - easiest money I've made all year!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:D Now PUR-LEEEZE don't get the Jiggster wrong!!! :shock: I've been on the wrong end of some of the crap we've had to take from the Bluebaggers. It was very satisfying to simply walk from the "G" to Richmond station and just have a smile on the dial! No taunting needed for this kiddie!!! I was gaining enough from the win! All the same, its nice to put some people back in their box is it not?!
The point I was trying to make in my OP is that we need to (all of us) stay absolutely focussed on this weeks opponents and how we deal with the task of getting the win.
Mrs Jigging was leaving work on Friday when one of her "colleagues" said "oh well, I'm just off to the pub for a few drinks to celebrate smashing the Saints later" My darlin companion has asked if She can borrow my Saints flag to put on her desk tomorra mornin for ALL to see!! :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)